Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner

4.5

on 5/26/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have this in shade #1, Beige Shine, for application under the eyes. At the drugstore, I was instantly impressed with the creamy application and colour payoff when I swatched it on my hand. But the price gave me pause. Eventually, I went home with it and didn't regret it.

I apply this gel liner under my eyes and at the inner corners. The liner lasts, way better than my Canmake liner and there is even a pencil sharpener at the opposite end. I'm now contemplating buying a darker shade for lining the eyes even though I generally prefer liquid eyeliners.

on 12/6/2015 10:04:00 PM

This could be my HG pencil eyeliner!

I am going to do the review for the navy chic one first. Product wise - this goes on really smoothly that even i was amazed. When i used without my etude eye primer, it managed to sit to on my oily lids for about 4 hours without budging - no smudge, no flaking. It was also easily removed with a gentle swipe with my maybelline eye lip remover. The drawback was that it probably won't do for tight lining. The gel pencil tip is just not fine enough so you got to work with a thicker line. with my etude eye primer though, it seems to be more smudgy. not sure if it was because i did not wait for it to dry completely with the primer before adding on my eye shadow? Hence, i have to minus away one lipstick for this. With the primer, it doesn't sit as well, it is now mixing with my etude house eye shadow to give a smudgey smokey effect. hmm.

colour wise - i don't think i am suitable for blue. it is a nice bright navy blue with fine glitters. the glitters don't disturb my eyes thankfully. however, it does look a bit 80s on me. I had bought it because it was the most raved about colour but i guess for office wear, you probably shouldn't do the blue unless you can carry it off.

update for blue - i am not sure if it is just this particular pencil but i just can't get it sharpen right. it will break off so easily that i think i wasted almost 1/4 to half of the product!

colour wise - this is the review for golden khaki. gorgeous colour but my MAC desire and devices still wins hands down for the colour. i was half hoping golden khaki would be suitable replacement but the golden khaki is rather flat and not as metallic. it also appears darker and not as bronzy/golden as i had hoped. I havent' yet sharpen the pencil but the formula seems hardier and less creamy (but still very soft and glidable) as compared to the blue. still feeling hopeful!

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

unfortunately, this smudges on me. got the brown one but it smudges until it becomes like an eye shadow at the end of the day.

it also breaks very easily. becareful not to drop it on the flooe.

on 2/23/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Really love these!! I bought mine on amazon as they are hard to find in the US. Waterproof and eeeeasy to apply. Great colors. Cost like 10 bucks. Loooooove them! I love eye liners so I have tried very other one out there.

Tested these against NYX, MUFE and Pixi and they are by far the most waterproof.

I purchased this eyeliner in two colors: #13. Bloody Sweet , #14. Bloody Angel
They are very long lasting, smudge-proof, and the colors are perfect.
I'll definitely buy more colors soon.

HG pencil eyeliners! I have in gold shine#12 and pastel #5. Soft, pigmented, gorgeous!! Also the price is ridiculously affordable! Can't wait to buy more!!!

This is my Holy Grail Pencil Eyeliner at the moment.

Top 6 Reasons for Loving it
5. Wipes off easily with cleanser
6. Value-for Money

Check out full review, video and photos at http://bit.ly/1oHBj5H

on 7/22/2014 11:57:00 AM

This eyeliner is perfect. Excellent colour payoff and it really lasts all day, even on my very watery eyes. I've tried so many pencil and gel eyeliners including MAC Fluidline, UD 24/7 and numerous drugstore ones, but all of them end up smudging. Except this one!! I have it in dark choco and beige shine. I use beige shine on my waterline (where eyeliner usually disappears on me after 5 minutes) and even then it lasts all day! I am definitely stocking up next time I go to Asia.

on 7/17/2014 4:46:00 PM

Eyeliner is such an important part of makeup, and until now, I have rarely come across a stick eyeliner that is as nice as the Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Liner. After readying review after review on all the stick eye liners out there and demo'ing it out on myself at Sephora, department stores and specialty shops, I think I've found my one true love. It's super easy to use, smooth application (like a gel) and easy to apply (like a pencil). It's an auto twist type dispense and has a cute little sharpener on the back of the pencil which sharpens the tip of the liner. Comes in so many colors besides the signature black. Does not smudge after you apply and it sets. I've been complimented on my eyes as of late after I purchased the black,, beige, and the pastel green (pastel, yes it is quite nice). Recently they came out with a stick shadow pencil eyeshadow, and I cant wait to try that out. The unfortunate part of Clio is that I wasn't able to test it out until I found a flagship store in Queens. Looks like they will be coming to the US (yes!) and opening up flagships. Wish they had it at Sephora!