Sugarpill Sweetheart Palette

Sugarpill Sweetheart Palette
Sweetheart Palette

on 3/6/2017 2:09:00 PM

I'm a fan of Sugarpill eye shadows, but this palette was only meh for me. Only two of the colors in this collection impressed me. This entire collection is matte, with four colors, and stored in a cute, flat compact.

Pros: Dollipop and Tako are very nice shadows, and the Dollipop can double as a blush. I like to use Tako as a color on the inside corner of my eye, or an allover lid base. Dollipop is a cute lid color, and it also gives the cheeks a nice hint of pink. You can also use a heavier hand on the Dollipop for a brighter blush.

Cons: The colors Afterparty and Midori are very muted and look nothing like they do in the pan. The pigmentation on these two aren't great, they're difficult to blend, and the staying power was non-existent. The price is also a bit high for the amount of product you're getting.

While I wouldn't recommend or repurchase this palette, I would definitely buy Dollipop individually. I feel Tako isn't original enough of a shadow to make a repurchase. It's very similar to certain shadows from Lorac, MAC, and Urban Decay, all of which i think are better in performance and value.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite of the four Sugarpill palettes I own. The shades are pigmented and true to pan, and last all day and night. Sweetheart is the least complicated self-contained eye makeup palette I can imagine - it has a mirror, Tako makes an excellent base, I can apply with my fingers, and, since I don't like the matte look, I just put a dab of my Aquaphor lip balm on top.

on 11/20/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Such a cute palette. The colors in this are: Midori (grass green), Dollipop (bright pink), Afterparty (bright blue) & Tako (white). All are matte acc Midori which has a lil bit of sheen but not much & have great pigmentation. But as with any e/s ALWAYS use a base/primer to really make these pop. The palette is a great price for how much you get, these pans are huge. CS is great & Amy always aims to please.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this palette. I'm a huge fan of brights and Sugarpill is right up my alley.

Tako- Matte white. It takes a bit for this to apply opaque for me, but it works well as a base to brighten the other colours (I'm not kind of medium yellow-toned so none of the colours applied as nicely as I like without a white base)

Dollipop- Fuschia pink. Reminds me of sakuras and geishas. Can stain a bit.

Afterparty- It's just blue. Not cobalt or cerulean or anything.

Midori - Medium spring green. I probably use this one the least. But it's still very bright and pigmented!

I often layer dollipop over afterparty or vice versa to make a bright purple. Aaaand I just swatched every combination.

There's lots of product in the pan the packaging is super cute and sturdy- cardboard with a magnetic lid. Also, a cat!

on 7/18/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The colors in this palette are really pigmented! The colors are perfect for creating insanely colorful looks. I don't use any other colorful eyeshadows, these are the best! I use this with a sticky white base because otherwise they can be a bit powdery, but other than that, these eyeshadows are perfect. I would pick this up if you love color, if you can buy it online since Sugarpill's palettes seem to always be out of stock!

on 5/22/2013 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Yeah these are awesome highly pigmented, did I mention the packaging is adorable! I love it, for an indie company they are starting off seriously well I hope to see sugarpill make a much bigger range of shadow colours in the future