Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Intense Velvet Color

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Intense Velvet Color

4.3

on 3/19/2016 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

COLOR - 502 508 501 200 202 414 406 Armani's noted for my skin coloring, reflected by many colors out of just twenty-odd that I could wear any day. Rich and deep.

TEXTURE - Feels good going on, stays put. Does require remover or oil to take off.

PACKAGING - Tubes are pretty, tops are made from a low-end red plastic. Fits well into an evening bag.

The 401 and 206 colors compare to Chanel Rouge Noir - Vamp, Burberry Oxblood. I await side-by-side tests.

on 1/5/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had swatched #500 Blush in store and fell in love with the color and texture, but being a huge germaphobe I didn't actually try it on my lips until I got home. And seriously, it was an instant, head over heels moment. This feel unlike any lip product I've ever worn before, and I absolutely love it. I've never liked liquid lipsticks before (they feel so drying, they settle weirdly, or they darken and change color over time) but this is amazing. This has become something that I grab when I'm feeling less than great... you know those days when you wake up and you're inexplicably puffy faced, you have undereye circles that won't quit, dry patches, etc. etc. and just feel like no amount of makeup is going to make you feel human? Well, this is my "I'm going to wear this and just not give a crap about the rest of that stuff" makeup product that I reach for when I just want to feel good about myself and not stress about everything else.

This isn't my usual pale pink/nude lip color, but it's so beautiful and brightening in a natural way. I'm N10, hazel eyes, blond hair, and this is a rich, warm toned, medium peach rose on my skin. It's a very classic color that probably looks lovely on anyone. It's opaque in one swipe and just so incredibly rich and opulent looking. The finish is velvet, not entirely matte where it makes my lips look dry or lifeless. I adore that opaque, satin/matte lipstick look but usually don't buy actual lipsticks with that formula because I dislike that thick, heavy, dry look that needs a perfect application to look right, so this is perfect for me.

The texture is what really wins me over though. It's creamy, semi-thick but not heavy, and feels like the most plush, cushiony, velvety (again, I have to use velvet to describe this because it really is so velvety in every way!), and luxurious. Plus it's moisturizing. It stays intact on my lips for hours, and while I don't have to redo it, I usually reapply at the four hour mark simply because I like that fresh look after a certain point. But I have worn it for up to six hours with no weird dried out effect or strange feathered appearance.

I like the doe foot applicator and that there's no weird scent. Basically I'm pretty crazy about this, and it's made me lust after just about every color in the line, including some of the reds, which is weird since I only own two red lip colors and am very shy when it comes to deep or bright lip colors. I can't rave about this enough.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/14/2015 1:27:00 AM

I love this lip lacquer!!!!! The colour is so intense! The velvet finish is soooooo beautiful!!! Lasting power is awesome!!! Doesn't dry out my lips!!! They are pricey but well worth it!!!! Highly recommend #406 orient. It's beautiful.

Best lipstick ever, I can't live without it! Perfect satiny finish, not too shiny and not matte.

on 1/30/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a liquid lipstick, not a gloss, and it's the best lipstick formula I've ever worn. Unlike most liquid lipstick, it doesn't dry down completely. While this means that it won't be transfer proof, it also means that it's not a flat matte, but a lovely satin finish. The formula is hydrating while worn, very comfortable and forgiving to parched, chapped winter lips. The doe foot applicator is easy to use, allowing for a sharply defined contour. I habitually wear a clear lip liner, and experience no feathering. I own two of these pricey, but

I purchased the Lip Maestro in the colour 201 which a dark red. First I want to say I'm not the kind of person who spends £26 on a lip product all the time unless I truly believe it's worth it. The lady at my local Giorgio Armani counter put this product on my lip along with a lip liner (don't know the product name or colour) and I was truly swept away. It is a gorgeous matte formula which moisturises your lips. After using the product you don't feel like your lips need intense moisturising therapy. The packaging is a glossy tube with a red top and the Giorgio Armani beautifully embossed onto it. The colour would last if you drink, but if you eat it won't last very long. It has definitely got long wear. Lastly, if your a matte lip lover you have to give this product a try it's absolutely stunning. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

on 12/4/2014 7:04:00 PM

I purchased color 400, a blue toned red.
Quality wise, extremely pigmented and you only need a little bit. I find that this will last really well on your lips as long as they are not dry. It does have a velvety feel that I find quite original but it can dry my lips out pretty quickly. It isnt a matte finish, but i would say that it is not satin either, an interesting in between texture.
I would have liked it to kind of set and not transfer, but this lipstick transfers really easily :( It does get pretty messy and goes outside the lines which makes it really high maintenance...

originally i planned to use it as a stain, yes it does stain but a lot does transfer off and if i wanted to only apply it like a gradient (only on the inside of my lips and less on the tips of my lip) it wouldnt work as it would just all smear together.
over all great quality, but a hassle to make sure it does not bleed, budge and always transfers...
402 is also beautiful, an orange based red

on 9/2/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this while wandering through Sephora one day and I am so glad that I got it! I bought this in 201 which is like a sexy dark red/wine color. Literally every time I wear this, I feel like a sultry vixen because it makes you look that SEXY. It's super pretty and lasts a fairly long time, but it does have a tendency to smudge. It also leaves a light stain on the lips after wiping it off and i guess that can get a lil bit annoying. But nonetheless, the finish is wonderful and velvety and it is totally worth every freaking penny!!

on 8/30/2014 1:25:00 AM

Love love love! Got two shades and I'm still waiting for for the third! Now with me is 502 😍 in deep pink and for my day to day application is 202 (nude) currently waiting to get my 503 😍💞

on 6/1/2014 9:59:00 PM

This has got to be one of my favorite lip products I have ever used!! The texture and pigmentation are amazing. The staying power is incredible, I can drink and eat all day and it stays put. Unlike every other matte lip product I have tried, Lip Maestro stays nice and velvety on my lips. A little goes a LONG way and you want to apply a very thin layer to avoid feathering. For best results, make sure to exfoliate your lips before application. It's on the pricier end of the spectrum of lip products at $33 a pop, but it is more than worth it if you want a product that lasts. This product's performance makes it worth every penny! I just wish there were even more shades to choose from!

Popular Lips Products