Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture #12 "Corail Fauve"

No Image

on 5/26/2016 7:37:00 PM

I have over 20 glossy stains (water pop and regular line) so I didn't think I needed another shade in my life. However, over and over again, the #12 colour shows up on my feed on Naver as everyone's favourite go-to glossy stain. In fact, people had finished entire bottles of this and gone on to repurchase this repeatedly.

I gave into the hype and randomly purchased this from Sephora, and on my pigmented lips initially, I did not think much of it. But it was a very wearable shade of pink-coral, a brightness on the face that is flattering and brings life into it even when I wear no other makeup. It also looks great in photos.

I think this will be one I have to keep in my rotation at all times.

I have no complaints about the formula in general - I am a big fan of this formula. It is long lasting, the gloss remains, the colour remains through food and drinks. It is transferable, as it is a 'glossy tint', so I do like to remove it for eating with more ease. But if you were eating something that wasn't as messy as a burger (for example), I would keep it on. Lasts through a work day, but I like reapplying.

I am a huge lip stain and lipstick fanatic and have experimented with a number of brands and products. While I expected the YSL lip stain, gloss and stick all-in-one to be one of my all time favourites, I was a little disappointed by the performance of the product at the end of the day. I felt that this product had more style than substance, and didn't live up to its stellar reputation.

Pros:
- Gorgeous, highly pigmented colours
- Feels like a gloss going on without any stickiness or heaviness
- Excellent packaging- the beautiful gold & black container and box makes you feel like you're carrying something much more substantial than a lipgloss. Has a little view window to see how much product is left.

Cons:
- Has a very distinct, unpleasant scent when applied (reminscent of alcohol).
- Once the glossiness dissipates (> 1 hr), you're left with chappy lips and some weird tight sensations that are also seen in cheaper stains.
- Does not last as long as advertised. Stain fades after 4 hours or so.
- Very expensive. Approximately $36 CAN before tax.

Overall it's a mediocre lipgloss that can easily be rivalled by some cheaper high-quality brands. I will say though- it does make for a lovely fashion accessory.

on 6/4/2013 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

on my pigmented lips one swipe of this gives me a more rosy lip. i was hoping for more of a "brighter coral, peachy/pink" than rose. its a wonderful formula, goes on smooth and stays PUT through eating and drinking. i did lose some from the inner lip but its not a big deal. most of it was intact. its slightly tacky but not in a too gooey way. fantastic for girls who's lips are more pale, you can really bring out the coral color. i have too many rose lippies so i wont be repurchasing. until then, i will just blank out my lips with foundation to get the color i want out of this. would make a great, everyday office color for me (i am NC42, tan yellow toned southeast asian skin) but at this price point, i want something with more of a POP for a night out.

This is the second of these glossy stains I've purchased (the other being the lovely petal shade "Pink Vinyl"). "Corail Fauve" is a juicy, cherry popsicle shade when lightly applied and a deeper, though still very bright, coralish-cherry with a heavy layer. Wonderful pop of color on my golden light skin. YSL has come up with an amazing formula--long-wearing, creamy, glossy, and nicely pigmented. I'm usually a "strictly sticky" gloss girl, but these wonderful new lippies have me hooked.

Popular Lip Glosses