3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

i haven't bought this for a while because i told myself it was too expensive. throughout that time i have settled for some truly mediocre, useless, and ineffective face creams that were actually in the same price range (one actually cost the same). so shame on me for ignoring one of the few skincare products i've ever used that actually made a positive difference in my greasy, acne-prone skin. the hydra beauty gel creme is NOT for people with dry skin, and i'd avoid it if you're sensitive to fragrance, too. but if you're oily, this stuff keeps you matte and hydrated and is fantastic under makeup. plus the shape of the jar is user-friendly for scooping out every bit of product - no waste! at the moment this is out of my price range but if you do have a few extra dollars this is genuinely worth a try.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

When I first started to get into skincare, this was the first product I bought since at that time I had oily skin. I was very lucky because I managed to get an awesome buy, since I got THREE Chanel products for just 60 euros. The coffret included this cream, a anti-pollution beauty mask and a toner. I really liked its texture, it didn't feel greasy at all on my skin and I used it during summertime where we have temperatures like 40ºC. It stopped all my teenage breakouts and it really hydrated my skin. The only reason I didn't buy it again is the price. It's pretty expensive (around 60 euros) and I wanted to try different, cheaper creams. Overall, if you've got the money and are willing to spend it, I really recommend this cream.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

3 years ago

It is alright. Nothing special. My skin feels sticky whenever I apply more than a pea sized amount. Which is a big turn off for me. I really love the smell! Oh my baby Jesus, the scent of the Chanel hydra line is divine. I bought 2 jars, I'll probably use the second one as lubricant for door hinges.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

Contains tons of alcohol. So bad for skin over time. I didn't check the ingredient list before online purchase, like a fool. I also don't have very aged or dry skin, so I thought I could use this successfully in hot weather, at least. I'm also using sufficient quantities of oil (& other) serums that I didn't want an overly rich cream, especially in summer. Big waste of money! And for someone not unusually sensitive to fragrance in face products, even I'm affected by how highly (artificially) scented this is. I'll stick to Chanel color from now on and not skincare.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

4 years ago

I am def in loveeeeee with this moisturizer. I love how it smells and I love how it makes my skin feel !!! 100%!!!! <3

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I love this. It's really hard to find a moisturiser that is mattifying yet still gives enough moisture without leaving my skin feeling tight. I am OBSESSED with the smell too!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

5 years ago

review by luusk hit all the review points I was going to cover- this is sticky, doesnt really moisturize too well, and is comedogenic. I like the fragrance, is the only redeeming quality of this product. Not well enough to purchase again.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairRed

EyesBlue

2.0

5 years ago

This gel cream is expensive is a average moisturizer its good for non sensitive oily skin. Not good for combination dry skin that is sensitive or ance prone. The textures is like a light cream but is sticky like a gel. So basicly a sticky light cream. It is to sticky to blend out smoothly. After it was dry and absorbed it was less sticky but my face was still dry and started to itch especially the drier parts. The it has a strong perfume smell

About reviewer (141 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I have combo skin that breaks out with creamy moisturizers. Loved this because of the gel consistency, feeling on my face and fragrance. Downside is the price tag! However, I have not found anything comparable yet so I may come back to this.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I had gotten a small sample of this roughly about a year ago when I was purchasing my HG mascara from the counter. I absolutely loved the creme and even that tiny little sample I had lasted me quite a while. I'd been pining after the full size ever since but finally decided to take the plunge and purchase it about two weeks ago. I have been using it twice daily and I absolutely love it! The weather has been vacillating between hot/humid and cold/dry which normally does a number on my skin but this creme has been protecting my skin on both accounts; mattifying my skin when it's humid and keeping it moisturized when it's dry. A little definitely goes a long way with this creme; I still haven't even starting using the creme out of the jar itself; I've just been wiping a fingertip across the lid and that small has been enough to cover my face and even a little for my hands and elbows. The smell is absolutely TDF! I feel confident in having made this purchase because the product is doing its job wonderfully and at this rate, it will last me forever!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool