La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche

3.5

I have a very dry skin, so this cream here was a true saviour. I absolutely love how lightweight and yet soothing it feels on my skin. Never sticky, overly thick or uncomfortable.

This moisturiser is particularly good if you have a normal to dry or dry skin. Other skin types might find this product a bit too dewy and rich.

I love wearing it day and night; I find that make-up looks and lasts really well whenever I use it, so I can't think of a single negative thing! Two pumps of this are more than enough to cover your entire face and a single tube should last at least couple of months.

If you want a detailed review of this product, feel free to check the link below. Hope it helps!

on 2/10/2016 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This moisturizer was my HG, but it's not anymore. I don't know if the product itself changed (highly doubt it), or my skin doesn't like it anymore. I have dry, sensitive skin and while it does a great job at moisturizing my skin, I feel it is clogging my pores a bit and I got some bumps on my chin and cheeks (not pimples, but clogged pores with white stuff in them. Yuck!). What I hate the most about this product is its waxy feel on my face. It's as if I am wearing a mask, it sits on top of my skin, feeling... well, waxy. What I love the most about this product is the packaging. I love the pump and the fact that no air gets inside the product. When the cream is almost over and the pump doesn't pump out any product, I just cut the tube and still have a few day's use. I repurchased this once, but I won't repurchase again. I am currently trying out Bioderma Sensibio AR moisturizer, which got 5 stars on Beautypedia.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this moisturizer at Shoppers Drug Mart on a recommendation from the beauty specialist there. My regular go-to, the LRP Hydreane Riche, was out of stock. Although it carried a more hefty price tag than the Hydreane Riche, I decided to try it out.

The one big difference between the Hydreane Riche and this moisturizer is the packaging. The pump on this moisturizer is much nicer, and one pump dispenses the perfect amount of product for my entire face. However, the formulation of this product is mediocre for the $42 CAD you pay for it. It claims to provide 24-hour rehydrating care for dry skin as well as pro-radiance. The moisture for me lasts about 8 hours, so I have to reapply at night. The "radiance" just gives me an oily sheen that I have to dab off with a tissue - and I have dry skin to begin with! This moisturizer is paraben-free as well and has a mild soothing effect on my sensitive skin.

For the price, this moisturizer is not worth it. It has great packaging and some good moisture benefits, but it is not long-lasting, does not work as a good base for makeup like the Hydreane Riche, and leaves skin with an oily finish. I would only recommend this product to someone with extreme dryness for daytime.

on 7/5/2015 4:34:00 PM

I bought this only because when I went to the drugstore to buy my regular La Roche Posay Effaclar H compensating smoothing moisturiser, the lady told me they discontinued it (heartbreaking because it was my HG moisturiser ). She recommended this one as an alternative. Its reaaallly thick, so I tried to use it as just a night cream but the smell was pretty strong and it seemed to irritate the skin on my forehead and chin. Maybe I'll break it out again in the winter when my skin gets very dry and see how it performs then, but for now its just going to sit with the countless other skin care products that I've bought that didn't work for me

on 4/22/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am currently on acretin 0.05% cream and its been making my sensitive combination skin extremely dry, flaky and dehydrated. I've tried and tested many moisturizers over the past month but non of them have been moisturizing enough. They all end up looking and feeling way to greasy, all except this one! I am seriously in love.

Skipped out on acretin one night because my skin was feeling way to sensitive and flaky, and slathered this cream all over my face, woke up with beautifully hydrated normal looking skin.
Plus it doesn't break me out or irritate me at all and works great under makeup.
Will definitely be repurchasing.

I can't tell how this is working because it smells like soap and I am always convinced I am just rubbing soap into my skin. I mean my skin tolerates it, no reaction or break out, it seems to hydrate--but the psychological effect of the soap smell is too much. I didn't notice it in the shop but I will definitely be more careful with LRP products in the future.

on 8/18/2014 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche on and off for many years. I have tried many other face creams but always seem to come back to this one. It moisturizes so well without being greasy. It is also really great under my foundation. I am open to changing my face cream if I could find something just as good but cheaper, but I have yet to find that so far. I highly recommend this cream.

It's a nice product, yet way too thick for my combination skin. I guess it would be a good find for dry or very dry skinned person as the cream seems to moisturize really well. The cream has a decent amount of perfume which does not avert me. The packaging is great as it is very hygienic being a pump.

on 11/8/2013 5:34:00 PM

this product is nothing special ! I have no problem spending money on products that work but after trying this a few times I am not impressed and sad that I spent the cash on this. there are much better products out there and the smell of this alone is definitely a negative ! the texture is decent but the scent is irritating and not something I want to put on my super sensitive skin.

on 9/8/2013 11:50:00 AM

It's a lovely moisturizer when your skin needs that extra. It sinks in well, has a subtle and pleasant smell (like most la roche posay products).
After 1 1/2 pumps my skin is soft and well hydrated. But and this is a big but, flaky skin stays and it is also not helping with outbreaks.
I will not rebuy.

As the poster before me wrote, the packaging needs some work.