Yves Rocher magnolia

Yves Rocher magnolia

3.5

It was a blind buy for me , but I heard about this fragrance before & for such a price I couldn't resist buying it ..First of all this is a wonderful smell for the right person , I am a floral girl yes , but this has a very strong oak-moss -earthy green- note , you get a lot of Fresh Magnolia & Jasmine but no sweetness at all as most fashionable scents are these days ...It reminds me a lot of Anais Anais by Cacharel , but without the "animalic " notes which I hate so much .. It dries to a very clean , soapy smell which I can tolerate ..I don't agree with the other reviewer about the longevity , one spritz only on the wrist remained for complete 6 hours , but I think she meant it doesn't have a strong sillage (the range of perfume smell around its wearer ) it has a soft or moderate sillage for sure , but it's a white floral after all..:)
However , I completely agree about the bottle ; WONDERFUL & very well made ..It's the best in my collection & the fragrance itself is a nice change from what I have .

Update : I am really loving this scent for the Summer . So elegant and still fresh for a hot day . It projects well and makes me feel unique among all these gourmand , sugary , sweet bombs around me . I have added one lippie and will buy again for sure . Lovely price :)

on 11/21/2012 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OK, I give this one 2 lippies only because it actually managed to settle on the skin before vanishing into the unknown ( as opposed to Vie Privee that is definitely nothing but a ghost dissipating instantly into thin air ). It is a soapy floral, wearing which could actually be nice after a long bath, emerging all fresh and clean. BUT - the initial surge of floral powderness dries down to nothing, a faint soapy scent detected only with your nose buried tight in your skin and only for the first 15 minutes, after that - forget it. I got to give it to YR, it does have the loveliest bottle ever: so romantic, reminding me of vintage porcelain painted over flakons our grandmothers used to have.

Popular Fragrances