Pravana- Pure Light Sulfate-Free Brightening Shampoo for Blonde, Silver or Highlighted Hair

No Image

4.2

on 9/15/2017 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is for the purple shampoo and conditioner in the light purple bottles. I have used these 2 x. Although the toning ability/pigmentation is strong, ie it works, I found that my hair felt very dry and brittle afterwards, ie the colouring agents in the shampoo seem to dry it out, and the colour was mouse-ier, ie like a ash blonde/brown rinse had gone through my hair. I felt that my blonde wasn't brighter or cleaner, just duller. Didn't love it unfortunately.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic product!!! Used to use Clairol Shimmer Lights for years and it worked great but I needed to use it often and it was very drying - also, I became very sensitive to SLS. I didn't have to think about purple shampoo for many years because I went dark. I recently added a full head of highlights and I needed something new to tame the brassiness. I stumbled across this at a local beauty supply store and gave it a chance because I was very happy with Pravana's Color Ensure line years ago when I was blonde. This did not disappoint! SUPER GENTLE, not at all drying, my highlights looked beautifully refreshed with zero brassiness. Love that it is sulfate-free as well!!

AWFUL product made my hair SOOOO brassy i HATE it PLS don't purchase this its Really BAD!!

on 8/10/2014 9:42:00 PM

i LOVE this stuff sooo much, the smell is fluffy and the color is rich enough to literally tone out even the most stubborn tones thanks to the balance of purple & blue in the product.
I really wish they would make it in a larger size! definately worth the price and totally versatile.

Love this shampoo! I would definitely recommend it!

on 10/7/2013 9:37:00 AM

Love, love, love this shampoo. Not only is it sulfate free, but that gold brassy color in my highlights just disappears. Makes hair soft, great smell.

on 9/11/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing product!! I've been dying my light brown hair a dirty blonde color for years. Recently I bought one of the box kits and tried to do it myself. My hair came out this orange strawberry blonde color. I was happy with how light the color was, but it was way too orange for my liking and it looked so fake. I picked up this shampoo hoping for a miracle. I saturated all my hair and left it on for five minutes. The results were just amazing! All the orange was miraculously gone!! I had the beautiful natural blonde color that I was hoping for. I couldn't be happier with this product. When I thought my hair looked terrible, all it took was one shampoo and it was the beautiful salon color that I wanted. I saw that there were several other options available but I choose this shampoo because I needed immediate results. In the past I've used shimmer lights, but it would take a long time for me to notice subtle results, plus it dried out my hair. The pravana shampoo did not dry out my hair. Sooooooo happy with this product!! I plan to use it about twice a week to keep the brassy color away.

on 4/3/2013 9:34:00 PM

Now that Joico reformulated, this is hands-down the best purple shampoo out there. Everything the reviewer below me said is true. If you have resistant warmth, TRY THIS. This is no purple shampoo for wimps lol. And if you're new to purple shampoos, or don't have stubborn warmth, tread carefully. This stuff will STAIN the heck out of your hands and really kill the brass. If your hair is receptive to normal purple shampoos it could go too far. This passes what I call the "lather" test.. most purple shampoos, the lather turns white shortly after... with this, it stays purple. That's how you know the purple is still there doing its job.

Oh, and besides its superiority in toning, it is way more gentle than most tinted shampoos. You can leave this on for the full time and be fine. Super, super gentle. Like the reviewer below, I do shampoo with another sulfate-free shampoo first because it is just TOO gentle for my oily scalp when used alone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Amazed. This is hands-down the most pigmented violet shampoo I have ever bought. I have said that before about a couple brands but this blows them away. First off this is pricier at about $20 per 10.1 ounce bottle. And it is liquidy. It isn't as thick as most shampoos. It is sulfate-free so it won't lather as much either. But it is so pigmented that I have to bring a washcloth in the shower to wash the walls and shower curtain off afterwards so they do not stain (so if that is too much for you maybe look at Joico or AG's). It gets rid of 100% of the yellow and brass in one use. I shampoo first with another sulfate free shampoo and then apply this, leave it on for 4-5 minutes and rinse, then condition and rinse again. Leaves me with perfectly toned level 9-ish blonde hair without any buttery colors or brass. Doesn't seem to dry my hair out (I always condition though) and smells good. Will buy this again for sure!