Live Clean Soothing Daily Moisturizer

Live Clean Soothing Daily Moisturizer

3.7

Aqua (water), Cynoches Cooper (orchid) flower leaf extract, Lavendula Angustifolia (lavendar) extract, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, chamomila recutita (matricaria) flower extract, Silybum Marianum extract, Malva Sylvestris (mallow) flower/leaf/stem extract, Aloe Barbadensis flower extract, Frangula Alnus bark extract, Ascorbic Acid (vit C), Glyceryl Stearate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Cocoglycerides, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) Oleosomes, Coco-glucoside, vegetable oil/hydrogenated vegetable oil/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, tapioca starch, phenoxyethanol, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, sodium stearoyl glutamate, xanthum gum, sodium benzoate parfum (frangrance), pogostemon cablin oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, lavundula hybrida oil, citric acid

on 6/17/2017 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

PROS: Light weight moisturizer, doesn't cause acne, good for oily parts of my face, 150ml you get a lot of product
CONS: Too light for dry skin/for winter, if a lot is applied can mess up liquid foundation

Summary - If you have sensitive and dry skin this might not work for you. I use it in combination with a heavier cream for dry parts of my face. A good basic lotion for oily skin. Side note, the bottle is very "squishy" so be careful when you first open it.

on 4/2/2017 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great Product, really nice non-chemical smell. If you have combo skin like me and tend to get really oily throughout the day this product is great. If you're acne prone, it doesn't contain demethicone so it won't clog your pores! I love this product, wish the price was a little lower but a little goes a long way so the generous size tube should last awhile.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Has anyone noticed how disgusting it smells? The reviews seem really great, but I honestly can't get over this strong, off-putting scent. It also feels weird on my face. It's not smooth, but I don't know how to describe the texture. My fingers just don't run nicely across my face (only did this to see how it is, but I don't recommend touching your face, especially with oily hands). I don't think I want to use this again. The smell makes my stomach turn.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this a few months ago as I was using (and liked) the Live Clean foaming cleanser. The first time I used the moisturizer, it felt sooo nice and refreshing and my dry, flaky skin felt baby smooth. The scent is pretty nice and it's very lightweight. A few weeks later I noticed that it no longer had this effect - in fact, after wearing it for not even 10 minutes, my skin absorbed it all and went back to its normal dry state. I have to put on at least 2 layers for it to do anything, and even then the results aren't very satisfying.
I'm sure for other skin types this must be a good product, but for my dry skin, this just doesn't work for me, probably because it is a lotion and not a cream. If you have combination skin, this product may be perfect for you!

on 12/12/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this moisturizer. It's really light and keeps me matte all day. I was using this about a year ago and really liked it but had to move to something heavier when I went on Accutane again. Since going off Accutane, I've been using this in conjunction with coconut oil as my face wash/make-up remover (because while on Accutane I discovered that coconut oil is a miracle in a jar.) Using these together, my face is exceedingly soft and pimple free :). If you've never tried using coconut oil or this moisturizer, I would recommend both! I've been able to confidently stop wearing make-up.

Another plus about this product is that a little goes a long way, and the tube is huge! It's pretty expensive (ranges from about 18-20 dollars CAD depending where I go) but it's totally worth it terms of longevity, quality, and performance.

on 11/25/2013 8:59:00 AM

I really like this moisturizer. It feels fresh and light, doesn't leave me shiny. It isn't....intensely hydrating? but it does the trick. There is one thing i notice with this though, and that's that it doesn't blend well with my foundation. If i ever mix it with my foundation it makes it really streaky and gross. If i apply it before makeup it does a similar thing but not as bad.

on 5/23/2013 2:17:00 AM

I love the Live Clean brand! I've been really impressed with their hair care products in the past. I recently began suffering from terrible eczema-like symptoms on my face for the first time in my 25 years of living. I had to work with a doctor and do a total overhaul on every product I used to finally discover the culprit (which turned out to be a high-end cosmetic company's products). And that's when I decided to switch to something simple: LiveClean.

Finding products that work with both an oily T-zone, and normal to dry jaw area is difficult. This moisturizer worked better than the high-end products with $40+ prices I've tried in the past. I liked that there was no fragrance, it absorbed nicely, the redness I normally experience was reduced, and my skin feels all around better than before, and (yay!) no more eczema-like symptoms.

Notes: If your skin leans towards a more dry type it may be too lightweight for you (live clean does a thicker night cream that you could try). But if your skin is dehydrated, which can feel like dryness, you need to put WATER back into your skin (e.g. via a serum) because no amount of any moisturizer is going to correct that.

Hope this helped! :)

on 5/9/2013 11:42:00 PM

FINALLY. I've found a cream I can feel good about repurchasing. I think this cream is amazing! I have dry skin, but certain products give me pimples ;( ..its always a risk when trying out a new product, so far so good with this cream :D It's moisturizing enough for everyday use and my skin feels great after applying. I think I'll be sticking with this for a very long time. On top of that, the ingredients are great!

Bonus points for the squeeze tube packaging.

I absolutely love this product ! Since I have very acne-prone skin and I break out easily with any product, this one had never broke me out !! It's a very good moisturizer, simple and without all the chemicals ! Seriously, this can be a bit pricey, but it contains much product, so it's ok!:) Give it a try, you won't be disappointed !

EDIT: I don't use this anymore. Smells disgusting after a while. Would not repurchase.

on 11/20/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used many facial moisturizers including Proacvtiv, because I get pimples easily. Proactiv and other creams still caused blemishes/breakouts. Even though they say "oil-free" etc... They weren't right for me. I have very dry skin in the winter, with oily forehead and chin :(

My skin doesn't break out or develop pimples with use of Live Clean Soothing daily moisturizer. Costed ~ $18 a bit much in my opinion but since it's natural could be a decent price.

____________________________________________________________________

Update:

I stopped using this because it caused the dry patches of my face to burn and become more red. Even though the ingredients seem safe and natural, doesn't always mean they aren't harsh. I find my skin is becoming less acne prone and more sensitive and combination (oily and dry in different areas). Can't use this moisturizer anymore:( I emailed live clean and they were kind and sent me a cheque to reimburse the cost of the product, as I lost my receipt for the store.

I tried other things including coconut oil alone to moisturize without hurting me, and so far coconut oil kept my blemishes away too. For night it's good but day it looks shiny. If you're staying home coconut oil is a good day treatment...