Essence Superfine Eyeliner Pen

3.0

I actually really liked this eyeliner pen and am kind of shocked at its low average rating. The ink that comes out of this is super black, even when pressed lightly, and I only have to do one layer to get a smooth black line. This product is not at all patchy. I find it very easy to control the pen and make successful wings and lines of various thicknesses dependent on my mood. I had no issues with this product fading, but I have dry skin and eyelids so this may have helped. This product is not waterproof so will give you panda eyes in the shower but it does need to be removed with a proper makeup remover. This product is extremely well priced and a great quality compared to some other drugstore eyeliner pens on the market. I will finish and repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wanted so badly to love this. It's three dollars and I can get it at the drugstore, and I wish it were good, but it really isn't. When I first put it on it wasn't at all opaque, but I thought that for the price I would make it work, but then after about an hour of wear I looked in a mirror and noticed that it had already started to wear off! Also, it does not dry down. Ever. I rubbed my eye a few hours after I had put it on, and the whole wing came off. Not smudged, but rubbed off so there was absolutely no product left. And if you put lot on (because it isn't opaque), it just turns into a sticky smudgy mess be cause it. will. not. dry. A waste of three dollars.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Its cheap and works magic

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is aweful..although its pretty cheap it doesn't worth it imo...I maybe used it for a couple of days before I realize that it's such a nightmare to get the actual product on your eyes..the color is really faint on maybe because I can't get the product out of the pen..people think I'm putting a grey eyeliner not black and it has a long soft tip that makes it hard to draw a perfect wing if you are a beginner
Directly to the trash :(

This eyeliner pen is awesome! The long, but skinny tip is amazing for winging my eyes out! It dries quickly and stays all day. The wand is starting to fray a lil bit on the tip, but its still useable, and at $3 i can buy 4 of these a year no problem. Hasn't dried out or smudged at all on me! (it says to store the product laying down, which i do) These other people are crazy, this eyeliner is the bomb!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this initially just because of the price. I was still looking for a really great eyeliner pen, as I'd been disappointed with others both from drug stores and more high end brands in the past. I figured for $3 I'd give it a shot. I was very pleasantly surprised with this, it performed better than other pen liners that cost way more than this! It's very pigmented, and glides on very easily without skipping or dragging. Because the tip is so fine it makes it really easy to draw wings, and also to fix little mistakes. The tip does get a bit flimsy after a while, but I find it to still be usable. If you store the pen with the tip facing downwards at night or when you're not using it, it will last a long time without drying out. I found that it stayed put all day, and I personally didn't have a problem with it staining my eyelids. I would definitely recommend this product, and I will continue to buy it!

Pros: super thin, easy to apply, I had no problem getting it off. Cons: transfers to my upper lid, doesn't stay all day
Edit: The tips wears down after a few uses, and it becomes unusable. It worked well for my use, as I wear liquid liner very rarely, but I wouldn't recommend if you are planning on using it on a regular basis.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This pen is shit!! Excuse my language but it is horrible!! It frays, loses it's tip and is basically a MOIST MESS!!!!!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Smudges big time above my hooded eyelids.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

It is so cheap and it works!
I have oily eyelids, eyeliner pencils always smudge, so I tried this eyeliner pen
Also the fine tip is great, I like to do my eyeliner really thin. The only problem is that after a while the tip at the end looses sharpness and product.
It lasts all day, no smudging