Mary Kay Timewise Repair System

4.5

on 5/17/2016 10:37:00 PM

I am 35 and have combination skin. I take good care of my skin and have been even more diligent since my early 30's. I love the texture and quality of the foaming face wash-it's more of a balm consistency going on and it will NOT dry out your face. The toner was too strong for my skin and tingled immediately upon application so I gave it to a friend of mine who absolutely loved it and reordered it without any complaints about the $70 price tag. She noticed a major difference in her skin just from the toner. The day and night creams are both richer than I am used to so I use just very little and the texture is quite luxurious. The eye cream applicator is silver and cools the area upon application - definitely like it better than the prior mk eye cream. I think even though the price is $200 it's well worth it, especially considering you get face wash, day and night Cream, toner AND eye cream! One more thing, on the face wash, I seriously need the smallest amount and it's so rich in texture I can massage it into my whole face,removes all makeup with a warm, wet washcloth. Love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Everything burns and stings my face. I do not have super sensitive skin. My skin is not dry, it is oily/combination. I have always taken great care of skin. I was sucked in by the hype. I have noticed that Mary Kay products have been changing. I am using less and less of their products. If it works for you great, but it hurts me.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/6/2016 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Mary Kay products since I was 18; but I did try other products such as Almay, Merle Norman, Shine Free, Meaningful Beauty and Bye Bye Foundation. I always come back to the Mary Kay skin care products; I'm 46 years old now and I am hooked on the Mary Kay Time Wise Repair system and the Mary Kay Time Wise wrinkle filler. I have oily skin and have
had a few problems with break outs so I don't wear very any foundation but I wear a full coverage moisturizer and a little blush with eye make up, liner and mascara. My skin feels soft, clean, and looks refreshed. My fine line and wrinkles are less noticeable. I'm very pleased with Mary Kay Time wise repair set.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I was won over by the product claims but never saw any results after long time use.
This also was not good to my oily skin what so ever. I broke out and my skin was super slick looking and shiny. :(
I do love the look of the products and wish it would work for me.

I have been using the Volu-Firm repair line, face wash/serum/night cream and day cream and eye cream for about a month and yesterday someone asked me who my dermatologist was because they said I have pretty skin.....that has never happened to me ever before! I agree the first few times it tingles, but your skin gets used to it, and starts to develop a glow and your skin starts to look more clear, without lines and you feel confidant without makeup at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I am a P.U. (personal use) consultant with Mary Kay. I have been using the Repair system for nearly two years. I recall the first time I used it, the serum it felt like it was burning my face. I know now that it was 'fixing' my ultra-dry skin. About 3 months after I started using it, I saw a gal I hadn't seen in about two years (not involving Mary Kay at all) and the first words out of her mouth were an exclamation: 'YOU LOOK YOUNGER!!!'. That said it all for me. I have done price comparisons with other similar systems and the MK Repair set is by far the least expensive. I will say that the Serum lasts about 2 months and the other products do last longer. The day cream has an SPF in it so you don't need to worry about using sunscreen on your face. I washed out the 'jar' from the day and night creams and use them for dispensing other products. The repair was very thick in the bottle and when I cut the top off to use every speck of it, I transferred it to the day cream 'jar' and nary a drop will be wasted. I use it with the Mary Kay Skinvigorate brush and I have to say my skin is softer and more moisturized than it has even been and I have been a user of Mary Kay products since 1978!

on 6/26/2014 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I have had sensitive, acne prone oily skin since I was 11. My acne subsided in my 40s (as the dermatologist had predicted when I was a teen). This means that since my early teen years I've tried all types of products, none of which helped to make my skin look noticeably clear, smooth, and radiant, contrary to what they promised. I had so given up on finding good products for my skin, that I did not even bother to try on the Time Wise Repair samples I had with me for almost two years.

