E.L.F. Kohl Eyeliner

2.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this pencil in a holiday package of black kohl pencil/black liquid/navy liquid & it works well in conjunction w the black liquid. I line my top wing w the liquid then tight line waterline w the pencil & I am shocked how well it stays on for non WP liners. The liner is soft & smudgy perf for those Rockstar brooding nihilistic looks. Would make a perf guyliner too. Cap contains a sharpener, nice!! #winning

on 4/7/2015 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This liner smudges well, but I can't get it to stay on my lash lines. It smears around my eyes, even when I wear primer & set it with black powder. I have oily eyelids & watery eyes though, so it might just be me.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/10/2015 9:35:00 PM

A portion of my morning is putting my face on. But being a broke college student, I cannot afford $30 Chanel eyeliners. So when E.L.F (Eyes, Lips, Face), came out with a one dollar eyeliner it was like an angel to me…if the angel broke its wings and plummeted down to earth. The tip of the pencil is huge and scratchy. Like rubbing a block of cement on your eyes. When you finally scrubbed enough on, it ends up under your eyes after half a day. If you want to look like a bruised panda, this liner is for you.

on 8/27/2014 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I don't wear eyeliner, but I love the brown/coffee-ish color in this particular eyeliner. I use it to accentuate my freckles that fade over winter. I simply shade small dots on my face and tap lightly to blend. I always get comments of how cute my freckles look! I know this look isn't for everyone, but it's a fun thing to try! And the staying power is only ok.

on 8/8/2014 8:30:00 PM

I bought this product in a gold color. Total waste of money. The color is so pretty, but the eyeliner just didn't work for me. I wanted a nice color to put in my waterline, but that was impossible with this product. I tried everything, and at the end I had to give up, because my eyes was sore. The eyeliner is so hard - not creamy at all. I have to say that this product made me take a break from E.L.F for a while.

on 2/10/2014 1:52:00 PM

Formula: Unlike some of the other reviewers, I actually didn't have a huge problem with the product being too hard. (On the other hand, I can't say I am surprised; the quality of ELF products tends to be inconsistent.) Mine went on smoothly and not painfully. The application was actually quite nice.

However like the other reviewers were saying, it did not have much staying power. Even with some primer, it transferred from my lash line to just above my eyes. It was such a complete transfer, that it looked like someone just tried to circle my eyes. Not what I want out of an eyeliner.

Packaging: I think the packaging for this has a mix of weak and strong points. Overall I think the packaging looks sleek, like most of their other Studio products. I like that the cap is a pencil sharpener, but I have some trouble keeping it from falling off. I like that there is a smudger, but I think it is too big.

Overall I think this product has potential, and with a few tweaks to the formula and packaging, I might have been willing to make this an everyday go-to.

on 12/12/2013 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been loving E.L.F. tools lately so I decided to see if my love transferred to a product... but I really wish I hadn't started with this liner. I dislike the consistency, the way it applies, the difficulty in smudging, and the cap with the sharpener won't even stay on. There's really no redeeming quality in this. It WAS super cheap, so I guess if you're strapped & in desperate need of black liner... no. Just get wet n wild, you'll be better off.

on 11/18/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

K this eyeliner sucks. Like there are literally no good points to it in the slightest. In fact, I'm almost convinced that this thing got mixed up with a shipment of pencils or something. Like it's so incredibly hard, I think I would have an easier time getting a legit pencil to rub off on me. It hurts swatching it on the back of my hand, let alone on my eyeballs. I wouldn't know how the staying power is because I've never actually been able to get any on my eyes. The smudger on the other end is large and awkward and smells like an eraser, actually, which supports my pencil theory even more, huh!?

on 7/2/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My eyes get really watery because of allergies. This was a mistake. I tried to line the bottom lash line and water line, but I had to keep going over it multiple times to try to get some color (with black), and when I finally did, it didn't last very long.

on 2/1/2013 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was happy when i purchase this product. I love the pencil looks very sleek and i kinda like the size. I like the texture of the pencil and the intensity of the black.
but i was disappointed with this product. I thought it might work on the waterline since its a kohl liner. I wore it out and it smudges like crazy after 2 hours! Good thing it's cheap so i cant really go wrong.