Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I bought this palette when I was first starting with makeup. I was debating over this and the Naked 2 palette, and I opted for this because I didn't think I would need as many shades. I've been using this palette for some time now, and it's absolutely amazing!! The only problem I have with this is that it's hard to get Foxy and W.O.S to show up, even as a base color, and sometimes Naked 2, but then I have a medium-tan skin tone. The palette is also so versatile - I don't wear a lot of makeup to school but I almost always use Venus on the inner corners of my eyes (especially if I look like I absolutely no sleep the night before), Faint to fill in my eyebrows, and Crave as a soft liner under the eyes.

on 10/22/2016 10:43:00 PM

I recently received this palette by a good friend of mine, and I am so thankful. This is my first ever Urban Decay product and I feel in love. When I received it the mirror kept falling out. I don't know if this is because of what happened during shipping or what. Besides the packaging the pigmentation of the shadows is amazing! The size of the palette allows you to take it to places if you need too. This eyeshadow palette gives you the best neutral look without effort. I love that the black is a matte colour, which allows you to darken the crease. I used the colours Naked 2 and faint to give colour to my crease and I love how long it stayed throughout the day. If you want to experience the Naked series from Urban Decay, I recommend buying the Basics so you get an experience and make a decision yourself on whether you want to buy

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just want to start out by saying that I love this palette. This was my first high end eyeshadow palette and for 15 year old me, it was a really big deal. I think that this palette is very travel friendly, beginner friendly and versatile. This palette has been in my makeup bag for every trip I've been on since buying it and I know it won't break in my bag because the packaging is secure, small and sturdy. I use venus, foxy, wos and naked 2 all the time and the dark colors are just good, essential colors that are in almost every single palette. I think this palette can be used in many different ways and it is just a staple item in my makeup collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I adore urban decay palettes they were my first high end makeup palette and they never fail me they are my go to palettes. The basics palette in particular in one of my personal i love it for creating a simple everyday and as a added bonus all the shades are matte and very easy to use and super blendable. I am almost out of a few shades and i will not hesitate to repurchase them.

Below average. Don't recommend this because you could spend $45 towards much better eye shadows!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I think I may be the only girl who doesn't like the Urban Decay NAKED Basics palette. It was expensive (about $30.00 in Canada) and the colour pay-off and staying power was awful for the price. I could've gotten the same quality from a drugstore brand and for cheaper. In my opinion it was NOT worth the money and I don't think I would repurchase any Urban Decay palettes again simply for the reason of how junky they seemed. Perhaps I got a dud? I'm not sure but I was not impressed. If you are looking for a higher quality eyeshadow palette I would highly recommend the LORAC Pro Palettes (I use the #1 palette) as they are amazing! This is drugstore quality at best.

on 7/3/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't like the 3 Nakeds, but I really love the Naked Basics. This palette is really great if you just want a simple neutral eye. You can create a gorgeous smokey eye if you want also. It's easy to lighten or deepen the look. You can also leave it matte, or make it shimmery. This is also a great travel palette, being that it is so small and versatile (day to night looks, specifically). I would recommend this for beginners also. The only downside is probably the packaging because for some reason the shadows break easily. When I finish some of the shades in the palette, I will probably repurchase because the black shade broke entirely in the one I have now.

on 6/20/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The palette is nice, but the shadows never fail to shatter on me. Foxy and WOS are completely pointless to me and are not anything special, and that is a third of the pallete. The other eyeshadows are nice but just barely above mediocre.

on 5/6/2015 9:45:00 AM

UD Naked Basics (Original) is my first ever palette. I had no expectations whatsoever, all I thought about was owning a simple, versatile, and convenient makeup product. Here are my thoughts... :)

1. I really like the packaging. Sleek, compact, and sturdy.

2. I'm very much into matte formulas than shiny or glittery ones so I was pleased that majority of the shadows were matte. But I do like the one shimmery shadow. It works really well as a brow bone and tear duct highlight. lol

3. Since the shades are neutral nudes (does that make sense?) you are free to do a lot of different eye looks. From a soft brown to just defining your eyes for an everyday look to a bold, strong statement smokey look. :P

4. The color pay-offs are the beesssstttttt. Super pigmented. Smooth, buttery. Easy to blend. (thumbs up)

5. I just wish the shapes were different other than UD's signature rectangular shape. Especially for this palette since it's quite small and gives you a lot of experimenting with different looks the amount of product could've been a lot more.

6. $30 for the palette is a tad expensive for me. Maybe $25 would've been better? Too small and lacking on more product for 30 dollars. :(

7. The brown shade (Faint) is P E R F E C T for an eyebrow powder. Can't explain any further.

8. Ideal for travelling cuz of it's versatility and size.

Overall, I looove this palette. I'd re-purchase it. :)

on 3/30/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i love mattes and i love neutrals - this is the perfect combo! all of these shades work very well together but the shade i use the most is definitely WOS for when i'm too lazy to do a eyeshadow look but i still want my lids to look awake. i wish UD sold WOS as a single, though. :( but, these are still some very nice pigmented eyeshadows. i've had no problems blending them with a base color underneath.