Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme

No Image

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this for myself as an early xmas gift "treated" myself to some Chanel skincare (xmas 2016)...my very most expensive beauty product ($87 + tax from Macy's dot com)...I never imagined I'd spend $87 on a moisturizer but Chanel has sucked me in w their amazing quality. And it is worth it! I got the rec'd from Lisa from Chanel dot com but this way I got to put it it onto the "card" lol! I love the scent. The polyfractioning technique makes its ingredient so pure. The jar comes w a mini spatula. I mean man oh man! They thought of evthing except that the spatula is easy to misplace. Wish they had a little slot in the packaging for it would make this 101%! My skin only needs a pea sized amount. I'm using this as a night cream becoz I use hydra flash as my day moisturizer somexs if my skin is feeling particularly dry. Otherwise I just use Chanel lotion purete anti pollution toner & the Chanel anti pollution mousse foaming cleanser. This gel creme is gr8 for oily skin types but I can see if ur sensitive to fragrances or need a very emollient based creme this may not suit ur needs. I can feel my skin has plumped & improved in a short time. It remains tacky/sticky for about 15 mins so it's better as a night creme I've never tried it under MU tbh I use Chanel blanc under my MU as a base. I think that the closest thing I've used to this is Clinique total turn around & it did not have the same benefits (def not as much). I don't know, I'd rebuy this if it were not so $$ but $87 is a lot of $$. I think I will be sticking w Chanel skincare otherwise but may for summer switch to hydra flash as my night cream (cheaper) I do realize a good night cream is ESSENTIAL so I may end up splurging I want to see how my face looks after 6 months of using. Will update hoping to do so! I was using German Nivea previously which is a pain to get. I have to have my best friend send it to me coz I live in USA (we've got the Mexican "crapola" here & man it sux it just sits on top of the skin). And Nivea is kind of heavy for my skin to be completely honest I kind of can only use it every couple of days or it gets heavy & the Chanel doesn't make my skin feel congested & greasy. Nothing against Nivea I totally loved it until a couple of weeks ago & found the Chanel. They say that the German Nivea is a dupe for CdLM & I don't know personally becoz I've never used CdLM but Nivea is my old reliable if I don't buy this again I still will use it & I'm asking my best friend to send me some more in case I don't rebuy this. This hasn't broken out my skin ("yet" ha ha), I've got mature very oily acne prone at times skin & cant use things that are highly comedogenic for long periods of time. You can feel this in your pores penetrating them plumping up your skin. It won't leave a greasy residue on ur pillow. This also comes in creme form those who don't like gel creams. And the scent...TDF is right! Chanel makes their products so pleasing to the senses a real bit of real luxury added to my daily routine makes me happy!! Money blahhhhh you can't take
it with you ;-/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Contains tons of alcohol. So bad for skin over time. I didn't check the ingredient list before online purchase, like a fool. I also don't have very aged or dry skin, so I thought I could use this successfully in hot weather, at least. I'm also using sufficient quantities of oil (& other) serums that I didn't want an overly rich cream, especially in summer. Big waste of money!
And for someone not unusually sensitive to fragrance in face products, even I'm affected by how highly (artificially) scented this is. I'll stick to Chanel color from now on and not skincare.

on 7/8/2016 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am def in loveeeeee with this moisturizer. I love how it smells and I love how it makes my skin feel !!! 100%!!!! <3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this. It's really hard to find a moisturiser that is mattifying yet still gives enough moisture without leaving my skin feeling tight. I am OBSESSED with the smell too!

on 4/22/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

review by luusk hit all the review points I was going to cover-
this is sticky, doesnt really moisturize too well, and is comedogenic. I like the fragrance, is the only redeeming quality of this product. Not well enough to purchase again.

on 11/22/2014 12:26:00 AM

This gel cream is expensive is a average moisturizer its good for non sensitive oily skin. Not good for combination dry skin that is sensitive or ance prone. The textures is like a light cream but is sticky like a gel. So basicly a sticky light cream. It is to sticky to blend out smoothly. After it was dry and absorbed it was less sticky but my face was still dry and started to itch especially the drier parts. The it has a strong perfume smell

I have combo skin that breaks out with creamy moisturizers. Loved this because of the gel consistency, feeling on my face and fragrance. Downside is the price tag! However, I have not found anything comparable yet so I may come back to this.

on 3/13/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had gotten a small sample of this roughly about a year ago when I was purchasing my HG mascara from the counter. I absolutely loved the creme and even that tiny little sample I had lasted me quite a while. I'd been pining after the full size ever since but finally decided to take the plunge and purchase it about two weeks ago.

I have been using it twice daily and I absolutely love it! The weather has been vacillating between hot/humid and cold/dry which normally does a number on my skin but this creme has been protecting my skin on both accounts; mattifying my skin when it's humid and keeping it moisturized when it's dry.

A little definitely goes a long way with this creme; I still haven't even starting using the creme out of the jar itself; I've just been wiping a fingertip across the lid and that small has been enough to cover my face and even a little for my hands and elbows. The smell is absolutely TDF! I feel confident in having made this purchase because the product is doing its job wonderfully and at this rate, it will last me forever!

on 1/6/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First let me say, I miss HydraMax. This however is a close replacement. I cannot get enough of the smell. It is a strong scent, but it smells so clean. If scents tend to bother you then I would suggest trying a sample of this before buying.
I have oily skin and this is the perfect moisturizer. It is very light, but moisturizing enough that my skin doesn't feel the need to produce excess oil. A small amount goes a long way. I also only use this moisturizer in the morning, on clean skin. It is expensive so I like to get the most of this product. Because of the scent, I would not recommend using around the eye area. Highly recommend!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It did a decent job in keeping my face matte, and mildly moisturized. But the biggest negative for me is the very strong scent as well as the silicone-y feeling of it. It felt a bit sticky on my face and kind of like a film or something.