Essie Beyond Cozy

Essie Beyond Cozy

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is a fine glitter in a clear base. It's a warm silver, or a very pale champagne, depending on the lighting and your skin tone. The polish is opaque in two coats and surprisingly subtle for a glitter. On the nail, it's almost like a shiny, textured metallic rather than being all blingy bling glitter bomb. The slightly warm tone of this makes it ideal for wearing as an accent nail with warmer colours. (I may be weird, but I often find bright, true silver to be too cool-toned for some things.)

Application is great, wear time is fine for me. Dry surface isn't especially gritty, but it is textured. Top coat smooths that out nicely, and this glitter isn't a topcoat eater. It is, however, a big pain to remove, just as you would expect an opaque, fine glitter polish to be.

Nice polish, a bit different.

on 10/30/2017 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the color -- it's more subtle than you'd think and looks like a shiny grey from more than a foot away, you can only see the silver glitter up close [I have no idea what the reviews mentioning gold are talking about, BTW, this is a silver glitter, there is no gold color in it, although it can look gold under yellowish light]. But man this stuff wears horribly, chipping and coming off very fast. It also tends to come off one entire nail at a time without chipping, which is both gross (nobody likes to have a nail full of polish fall into their lunch) and kind of awkward because you end up with a very obvious naked nail. For those reasons I can't recommend it even though I enjoy the appearance.

on 6/20/2016 2:04:00 PM

I love this glitter polish! From their Winter 2012 Collection, Essie's Beyond Cozy is made up dense gold and silver microglitter in a clear base. I love the mix of gold and silver together, it really makes this polish look different. Thought it really does lean more silver. On the nail, it's sparkly and gorgeous. I'm really glad I bought this one.

Excellent formula. Very smooth application and the glitter is distributed very easily on the nail. And removal is a snap if you use acetone.

Would definitely buy it again. Recommended!

This polish is pretty much irresistible. It's the most chic, classy glitter polish out there IMO. The glitter is dense and packed, providing a noticeable depth as well as opacity in two coats. And to say nothing of the color...it's so beautiful! and somehow quite unique. A pale champagne gold silver with a "neutral" tone. It's just beautiful and seriously sparkles in natural light.

As far as wear goes, it chipped on day 3, which is typical in my experience (I did use a top coat and usually don't, so the top coat may have extended the wear). So I would say about average. It dries VERY quickly, due to the formula I imagine. The glitter finish is "textured" even with a top coat, but definitely not as rough as "texture" polishes.

Overall I LOVE this color, it has so much bling and yet looks so classy. I love it for the summer and also look forward to wearing it during the holidays!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Bought this color recently as a last minute addition to some blue and green Essie polishes I was getting. I couldn't tell whether it was gold, silver or brassy, and I still can't, though I lean more towards light gold mostly.

It's a lovely glitter polish. It took about two coats to become really covered but if you're picky maybe do three. I can still see some minor uncovered areas after two coats. The texture is slightly gritty when dried, but not bad with clear topcoat.

Paired this color with several other Essie brand turquoise tones, and LOVE it. Will use again! Recommended!

This is my favorite gold glitter polish!! It is opaque in just 2 coats. Beyond cozy lasts 5-7 days on my nails. The formula is great, and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it!

This is one of my favorite essie nail polishes. I love it so much that I felt the need to write a review.
This is the perfect glitter polish, because it is opaque and wonderfully sparkly. It's in between a gold and a silver, so it works with any cool toned or warmed toned polish and clothing. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this gold. Can be a pain to take off but I can deal with it for this color. Only takes one coat for it to even and the glitter is just beautiful.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i like this glitter polish but one mini bottle is enough for me so i wont need to repurchase.
very finely milled gold & silver glitter, spplies well in 1 coat but 2 coats gives a better finish. a top coat is a must for me otherwise the glitter is quite rough.
a biatch to remove for sure ut fund using pure acetone removed faster & easier.
a great colour for the winter collection. looks lovely just on tips too.

on 1/13/2013 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is honestly one of the best glitters out on the market right now. The glitter in Beyond Cozy is so dense that it only takes 2 coats to become opaque. The color is gorgeous too, it definitely leans more towards silver than gold.

Popular Polishes