Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

3.7

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vegetable Oil, Caprylic Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Beeswax, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadow foam) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Polyethylene. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Mica, Red 7 Lake, Iron Oxides, Red 6, Yellow 5 Lake, Carmine

I have this in the colour Cherry Cream Pie and I love it. It is a very pigmented red shade which can be applied sheerly for an everyday wash of red, or built up with 2-3 swipes to a bright red, great for more dramatic looks or nights out. Even though the colour is great, due to the fact this is a balm rather than a lipstick, the staying power is not fantastic. It will last through a cold drink, but will need to be reapplied after a meal or multiple drinks. However, the crayon shape makes this easy to reapply without a mirror. The packaging is very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks - a sturdy plastic with a lid that fits well and does not become loose. You can easily through this in your handbag without worrying that the lid will come off or the packaging will become damaged. This products are very moisturising, so great for a pop of colour during winter when your lips are a bit drier. I would highly recommend this product as a cheaper alternative for the Clinique Chubby Sticks. If you like those, you'll love these!

Oh my gosh Why haven't I ever tried these before!!!!

I bought this in the shade 205 (ballet twist) and its sooo pretty. Its a nude warm toned pink with fine gold shimmer (not glitter) in it and it looks so awesome on my pale lips. I find that it gives the right amount of pigmentation but I usually dont have a hard time with that since im so pale anyways most things show up on my skin (my shade is about an NC5- NC10) ..

After reading the reviews I just have to add that you shouldnt rate these badly because they didnt offer enough pigmentation...it says right on the tube "SHEER COLOR" they arent meant to be a lipstick but more of a tinted balm!!! People read the packaging and actually LEARN what you are getting yourself into before you buy it!! lol

Anyways, I also like that they dont have any annoying perfumey fragrance to them because I really dislike scented makeup products especially on my lips (plus it always makes it taste bad) these have no fragrance or taste.

They arent super moisturizing like an actual lip balm/chapstick but they are moisturizing enough to be comfortable on my lips!

Im going to go back soon and try a couple more colors but Im very happy with the one I did get!

5/5 lippies because
-beautiful shade (205 ballet twist)
-comfortable to wear
-easy application
-inexpensive
-no fragrance / no taste

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the Caramel Cream shade and while it's not very glossy in my opinion, really more of a matte lipstick, it's very pretty. Kinda a carnation pink. While it drys about two hours later the wear is really good and makes my lips look gorgeous and full, extra points for the self sharpening aspect too.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been wanting to try these for awhile after seeing some pretty good reviews on YouTube, but I already own almost all of the Revlon crayons (my FAVE!) and just couldn't justify it UNTIL I found them on clearance at Kmart for $.75! So, naturally, I bought 5 of them.

I love crayon style lip products. They're so easy to apply and to throw in your bag for the day. They're also generally more sheer than typical lip sticks or creams. These are no different. Super easy to apply, really pretty shades that are sheer and soft, making them great for any daytime look. My favorite are actually the brighter shades, Haute Pink Twist, Watermelon Twist, and Berry Twist because they make shades I normally would never be able to pull off totally wearable and comfortable.

The only one I've worn for an entire day so far is Berry Twist, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it stained. I didn't have high expectations since there are no claims on these being a stain, but it appeared to leave a nice pink color behind after the shine/balm wore off. I'm hopeful that the other bright shades are like this!

A couple shades I picked up were duds for me - Mauve Twist and Apricot Twist had virtually no color pay off on my lips. Apricot Twist had maybe a tiny bit, but Mauve Twist just looked like a gloss on my lips. Apricot Twist was also broken - it works but I have to be careful not to let it fall out of the tube when I use it.

Lastly, I hate that the names aren't on the packaging after you take the cellophane off - only the numbers are. Or at least I couldn't find them.

on 5/3/2015 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought Berry Twist #230 on clearance for $3 at Target yesterday, saw it had good reviews on Amazon so I bought it.

It wasn't what I expected upon first application because I was used to the high pigmentation from E.L.F.'s Matte Lip Color to cover my uneven natural lip color which made me unhappy.. ALSO I was shocked that it smells straight up like a crayon!

But I retried it today after reading some reviews & realized that I had it apply it heavily to even out my lip color (which I don't really mind cus it feels pretty light), it's smooth to apply, & I like how this can be used for a casual daily look (since I think bold red lipstick during daytime is too much).

May repurchase in different colors when they're on clearance! ;)

**This review if for the color 270 - Cocoa Twist**

This stuff is amazing! It the absolute perfect shade and formula for everyday, easy wear. The color is gorgeous and adds just the right amount of color. Like what I want my natural lips to look like. lol The name had me worried it would be too brown, but it's the prefect blend of honey brown/nude pink mix with just a hint of gold flecks. (NOT glitter... I hate glitter lip products!) I would say it is more of a balm than a gloss, but that is actually even better for me. The lasting power is completely average, but thanks to the convenient stick forumla, reapplying is super easy even on the go, so that's no biggie. Also, it leaves a little color behind even when it feels like the product is gone. I only didn't give it five stars because I haven't tried any other colors (yet!) so I'm not sure how much I would like them.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in the 205 shade, I personally don't like it at all. I didn't like it to begin with but then I got the wet n wild megaslicks balm stain and like that much better. (Plus this is $10 and the Wet n Wild is $3) Anyways, this product is hard to apply, it doesn't apply evenly at all. It'll like skip spots when u run it over your lips as if it moved away from the dry parts. You have to do multiple coats and even then it doesn't look good. Also, the smell is very unsatisfying, it smells just like cardboard. Shame, I had high expectations for this product.

on 3/31/2015 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in 2 shades Blush Twist and Apricot Twist. I like the finish on these they are not 100% matte but not glossy either, a soft natural finish that almost makes it look like your natural lips and not a lipstick or balm. That was my favourite thing about them and the only reason I would consider buying again, Blush had a better consistency than Apricot which for some reason gets a little chunky/flakey. I did not find them moisturizing at all. I like the large pencil design but it's hardly original to this product, there are better similar products out there. Would not repurchase.

on 3/17/2015 1:12:00 PM

I have this in shade 205 - Ballet Twist - and there is basically no color payoff. It's a light pink--a pretty color but doesn't really show up on my lips. It highlights the lines in my lips and lasts about 10 minutes. Worst of all, the crayon broke! I didn't drop it, I didn't even travel with it. It has a cheap makeup/crayon smell but that doesn't bother me because it doesn't linger.

I gave it two lipsticks instead of one just because I've only tried one shade and other shades might be better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm new to this whole lip color thing, I've always just played it safe with clear lip balms and sometimes venture into the tinted balm category. These gloss balms from Cover Girl caught my eye and I am officially in love!! I'm not sure what the shade I love is called though it's a soft nude peachy pink.

Why I love it:

- the color is very natural, almost like my natural lip tone though with a bit more impact
- the feel is smooth and non-sticky
- it lasts a long time
- packaging is easy to use and is very portable
- its a perfect finishing touch to a 'no makeup' look
- this even lasted through my hot yoga class!

So this gloss balm has officially turned me on to an actual lip color! I may even go for a nude lipstick from Cover Girl next.