MILANI Total Lash Cover

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.0

Not tested on animals

Love this mascara! It separates your lashes and makes them long, leaves them softer then some other mascaras. The brush is a tad pointy you just have to be careful when putting it on so as not to poke your eyes!

on 3/2/2014 1:03:00 PM

I have to say that I seem to be one of the few people who really, really like this mascara. I have a bizarre fetish for trying new mascaras, so when I ran out of my Cover Girl Lash Blast Volumizing mascara, I wanted to try something new. My local CVS had all of their Milani BOGO 50% off. Since I needed a new tube of the eyeshadow primer, I picked a product from the brand I'd never tried before. They were sold out of all the other Milani mascaras, and they only had one left of the Total Lash Cover, so I snagged it.

The first thing you will probably notice about this mascara is that the wand brush looks a bit like some sort of poisonous sea creature. Or, maybe a bear trap. Either way, it has pretty colors and an interesting, albeit terrifying, brush. The brush is claimed to be designed in such a way as to give coverage to the lashes in the inner and out corners of the lash line and the spikes are supposed to separate the lashes.

Now, let me get out of the way my two downsides to this product, and they're relatively nit picky. The first is that it doesn't quite give me the some BA-BOOM! lashes that my Almay Intense i-Color Volumizer does, but that's okay. Sometimes I don't want lashes so huge they're tickling my eyebrows. The other downside is that the brush can be a bit unwiedly. I can see where if you were in a rush, you would struggle with application. I really have to be thoughtful in how I've angled that wand so that the brush isn't stabbing me in the eye or the end of the wand isn't smudging excess product in the corners of my eyes.

Okay, so on to the good points. The first thing is the formula is amazing. It is the only mascara I've ever used that doesn't make my eyes itch, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge onto my lower lash line or eyelid, doesn't make my lashes stick together like glue when I blink, and gives me all of the long wear of a waterproof, but is super easy to remove. It does give me decent volume. Enough volume for every day makeup. The second coat goes on nice and smooth and doesn't leave globs on my lashes, nor do my lashes feel/sound crispy when I apply the second coat. I do have freakishly long and thick lashes, so if your lashes tend to be a little on the short and/or thin end of the spectrum, this mascara may not be for you.

Bottom line, even if I wouldn't go to this product if I needed giant sexy lashes, I would use this every day and would purchase agai.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I am always trying new mascaras, so I was excited to see this at Walmart the other day. I was intrigued by the 3-sided brush, having green and white bristles like a traditional mascara, with alternating plastic bristles. I tend to like most Milani products but this mascara was a HUGE dissapointment. The main problem with it is that the plastic bristles are VERY sharp, they hurt! I couldn't apply this without feeling I was on the verge of poking my eye out. I have a Sonia Kashuk metal eyelash comb, and that's comparable to how sharp the bristles are. Also, when you pull the wand out of the tube, tons of mascara is on the end of the wand, resulting in a lot of waste. If they had made the plastic bristles softer, this might work. I would give this 0 lippies I could. Waste of $3.99!