Freeman Beauty Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask

3.1

Not tested on animals

WATER/AQUA/EAU, KAOLIN, BENTONITE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, PANTHENOL, MORINDA CITRIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, GARCINIA MANGOSTANA PEEL/FRUIT EXTRACT, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) FRUIT EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, EUTERPE OLERACEA FRUIT EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO ) OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE (VEEGUM ULTRA), DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), BLUE 1(CI 42090), AMYL CINNAMIC ALDEHYDE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL (LILIAL).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask is a "rich clay mask with acai extract to purify and sooth the skin. It contains Mega 8 Complex; a blend of goji, acai, pomegranate, mango, mangosteen, cranberry, noni, and blueberry; which are high in antioxidants to help neutralize skin damage, leaving skin soft and revived. Super oil-absorbent clays draw impurities from skin and clean out clogged pores." This mask is suited for all skin types, but I think those with dry skin should be wary, clay masks may dry their skin out even more. Freeman claims that their products are made with natural, botanical ingredients, and for the most part that is true, but they aren't 100% natural. I bought my 6fl oz (150ml) tube at Ulta for $3, I had a $1 off coupon. Don't want to commit to a full size tube? That's ok, Freeman offers .5fl oz travel size packets for $2. The value isn't great compared to buying a large tube, but you get 2-5 uses per packet, so you can really get a good idea if you want to buy the full size. Freeman is a cruelty free brand. This mask was made in America. This mask used to be called the Super Fruit Detoxifying Clay mask.
This mask's packaging is really appealing to me. A bluish purple squeeze tube with lots of yummy fruits and splashing water on the front. The name of the product can be found on the front of the tube, written in both English and French. The back of the tube is loaded with information, including a company and product description in both languages, and a full ingredient list. Freeman always includes very thorough information on their products, even the sample packets. My only dislike about this mask's tube is how messy the dispenser can get, but really that stems from my own laziness. I could wipe it off after use, but that's effortttt.
Freeman's Acai mask is light blue, with a thick, creamy, smooth consistency. This mask is easy to spread over the face evenly. I feel like I don't use very much of this mask; even after a handful of uses the tube still seems almost full. Freeman suggests using their acai mask twice a week, but I rotate between this one and their Chocolate&Strawberry mask, so I use it once a week, usually on Friday so I look ~super sexy~ for my weekend job. Freeman doesn't give a specific amount of time that this mask should be left of, just til it dries. How long that takes depends on how thickly you apply it, for me it takes between 15-20 minutes. As it dries this mask gets pretty tight on the skin, talking and smiling can be a little difficult, but I don't find the tightness uncomfortable otherwise. This mask is really easy to rinse off as well, which is great!
So what kind of results do I notice after I rinse Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask off? My skin immediately feels much softer and has a bouncy quality to it. My skin seems a little tighter, in a positive way, not a dry way. My face looks brighter. This mask really does something for me! It makes my skin look and feel really refreshed and I think it helps treat my acne bit. Plus the light, pleasant, creamy berry scent makes me happy.
There isn't too much that I dislike about Freeman's Facial Purifying Acai Clay Mask. It's packaging is cute and functional. The mask is a pretty color, has a great texture, and a light, fresh scent. I get noticeable results right away, and they last a couple days. I feel like this mask fulfills all of it's promises. This is my favorite of the four Freeman Face Masks I've tried. I definitely recommend this mask to anyone with slightly dry to oily skin, and everyone in between. I'll likely repurchase this mask, but I won't need to for quite a while.

Love this mask! I have oily/combo sensitive skin, and this mask is the only one that doesn't irritate my face or make me break out. I usually use it about once about a week, generally whenever I see the start of a breakout and/or my face is oilier than normal. I use a thin layer and leave it on for about 15 minutes. It does make my face rather tight, but what mask doesn't? It's pretty easy to wash off, and generally helps reduce oiliness and calms my acne down. And it makes my face look/feel so smooth and bright! The tube lasts for a while, too.
However, I wouldn't recommend putting it close to your eyes, as some people do, as the fumes from it tend to irritate my eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this clay mask! I have tried a few different ones from Freeman and this one is my favorite so far. I purchased the travel size pouch (which yields at least three uses) and was very pleased with it. It is a no frills clay mask which smells like berries (acai?) and contains no dyes (it is just a plain off white colored clay). It minimizes pores, although the effect is temporary, and it does seem to help purify the skin. I had no irritation or breakouts with this mask. I would absolutely repurchase this in the larger size, but I can't find it anywhere that Freeman masks are sold. I will keep looking because I really enjoyed this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I really like this face mask. It's really refreshing and does a great job at clarifying my skin. It is tightening but when you wash it off it feels awesome and refreshing. It looks like this could help getting my skin an even color.I would buy this again if I ever run out of it. Great product overall :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this mask! I actually have it on now! I'm on my second tube. I love the way it draws out all the dirt and oils I have deep in my skin. It tightens and helps shrink the pores around my nose which is my problem area. I've noticed that after the started using this mask, my breakouts have lessened and my skin is improving. It's a wonderful buy for only $4. I seriously want to own the entire freeman facial line of products! They're all so wonderful!

I recentley ran out of my old mask, and when I went to CVS it wasn't there! Instead I picked up this mask because I had seen some good reviews on it. The first two times I used this product it was fine. It didn't majorly affect my skin or anything, but there was a difference. I only used it one more time after that. About a minute after I put the mask on, my whole face started stinging and burning. It was almost unbearable, and my skin isn't particualry sensitive.

I mad a pros and cons list to help:

PROS:
~Smoothes Skin
~Doesn't Dry Out Skin

CONS:
~Stings and Burns on Skin

It would have gotten four lippies but because it hurt, i knocked off two. Ignoring the feeling, I liked it.

Bought this mask after the great reviews and I am not dissapointed. Love how it feels so fresh and cool on my face. I let it sit for a few min and when I rinse off my face feels so clean and baby soft wow! I use it twice a week and my face is refreshed everytime. I will say tho that when I put it on at first my eyes burn bad but after 30sec or so the feeling fades.

I like using clay masks from time to time and picked this one up to give it a try. It itched a bit while it was on, which isn't unusual for clay masks for me. But when I rinsed, omg, my skin started warming and itching/burning and turned BRIGHT red, like a bad sunburn. It felt like it was leaving some sort of residue that was continuing to irritate my skin so I had to soap up with my cleanser and then rinse a ton more. My skin is still bright red and warm and tingly.

I have no clue what caused the reaction but my skin is only mildly sensitive so this reaction was a shock. Will not rebuy.

This was probably the least favorite mask of Freeman's I've tried. The product smells great, like berries. But, this caused my face to be ridiculously dry afterward, even after slathering on moisturizer. It didn't really help my skin, so I decided to throw it out. I prefer the Chocolate and Strawberry one and the Avocado and oatmeal ones. Those are amazing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I could not help but compare this mask to the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask I have used since they are both basically the classic green clay you just let sit on your face 'til it dries. This one is very smooth and easy to apply on face since its more liquidy than the mint julep one; it also felt refreshing and smooth while it was drying, not stingy like the other one. Once it dries it feels tight and you can see all the oil that was sucked from the pores over the greem film. It's very easy to remove with plain water and it leaves skin feeling a little moisturized, which is rare with clay masks since they tend to be too drying on the face. I bought it for $4 and just tried it out and so far so good! I'll make an update if anything changes.