Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Intense Velvet Color - all shades

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Intense Velvet Color - all shades
Lip Maestro Intense Velvet Color - all shadesLip Maestro Intense Velvet Color - all shadesLip Maestro Intense Velvet Color - all shadesLip Maestro Intense Velvet Color - all shadesLip Maestro Intense Velvet Color - all shades

4.2

on 5/5/2017 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Received a sample of shade 400 a vivid blue based red that is just too much colour for me (who usually sticks to neutral gloss) perfect for Snow White's red lip. The product itself is a gorgeous satin finish (not quite matte imo) and is very colour saturated, smooth and comfortable to wear. Love the doe foot applicator. Hate the price on this at $43cad I do not think I would purchase this despite the fact that I like it. But I put as a would repurchase because if I won the lottery I'd probably buy a few shades.

I don't know, it's like I purchased a totally different item from all the other reviews, because my Lip Maestro in shade 513 has none of the great qualities all the other reviewers seem to enjoy!
I spent an arm and a leg on it, and I can't be more disappointed.
The color is nice, but that's all. The mousse-like texture is too oily and applies unevenly, and the wand leaves streaks behind. It lasts about 15 minutes before I need to reapply, because by then most of the color has faded and there is some whitish accumulation on the inner part of my lips.

I also feel a little burn when I apply, but thankfully that fades quickly, being replaced with some sort of numbness.

Stain?? What stain?? If I don't reapply, I would look like I didn't apply any lip product within a couple of hours.

I had such high expectations for this product, and waited so long to buy because it is a splurge, but I am left disappointed and with an almost $60 hole in my pocket. I can't even return this now.
There are so many other lip products that perform so much better, I wouldn't recommend investing in this. The most comparable product in texture and color for me is Maybelline's, the only difference being that Maybelline's lasts much longer and is tons better than this one.

on 3/19/2016 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

COLOR - 502 508 501 200 202 414 406 Armani's noted for my skin coloring, reflected by many colors out of just twenty-odd that I could wear any day. Rich and deep.

TEXTURE - Feels good going on, stays put. Does require remover or oil to take off.

PACKAGING - Tubes are pretty, tops are made from a low-end red plastic. Fits well into an evening bag.

The 401 and 206 colors compare to Chanel Rouge Noir - Vamp, Burberry Oxblood. I await side-by-side tests.

on 1/19/2016 10:25:00 PM

l have in shade 400. it is deep blue red, very vibrant color with lots of pigmentation. It is matte lip color that is drying and will transfer to other surfaces, especially eating greasy foods. the color wasn't for me, if l am not impressed by formulation and color then l won't spend 34 dollars on it. l suggest you try sample from sephora first. If you like MAC Russian Red lipstick, you may like this color, classic pin-up look. the pic above is me wearing shade 400, for reference of color if you were wondering what shade looked like.

on 1/5/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had swatched #500 Blush in store and fell in love with the color and texture, but being a huge germaphobe I didn't actually try it on my lips until I got home. And seriously, it was an instant, head over heels moment. This feel unlike any lip product I've ever worn before, and I absolutely love it. I've never liked liquid lipsticks before (they feel so drying, they settle weirdly, or they darken and change color over time) but this is amazing. This has become something that I grab when I'm feeling less than great... you know those days when you wake up and you're inexplicably puffy faced, you have undereye circles that won't quit, dry patches, etc. etc. and just feel like no amount of makeup is going to make you feel human? Well, this is my "I'm going to wear this and just not give a crap about the rest of that stuff" makeup product that I reach for when I just want to feel good about myself and not stress about everything else.

This isn't my usual pale pink/nude lip color, but it's so beautiful and brightening in a natural way. I'm N10, hazel eyes, blond hair, and this is a rich, warm toned, medium peach rose on my skin. It's a very classic color that probably looks lovely on anyone. It's opaque in one swipe and just so incredibly rich and opulent looking. The finish is velvet, not entirely matte where it makes my lips look dry or lifeless. I adore that opaque, satin/matte lipstick look but usually don't buy actual lipsticks with that formula because I dislike that thick, heavy, dry look that needs a perfect application to look right, so this is perfect for me.

The texture is what really wins me over though. It's creamy, semi-thick but not heavy, and feels like the most plush, cushiony, velvety (again, I have to use velvet to describe this because it really is so velvety in every way!), and luxurious. Plus it's moisturizing. It stays intact on my lips for hours, and while I don't have to redo it, I usually reapply at the four hour mark simply because I like that fresh look after a certain point. But I have worn it for up to six hours with no weird dried out effect or strange feathered appearance.

I like the doe foot applicator and that there's no weird scent. Basically I'm pretty crazy about this, and it's made me lust after just about every color in the line, including some of the reds, which is weird since I only own two red lip colors and am very shy when it comes to deep or bright lip colors. I can't rave about this enough.

on 12/14/2015 1:27:00 AM

I love this lip lacquer!!!!! The colour is so intense! The velvet finish is soooooo beautiful!!! Lasting power is awesome!!! Doesn't dry out my lips!!! They are pricey but well worth it!!!! Highly recommend #406 orient. It's beautiful.

on 2/9/2015 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this in the shade 402, which is a matte orange-red. The color is beautiful, bright and intense. You will get noticed. You apply it with the little sponge brush it comes with. It has great staying power. Obviously, it will fade after a few hours or a meal, but it will just become a lighter shade, a bit more orange and more matte, but will still look gorgeous.

Best lipstick ever, I can't live without it! Perfect satiny finish, not too shiny and not matte.

on 1/30/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a liquid lipstick, not a gloss, and it's the best lipstick formula I've ever worn. Unlike most liquid lipstick, it doesn't dry down completely. While this means that it won't be transfer proof, it also means that it's not a flat matte, but a lovely satin finish. The formula is hydrating while worn, very comfortable and forgiving to parched, chapped winter lips. The doe foot applicator is easy to use, allowing for a sharply defined contour. I habitually wear a clear lip liner, and experience no feathering. I own two of these pricey, but

I purchased the Lip Maestro in the colour 201 which a dark red. First I want to say I'm not the kind of person who spends £26 on a lip product all the time unless I truly believe it's worth it. The lady at my local Giorgio Armani counter put this product on my lip along with a lip liner (don't know the product name or colour) and I was truly swept away. It is a gorgeous matte formula which moisturises your lips. After using the product you don't feel like your lips need intense moisturising therapy. The packaging is a glossy tube with a red top and the Giorgio Armani beautifully embossed onto it. The colour would last if you drink, but if you eat it won't last very long. It has definitely got long wear. Lastly, if your a matte lip lover you have to give this product a try it's absolutely stunning. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

Popular Lips Products