New York Color Show Time Glitter Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this eyeliner in the brown shade for about $2 CAD on sale. I didn't notice the glitter when I bought it but it's not very bothersome. After using it for about a week now on the upper lash liner to fill in the gaps between my lashes. I smoke it out onto the outer third of the bottom lash line and it looks pretty decent. The glitter on the pencil seems to be most concentrated on the tip when it's brand new, once you work fast that first layer it's not as glittery and smooth, but it's still okay. It can leave a bit of a crumbly effect like some eyeliner pencils do when they aren't very smooth. The packaging is very cheap (as to be expected from the drugstore), but, for the price I wouldn't make it too big of a deal. I wouldn't repurchase this because I would like to try out some more brown eyeliners at the drugstore.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought this (in black) specifically for my waterline and it worked really well. Now I use it to line waterline and upper and lower lash lines too. It is very smooth and creamy and can smudge during application if you're not careful. The glitter in this black pencil is very large and I don't like the silver color. When the pencil fades by the end of the day, the silver glitter is still going strong. Since it is glitter and not shimmer it can look childish so be careful. The packaging is terrible: the plastic cap cracked easily and very easily slides down and smashes the pencil tip causing frequent sharpening. In fact, it is so creamy that it requires frequent sharpening anyway. For that reason I'm glad it is only $2.00 (buy it during the frequent Rite Aid 40% off sales!).

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this in the blue and the brown shades. It is definitely glittery--in fact, when I looked at the pencil, the chunks of glitter in the brown pencil was on the large side. However, when applied to my eyelid, the glitter didn't seem so obvious and the overall effect was nice. The eyeliner was difficult to apply: the formula is dry and not creamy, so there was lots of tugging and reapplying...which doesn't help in drawing a fine line at all! Blending the eyeliner was also difficult, so don't expect to be able to do a lot of smudged effects. The eyeliner wears well and comes off easily with makeup remover at the end of the day.

The quality of this product is really worth 3.5 lippies, but I bumped it up to 4 because it's a good value for money. It's no UD, Stila or even Milani...but for a glittery eyeliner on the cheap, Show Time can fill the bill.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

After switching from glasses to contacts my eyes changed and became super watery. I found that my normal eyeliner, the Urban Decay 24-7 pencil, didn't hold up to the waterline challenge. After a few hours, the eyeliner would migrate to underneath my eyelash line on my outer corners giving me some weird, cat eye raccoon eye. lol. I began to test all my black liner in my stash and this one performed suprisingly well. I thought it wouldn't work well on the water line because of the glitter, but the glitter is really tiny and you can't even feel it. The texture is creamy, but nowhere near as creamy and soft as UD 24-7. For me, this is a positive though! This lasts pretty well, and when it fades it fades evenly. The biggest plus is that it doesn't gather or smudge!