Freeman Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

Not tested on animals

WATER/AQUA/EAU, KAOLIN, BENTONITE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, PANTHENOL, MORINDA CITRIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, GARCINIA MANGOSTANA PEEL/FRUIT EXTRACT, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) FRUIT EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, EUTERPE OLERACEA FRUIT EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO ) OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE (VEEGUM ULTRA), DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), BLUE 1(CI 42090), AMYL CINNAMIC ALDEHYDE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL (LILIAL).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This mask is just "Meh"--I thought this would offer more benefits that a single clay mask but it really didn't do anything for my dull, combination and mildly sensitive skin. My skin was the same as before and even duller after several uses (been using it 1-2 per months). Much better masks out there...won't buy again.

Was looking for a facial mask that wasn't too pricey and thought I found THE ONE.

Yep...the worst one. I had high hopes, great smell and nice texture. It did rinse off well, Iíll give it that. But my skin was dry after, my eyes burned like crazy for the duration and it broke me out fierce.

IMHO, it's cheap yes but not worth the risk. Other reviews here mentioned the stinging eyes and breakouts, but I pressed on because it was such a good value.

Sometimes you get a great product at a bargain...and sometimes you get what you pay for.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wish I could like this mask. It smells nice, it smooths on well, it's easy to wash off, and it brightens my skin. I even noticed some breakouts drying up. But, I've used this mask three times and each time after, I seem to break out. Usually this is the day or two after using the mask and I'm pretty sure it's related. It's weird because my skin usually is pretty tough. I would still recommended because you never know what might work or not work for you until you try it and it's Freeman! Plus, you can't really beat the cheap price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My friend gave me her bottle because she was trying out new masks and decided to give me it to try. Very nice of her!

I used it on my skin after I went jogging. I really like the smell - very fruity and berrylike. The color is like a pastel green and it applied on very smoothly and easily. It dries pretty fast (which is great for me considering I am impatient when it comes to things drying) and it felt refreshing on my skin because of how cool it felt. Others report that they experience stinging. I did not feel any at all, so perhaps my skin isn't as sensitive?

After the clay mask tightens you can easily wash it all off with warm water. My skin looks brighter and my pores feel cleaned out and refreshed. I really do prefer this clay mask over other masks because previous masks I have used before hurt when peeling off.

My only complaint is that the packaging sorta "cracks" when you buy it in a tube. I had to be careful not to let some leak out when squeezing the bottle but overall the packaging is fine, I just wish the tube didn't crack.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This isn't a horrible mask, it's just kinda "meh", you know? I don't really feel like it's doing anything, and I don't really see a difference in my skin when I use it, so. I'll stick to the strawberry & chocolate mask from Freeman.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my least favourite freeman mask I own. I don't reach for it very often, and I think it's mostly because of the smell. I'm just not a fan of it. Other than that, it's an average clay mask and there's really nothing wrong with it.. I just can't get over the smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this clay mask! I have tried a few different ones from Freeman and this one is my favorite so far. I purchased the travel size pouch (which yields at least three uses) and was very pleased with it. It is a no frills clay mask which smells like berries (acai?) and contains no dyes (it is just a plain off white colored clay). It minimizes pores, although the effect is temporary, and it does seem to help purify the skin. I had no irritation or breakouts with this mask. I would absolutely repurchase this in the larger size, but I can't find it anywhere that Freeman masks are sold. I will keep looking because I really enjoyed this.

Love this mask! I have oily/combo sensitive skin, and this mask is the only one that doesn't irritate my face or make me break out. I usually use it about once about a week, generally whenever I see the start of a breakout and/or my face is oilier than normal. I use a thin layer and leave it on for about 15 minutes. It does make my face rather tight, but what mask doesn't? It's pretty easy to wash off, and generally helps reduce oiliness and calms my acne down. And it makes my face look/feel so smooth and bright! The tube lasts for a while, too.
However, I wouldn't recommend putting it close to your eyes, as some people do, as the fumes from it tend to irritate my eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask is a "rich clay mask with acai extract to purify and sooth the skin. It contains Mega 8 Complex; a blend of goji, acai, pomegranate, mango, mangosteen, cranberry, noni, and blueberry; which are high in antioxidants to help neutralize skin damage, leaving skin soft and revived. Super oil-absorbent clays draw impurities from skin and clean out clogged pores." This mask is suited for all skin types, but I think those with dry skin should be wary, clay masks may dry their skin out even more. Freeman claims that their products are made with natural, botanical ingredients, and for the most part that is true, but they aren't 100% natural. I bought my 6fl oz (150ml) tube at Ulta for $3, I had a $1 off coupon. Don't want to commit to a full size tube? That's ok, Freeman offers .5fl oz travel size packets for $2. The value isn't great compared to buying a large tube, but you get 2-5 uses per packet, so you can really get a good idea if you want to buy the full size. Freeman is a cruelty free brand. This mask was made in America. This mask used to be called the Super Fruit Detoxifying Clay mask.
This mask's packaging is really appealing to me. A bluish purple squeeze tube with lots of yummy fruits and splashing water on the front. The name of the product can be found on the front of the tube, written in both English and French. The back of the tube is loaded with information, including a company and product description in both languages, and a full ingredient list. Freeman always includes very thorough information on their products, even the sample packets. My only dislike about this mask's tube is how messy the dispenser can get, but really that stems from my own laziness. I could wipe it off after use, but that's effortttt.
Freeman's Acai mask is light blue, with a thick, creamy, smooth consistency. This mask is easy to spread over the face evenly. I feel like I don't use very much of this mask; even after a handful of uses the tube still seems almost full. Freeman suggests using their acai mask twice a week, but I rotate between this one and their Chocolate&Strawberry mask, so I use it once a week, usually on Friday so I look ~super sexy~ for my weekend job. Freeman doesn't give a specific amount of time that this mask should be left of, just til it dries. How long that takes depends on how thickly you apply it, for me it takes between 15-20 minutes. As it dries this mask gets pretty tight on the skin, talking and smiling can be a little difficult, but I don't find the tightness uncomfortable otherwise. This mask is really easy to rinse off as well, which is great!
So what kind of results do I notice after I rinse Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask off? My skin immediately feels much softer and has a bouncy quality to it. My skin seems a little tighter, in a positive way, not a dry way. My face looks brighter. This mask really does something for me! It makes my skin look and feel really refreshed and I think it helps treat my acne bit. Plus the light, pleasant, creamy berry scent makes me happy.
There isn't too much that I dislike about Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask. It's packaging is cute and functional. The mask is a pretty color, has a great texture, and a light, fresh scent. I get noticeable results right away, and they last a couple days. I feel like this mask fulfills all of it's promises. This is my favorite of the four Freeman Face Masks I've tried. I definitely recommend this mask to anyone with slightly dry to oily skin, and everyone in between. I'll likely repurchase this mask, but I won't need to for quite a while.