e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio 3-in-1 Mascara (Lengthen, Define & Volumize)

3.4

Water (Aqua), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Ozokerite, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Nylon-12, Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triacontanyl PVP, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Styrene/Acrylates.Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Triethanolamine, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The good (excellent!)
- FINALLY, soft tapered brush bristles that don't jab your eyelid, avoiding that whole eye snaps shut mess! Thanks for the evolution, ELF!!!
- Bristles are shorter so you get more mascara on your lashes from the base/stick, where it collects.
- Dries so thoroughly that there is absolutely no smearing later in the day, nor fibers to get into your eyes, nor chemicals to antagonize sensitive eyes. Plain water doesn't seem to affect it at all.
The bad
- if you mess up and get your eyelid, this isn't an easy cleanup.
- It can be a bit of a job to get it off at the end of the day, as it doesn't disintegrate, it slides off in "tubes" that were covering your lashes. I have no issue with that, so long as they don't end up in my eyes. All of it is off by the next morning, second wash. Still, this is easier to get off than Waterproofs.
The nature of this type of mascara, critical you curl your lashes *** before *** using it, as it sticks to a curler quite badly when freshly applied and will trash the application and pull on your lashes.
For someone who's eyes have been reacting badly to mascara chemicals over the years, detests smear, has trouble with fibers getting under contacts, this is a good choice.

This mascara didn't work for me. One pro is the price ($3 USD!), which made me feel less guilty about tossing it.

- It went on unevenly and clumpy unless I put it on very slowly and with a very light touch
- It stuck entire sections of lashes together
- It was very hard to get off - I lost some lashes in the process
- The shape of the brush was problematic - like another reviewer, I kept using the ball on the end to reach smaller lashes on the edge, but ended up getting mascara everywhere else (lids, eye) too

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It well................... i like the wand brush. ....

At first i liked it. it not really wet and that was a good thing and it hold true to where it stayed all day and you can make it as dramatic or natural as you want. No length but that not something I care for too much as my natural lashes are long enough.

Problem.......the removal was scary and weird. i thought I might lose my lashes! It like plastic! No wonder it smudge free. took almost 40 minutes to remove and Im sure some was still there. My lashes stayed clump together the following day. So i put oil on my lashes all day and by my night shower I was able to complete rid my lashes of it.

The brush design is the only thing i like and love. I kept the brush and thrown out the rest. I love the conception of the nearly already "dry" mascara thing but using this stuff everyday. is a no recommend from me.

It was only a dollar...but never again

I suppose it's fine for a light, natural look. However, I thought it was supposed to lengthen and volumize, and I didn't see either of those things. It took multiple coats to see any noticable difference on me, and I've not had that problem with other mascaras. Also was very hard to remove. I usually wash with soap and water in the shower, and follow up with coconut oil when I'm done. This stuff was still stiff on my lashes with soap and water, and even the coconut oil didn't cut through it. I had to literally soak my eyes with warm water for a half hour and peel off the nasty black gunk with my nails. Lucky I even have eye lashes left after that. Won't be using it again.

A complete stranger at the makeup aisle at Target swore by this mascara and, I decided to give it a try. It is "so so" probably because my lashes are "so so." (The stranger's lashes were naturally long which is probably why this mascara worked for her.) If you are looking for a basic mascara and your lashes are already fairly good (no short and sad like mine), this would probably work for you. It is a natural finish and for $3, it's a bargain. However, it has no wow factor and quite honestly the brush really bothers me. It's almost like it is too long with the odd shaped ball on the end. I realize it's function is to get to the lashes that are hard to reach, but I find myself poking my eye with it. I've only used it a few times and at such a cheap price, I'm just going to toss it. Other E.L.F. products have wowed me before, so I'm still and E.L.F. fan, just not a fan of this particular mascara.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible horrible horrible!! This didn't coat my lashes at all so I have no idea if it would actually lengthen or define. I will stick to the Essence crazy volume mascara in the pink tube.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

4.5 stars
This is a handy little gem for those who like their lashes to look natural, yet separated, defined and beautiful. For women who appreciate dramatically long lashes, this may not be the product for you, unless maybe you use a primer first, and then apply several coats of this mascara.

I gave this 4.5 stars instead of 5, because I've used other drugstore brands that provided a bit more length and volume. However, it's important to point out that everyone is different: if you have thin eyelashes and a delicate bone structure, this mascara will be perfect or maybe even a bit too much for your taste. For women with thicker, longer lashes, this won't be heavily impressive.

I've noticed that mascara seems to be the one product that is hit or miss with everyone, and can very wildly from person to person. That's a bit odd, but because it's so subjective, it's really difficult to write a proper mascara review.

I'd also like to point out that this brush is AMAZING. I wish most mascaras provided this brush, because it offers that perfect balance between long, defined lashes and Tammy Faye Bakker (God, I miss that woman).

Oh yeah, and before I forget, the texture! I wouldn't believe this if I didn't see it for myself, but this particular mascara is smack dab in the middle between wet and dry. How phenomenal! I've never, ever really seen that before.

In fact, when I first examined it, I stood there in wonder, twirling the mascara brush around, trying to figure out where the liquid stood on the spectrum. How perfect. Truly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really don't understand the negative reviews; this is the best mascara I've tried (and I've tried a lot). It gives my short, thin lashes length and volume, plus the formula is super black. I also really like how helpful the ball at the end of the brush is. I don't know why anyone wouldn't try this mascara seeing as it's only $3 (although I'd still purchase it if they raised the price). And to everyone saying that it's "hard to remove", you can't take off mascara with just water! I either use coconut oil or a makeup wipe, and it comes off just fine for me

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I rarely review products but this one is definitely a winner. I tried this one after reading mixed reviews and i absolutely love this mascara! I have very wimpy lashes. Very fine, short, and light-colored, but this mascara did wonders for my lashes after only one coat, and it just got better with the second coat. The brush is easy and helps to get every single lash, plus it did not clump at all. Prior to finding this mascara, my favorite was Maybelline The Falsies, but this is just as good but half the price. I am sticking with this one from now on. I have nothing bad to say about it. This stuff is truly awesome.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really love this mascara and for the price you can't go wrong. I have short eyelashes and this gives me the length I wish I was born with lol.