At a Mary Kay party I saw how ONE application of the products dramatically improved the look of a woman in her late 50's who had been pretty low maintenance with skin care. I was so amazed that I decided to try on my samples after I went home. I was still very skeptical (after all those decades of disappointments and LOTS of wasted $$$$), but saw an improvement in my skin after three days. Because it was the day after I had gone to the optometrist, I honestly thought that the drops he used for my eye exams had made my vision blurry. I was so used to seeing my face with dark spots that I had a hard time adjusting to the new reality of - yes, clear, smooth, even skin which I never had since age 11 !!!

Anyway, I gave that long preamble to make my point that the product really works! Now I use the cleanser and Volu-Firm on my face everyday. They make my skin feel soft, and the Volu-Firm goes on v. lightly. The day cream makes my skin look v. slightly ashy (I have warm, deep caramel skin), so I use a light sunscreen. But I use the night cream on my hands at night. It is instantly absorbed. (I read before bedtime, and the cream doesn't leave greasy spots on the pages.) The products have a subtle, pleasant, fragrance that quickly wears off. The creams do not feel "goopy" at all, and the packaging is very elegant - in a pinkish mauve tone with silver accents.

on 3/31/2014 11:27:00 PM

This is the best skin care I've used ever! The packaging alone is fabulous, keeping it fresh and free of bacteria. I have spent a fortune on skin care. Estée Lauder, Lancôme, La Mer skin ceuticals. Hands down, Mary Kay hit a home run with this. Not your grandmothers skin care. and it takes only a few minutes every night. everything works together, feels great, no burning, flaking, redness etc. a great value too. You can buy each part one at a time as you use up other stuff! I started with the day cream, then cleanser, retinol night cream, serum and finally bought eye cream. 5 products for 200.00. And it really works. I'm 62 and my skin looks like I'm 20 yrs younger.

on 2/8/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that I an a MK consultant. I'm not a pink caddy driving saleswoman but between myself, two daughters and a few friends I somehow manage to buy just enough make up to keep myself in business. I ordered some samples of this new system but had not gotten around to trying it out. I gave some samples to a friend of mine and she went nuts about it so I HAD to give it a try. Holy Cow!!! I LOVE this new line. It is light and clean. My skin has never felt this clean. After about a month of using I can see such a difference in my skin. Little lines are fading and my skin tone is just better. I am comfortable leaving the house with out make up for the first time in years. If you can get a sample, give it a try but be prepared to order it after you use up the sample. I have friends who are now scared to try it because they know they will love it. My big regret is that I didn't do before pictures. I've been on this for close to a month and the other ladies are right. You don't have to use much. A tiny amount is all it takes. At this rate I'm sure it will last at least 6 mos. I have even found that if I use too much of the day cream it kind of balls up and rubs off. Use it sparingly, it's much too expensive to waste.

on 6/5/2013 10:46:00 PM

Totally LOVE this system! I've been a MK user for years and was hesitant to try this system b/c of the price, but boy, am I glad I did! The foaming Volu-Firm Cleanser smells fantastic - love the way it lathers up and that you only use a pea size amount. The Volu-Firm Lifting Serum works best for me on a damp face - not a dry one. I think it has certainly helped the crow's feet as well as the laugh lines that were beginning to show. The Volu-Firm Renewal Eye Cream is silky and the applicator feels heavenly on tired eyes. I use it underneath both in the a.m. and p.m. and then a small amount just on lids at night. The Volu-Firm Night Cream with Retinol is not as creamy smooth as the Volu-Firm Day Cream. I have normal/dry skin and sometimes the Night Cream with Retinol leaves my cheeks red immediately after application, but that goes away. I've never used anything with Retinol before this and I think redness is common upon using. The Volu-Firm Day Cream is super creamy and seems to moisturize well, although during the winter months I did have to occasionally add some extra moisturizer on top of it in my really dry areas. By the way, I'm 46 yrs old and since I've been using this system for the past 4 months I've had people comment on how good my skin is looking and I usually surprise strangers who guess that I'm in my mid-to-late-30's. Will definitely keep using and will recommend to my friends. My sister, has currently just purchased her first set and I'm anxious to see if she loves it as much as I do.

Popular Face Skincare Products