Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream

Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream

2.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, stearic acid, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), glycerin, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, macadamia ternifolia seed oilrosa canina seed extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, parfum (fragrance)*, tocopherol, borago officinalis seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, alchemilla vulgaris extract calendula officinalis flower oil, plantago major leaf extract, glucose, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, beta-carotene, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, sodium borate sodium chloride, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, benzyl alcohol, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, limonene, linalool. *natural fragranceRead more at http://www.burtsbees.com/Shea-Butter-Hand-Repair-Cream/29199-00-2,default,pd.html

on 5/16/2016 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As other reviewers have said this is a strange hand cream. On application it does feel gel like & you think it will be easily absorbed, but it takes some time to work into the skin.

It takes a while to absorb into the skin and even a few minutes later, there is a noticeable emoillient feel to the skin. I have hypothyrodism, and as such suffer with very dry hands - so for me, this feels like a welcome relief and what's impressive is that it keeps my hands moisturized and cushioned even after handwashing

The smell is not unpleasant to me, its quite herbal and natural, however the smell is strong enough that it would clash/overwhelm with any other perfume being worn. I do not apply it if I am wearing any other fragrance

This isn't a luxury pampering hand cream, but it does work and doubles up as excellent foot cream

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A few weeks ago, my son was in town and I was driving him and some friends out for brunch. Suddenly, I smelled this wonderful smell and said "One of you smells GREAT" and the lone girl in the bunch said "Oh, it's my hand cream" (she was putting some on which is why I was suddenly aware of the pleasant smell). I asked what it was, deciding then and there I would have to get some. It was this Shea Butter Hand Cream. But the tube I have smells NOTHING like the lovely scent I noticed in my car. It's not unpleasant - it's one of those herbal/rosemary type scents but it's NOT what I was expecting. The product itself is very rich - the sort of product that makes it difficult to turn a door knob. But I love it for night time or when I don't plan on turning door knobs. It is very moisturising and soothing and really does feel like it is "repairing" my hands when they're dry and chapped.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/22/2016 3:14:00 PM

I really wanted to love this because it is a natural product plus not tested on animals, but unfortunately it does not work for me at all. The scent is very strong as others have mentioned, although it does not completely put me off. The problem for me is the fact that this makes hands very greasy and takes ages to be absorbed by skin - and I have the driest hands on earth. So basically this is not usable during daytime when I'm at work/on the train/anywhere but home. I sometimes apply it just before bedtime but I dread using it and the only reason why I haven't thrown it away is that I feel bad tossing a 3/4 full tube of product.

Another minus is the texture - some kind of thick paste mixed with oil. Not sure what's up with that, it might be because 100% of the ingredients are natural.

On the plus side: not bad as a cuticle cream. Just be prepared for the greasiness.

on 3/2/2016 3:21:00 PM

- too expensive, cost me 15€
- Horrible smell, made me think it was expired. Initially hoped it would smell like cocoa since it contains cocoa butter but actually has a very strong medicine/lavender smell that makes my eyes water. Since the tube is packed in a box it s also not very handy to take the product out while in store in order to smell it.
- found the texture quite greasy and didnt do too much for my dry skin

on 2/23/2016 2:49:00 PM

Whoa! I can't believe that this stuff ever made it to the stores.

A very strange consistency - a mixture of a thick cream floating in oil. I thought that maybe it'd gone off but I read that I'm not the only one to comment on it.

As a hand cream - forget it. The smell alone puts me off but it took a while to absorb but still left a residue. Not a product I could use during the day.

Having said that, I really like it as a nightly cuticle cream and for my elbows and feet and for that reason alone, if it was on offer, I'd buy again.

on 4/24/2015 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the worst smelling things I've ever put on my skin! Burt's Bees products are generally a hit, but this stuff is disgusting. It smells like Ben Gay or some harsh medicine and then dries down to a plastic smell that lasts and lasts. It's fairly greasy and isn't even effective beyond the terrible smell. I regret that I threw away the box because it had the bar code on it. Now I'm stuck with the worst smelling hand cream ever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOAH. I love Burts, but this just left me so suprised. When you first get it, the lotion is thick and luxurious. A month or so later, it starts getting all milky and melty. Finally, it becomes so hard, you can't squeeze it out of the tube! What a sad disappoint on Burts Bees part! It smells like CRUD (old man mixed with rotten olives)! The squeeze tub is hard and stiff. It not only last for 2 seconds on your hands, but once it's on, the affect goes away but the SMELL STAYS :(

on 1/23/2015 12:11:00 AM

This stuff stinks! Literally and figuratively. It smells strongly of men's cheap cologne and fails to moisturize despite being quite thick and greasy. I prefer Korres body butters for my dry cuticles. Buy Korres on HSN.com and save a lot (about half) over retail.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought the whole Burt's bees line bc I developed allergies by mixing and matching products from different brands. The hand cream is OK, not greasy, but not really moisturizing. The scent is ok, not as horrible as the "fragrance free" body cream.
Again, Aveeno is the winner.

It's a very good hand cream hence the 3 stars but it smells like old men. Not that I go round smelling old men you understand, but it has that foisty smell that isn't all that pleasant. I used to apply it before bed but the smell is totally rank so I use it now when I slather it on and put my hand cream gloves on from Champneys as a treatment. I prefer the Burt's Bees hand salve and almond milk hand creams (of which I also have both), they smell far nicer.