MILANI Total Lash Cover

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really got lucky with this one. I needed a new mascara, and without doing any research, walked into my local Walmart one day with the intent of seeing what mascara seemed high-enough quality at a low price, and for only dishing out $4 USD, it's pretty good. (I've recently found out that this is a Walmart exclusive?) It supposedly has a 3-zone brush meant for curling, volumizing, and lengthening, and I personally think it does what it says it does. My lashes are honestly amplified and defined, and I daresay plumped up. I really like using it, and the formula doesn't smudge except on the first application, but then again I'm Asian and the brush of any mascara will inevitable touch my lid. It even manages to stay somewhat curled for a few hours, when my lashes are literally stick straight and nothing so far has been able to keep them curled for longer than an hour or so. It's an HG product for me right now.

As for cons, I'd say the packaging does look a little cheap upon close inspection, ie. the pink metallic cap looks very plastic-y and flimsy, but for $4 I'm not complaining when the formula is this good.

9/10 would recommend!

on 11/22/2015 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought this mascara would do wonders for me because I like volume and curl, but when I flipped the brush to the spikey side, it kept poking my eye and I would tear up (washing away all my mascara :( ). It didn't give great volume or thickness, but definitely provided curl and separation. I would say unless you like getting your eyes poked out by sharp spikes everyday, don't buy this mascara.

on 3/2/2015 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is not good. It doesn't apply evenly, and flakes off through the day. I already have very long lashes, so mainly I use mascara to darken them, that being said, I definitely don't want something to make them look like a crusty, clumpy disaster! Will not repurchase. Milani products are usually phenomenal but I don't like this mascara.

on 3/2/2014 1:03:00 PM

I have to say that I seem to be one of the few people who really, really like this mascara. I have a bizarre fetish for trying new mascaras, so when I ran out of my Cover Girl Lash Blast Volumizing mascara, I wanted to try something new. My local CVS had all of their Milani BOGO 50% off. Since I needed a new tube of the eyeshadow primer, I picked a product from the brand I'd never tried before. They were sold out of all the other Milani mascaras, and they only had one left of the Total Lash Cover, so I snagged it.

The first thing you will probably notice about this mascara is that the wand brush looks a bit like some sort of poisonous sea creature. Or, maybe a bear trap. Either way, it has pretty colors and an interesting, albeit terrifying, brush. The brush is claimed to be designed in such a way as to give coverage to the lashes in the inner and out corners of the lash line and the spikes are supposed to separate the lashes.

Now, let me get out of the way my two downsides to this product, and they're relatively nit picky. The first is that it doesn't quite give me the some BA-BOOM! lashes that my Almay Intense i-Color Volumizer does, but that's okay. Sometimes I don't want lashes so huge they're tickling my eyebrows. The other downside is that the brush can be a bit unwiedly. I can see where if you were in a rush, you would struggle with application. I really have to be thoughtful in how I've angled that wand so that the brush isn't stabbing me in the eye or the end of the wand isn't smudging excess product in the corners of my eyes.

Okay, so on to the good points. The first thing is the formula is amazing. It is the only mascara I've ever used that doesn't make my eyes itch, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge onto my lower lash line or eyelid, doesn't make my lashes stick together like glue when I blink, and gives me all of the long wear of a waterproof, but is super easy to remove. It does give me decent volume. Enough volume for every day makeup. The second coat goes on nice and smooth and doesn't leave globs on my lashes, nor do my lashes feel/sound crispy when I apply the second coat. I do have freakishly long and thick lashes, so if your lashes tend to be a little on the short and/or thin end of the spectrum, this mascara may not be for you.

Bottom line, even if I wouldn't go to this product if I needed giant sexy lashes, I would use this every day and would purchase agai.