Freeman Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

WATER/AQUA/EAU, KAOLIN, BENTONITE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, PANTHENOL, MORINDA CITRIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, GARCINIA MANGOSTANA PEEL/FRUIT EXTRACT, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) FRUIT EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, EUTERPE OLERACEA FRUIT EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO ) OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE (VEEGUM ULTRA), DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), BLUE 1(CI 42090), AMYL CINNAMIC ALDEHYDE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL (LILIAL).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask is a "rich clay mask with acai extract to purify and sooth the skin. It contains Mega 8 Complex; a blend of goji, acai, pomegranate, mango, mangosteen, cranberry, noni, and blueberry; which are high in antioxidants to help neutralize skin damage, leaving skin soft and revived. Super oil-absorbent clays draw impurities from skin and clean out clogged pores." This mask is suited for all skin types, but I think those with dry skin should be wary, clay masks may dry their skin out even more. Freeman claims that their products are made with natural, botanical ingredients, and for the most part that is true, but they aren't 100% natural. I bought my 6fl oz (150ml) tube at Ulta for $3, I had a $1 off coupon. Don't want to commit to a full size tube? That's ok, Freeman offers .5fl oz travel size packets for $2. The value isn't great compared to buying a large tube, but you get 2-5 uses per packet, so you can really get a good idea if you want to buy the full size. Freeman is a cruelty free brand. This mask was made in America. This mask used to be called the Super Fruit Detoxifying Clay mask.
This mask's packaging is really appealing to me. A bluish purple squeeze tube with lots of yummy fruits and splashing water on the front. The name of the product can be found on the front of the tube, written in both English and French. The back of the tube is loaded with information, including a company and product description in both languages, and a full ingredient list. Freeman always includes very thorough information on their products, even the sample packets. My only dislike about this mask's tube is how messy the dispenser can get, but really that stems from my own laziness. I could wipe it off after use, but that's effortttt.
Freeman's Acai mask is light blue, with a thick, creamy, smooth consistency. This mask is easy to spread over the face evenly. I feel like I don't use very much of this mask; even after a handful of uses the tube still seems almost full. Freeman suggests using their acai mask twice a week, but I rotate between this one and their Chocolate&Strawberry mask, so I use it once a week, usually on Friday so I look ~super sexy~ for my weekend job. Freeman doesn't give a specific amount of time that this mask should be left of, just til it dries. How long that takes depends on how thickly you apply it, for me it takes between 15-20 minutes. As it dries this mask gets pretty tight on the skin, talking and smiling can be a little difficult, but I don't find the tightness uncomfortable otherwise. This mask is really easy to rinse off as well, which is great!
So what kind of results do I notice after I rinse Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask off? My skin immediately feels much softer and has a bouncy quality to it. My skin seems a little tighter, in a positive way, not a dry way. My face looks brighter. This mask really does something for me! It makes my skin look and feel really refreshed and I think it helps treat my acne bit. Plus the light, pleasant, creamy berry scent makes me happy.
There isn't too much that I dislike about Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask. It's packaging is cute and functional. The mask is a pretty color, has a great texture, and a light, fresh scent. I get noticeable results right away, and they last a couple days. I feel like this mask fulfills all of it's promises. This is my favorite of the four Freeman Face Masks I've tried. I definitely recommend this mask to anyone with slightly dry to oily skin, and everyone in between. I'll likely repurchase this mask, but I won't need to for quite a while.