Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme

3.7

on 4/30/2017 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It is alright. Nothing special. My skin feels sticky whenever I apply more than a pea sized amount. Which is a big turn off for me. I really love the smell! Oh my baby Jesus, the scent of the Chanel hydra line is divine. I bought 2 jars, I'll probably use the second one as lubricant for door hinges.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Contains tons of alcohol. So bad for skin over time. I didn't check the ingredient list before online purchase, like a fool. I also don't have very aged or dry skin, so I thought I could use this successfully in hot weather, at least. I'm also using sufficient quantities of oil (& other) serums that I didn't want an overly rich cream, especially in summer. Big waste of money!
And for someone not unusually sensitive to fragrance in face products, even I'm affected by how highly (artificially) scented this is. I'll stick to Chanel color from now on and not skincare.

on 7/8/2016 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am def in loveeeeee with this moisturizer. I love how it smells and I love how it makes my skin feel !!! 100%!!!! <3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this. It's really hard to find a moisturiser that is mattifying yet still gives enough moisture without leaving my skin feeling tight. I am OBSESSED with the smell too!

on 4/22/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

review by luusk hit all the review points I was going to cover-
this is sticky, doesnt really moisturize too well, and is comedogenic. I like the fragrance, is the only redeeming quality of this product. Not well enough to purchase again.

on 11/22/2014 12:26:00 AM

This gel cream is expensive is a average moisturizer its good for non sensitive oily skin. Not good for combination dry skin that is sensitive or ance prone. The textures is like a light cream but is sticky like a gel. So basicly a sticky light cream. It is to sticky to blend out smoothly. After it was dry and absorbed it was less sticky but my face was still dry and started to itch especially the drier parts. The it has a strong perfume smell

I have combo skin that breaks out with creamy moisturizers. Loved this because of the gel consistency, feeling on my face and fragrance. Downside is the price tag! However, I have not found anything comparable yet so I may come back to this.

on 3/13/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had gotten a small sample of this roughly about a year ago when I was purchasing my HG mascara from the counter. I absolutely loved the creme and even that tiny little sample I had lasted me quite a while. I'd been pining after the full size ever since but finally decided to take the plunge and purchase it about two weeks ago.

I have been using it twice daily and I absolutely love it! The weather has been vacillating between hot/humid and cold/dry which normally does a number on my skin but this creme has been protecting my skin on both accounts; mattifying my skin when it's humid and keeping it moisturized when it's dry.

A little definitely goes a long way with this creme; I still haven't even starting using the creme out of the jar itself; I've just been wiping a fingertip across the lid and that small has been enough to cover my face and even a little for my hands and elbows. The smell is absolutely TDF! I feel confident in having made this purchase because the product is doing its job wonderfully and at this rate, it will last me forever!

on 1/6/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First let me say, I miss HydraMax. This however is a close replacement. I cannot get enough of the smell. It is a strong scent, but it smells so clean. If scents tend to bother you then I would suggest trying a sample of this before buying.
I have oily skin and this is the perfect moisturizer. It is very light, but moisturizing enough that my skin doesn't feel the need to produce excess oil. A small amount goes a long way. I also only use this moisturizer in the morning, on clean skin. It is expensive so I like to get the most of this product. Because of the scent, I would not recommend using around the eye area. Highly recommend!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It did a decent job in keeping my face matte, and mildly moisturized. But the biggest negative for me is the very strong scent as well as the silicone-y feeling of it. It felt a bit sticky on my face and kind of like a film or something.