Burt's Bees gud - Natural Softening Conditioner - Vanilla Flame

Burt's Bees gud - Natural Softening Conditioner - Vanilla Flame

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/19/2016 10:13:00 PM

How does anyone like this? My hair felt stripped and damaged from this before I even got out of the shower! My hair was unbrushable and a tangly mess. This is possibly the WORST conditioner I've ever used.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an amazing conditioner that really doesn't get all the attention it deserves. Which is really sad because not only does it do wonder's for my hair (like for super cereal my hair has never felt smoother or has been this shiny in years) but it works wonderfully on my friend's hair too. She has thicker hair than I do and it really made it look wonderfully smooth. It also smells amazing and the sent stays in all day. Now I'm usually skeptical about conditioners that have such a strong fragrance, but this works fantastically and smells great! My bf was smelling it all day lolz.

on 3/9/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a preliminary review as I have only used this product once. I used this for CO washing. This is not your ordinary vanilla scented product. I tend not to like the run of the mill plain 'ol vanilla scent. This, this reminds me of a pia colada made with vanilla ice cream. It is lightly fruity with the warmth of vanilla rather than the scent. This is after rubbing it through my hair. Straight from the bottle it is more vanilla than fruit. My hair is almost dry, but the scent remains strong. It provides good slip, seems to have cleaned my hair just as well as my usual (Yes to Cucumbers). I love the smell of this conditioner, and I can see repurchasing this....but we'll see.
UPDATE 03/29/12 The day after this review, my SO said to me, "your hair smells nice". I don't remember the last time he said that. Then he later told me that he liked that new bottle I have in the shower, and that he was sniffing it. It also seems to be cleaning my hair and keeping it soft. I guess it's a keeper!

UPDATE 01/06/13 I did repurchase this once because it smells rather nice. Although, I wasn't able to continue using it as a wash. It ended up leaving too much of a residue. Instead I would wash with my Yes to Cucumbers conditioner (now reformulated, haven't tried it yet. I bought 10 of the old version), then use this product on my ends for fragrance. *Lowered rating to 4 lippies.

on 11/19/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hey I used this once a long time ago and hated it, but didn't have the heart to throw it out because I didn't really find it moisturizing. I used it as a shaving cream for the longest time. Whelp I ran out of conditioner last this week and I had to resort to this for a day. Well I must have been crazy last time (or maybe my hair reacted differently now) but my hair has never looked better. It is so silky and soft. And the smell. Omg the smell. It's like vanilla, with a hint of floral. My friend even asked me what perfume I was wearing. Anyway, all in all, this is a great conditioner. Although it does nothing for volume (its a bit too moisturizing for that methings).

on 11/25/2012 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Really sad this doesn't get the recognition it deserves. But yay new HG conditioner!!!! If they ever discontinue this I will cry!!

on 8/22/2012 3:48:00 PM

This is my holy grail conditioner! After quitting hair products that just coated my hair in silicone, I went crazy trying to find a more natural option. This stuff is great. It makes my hair so soft all day long. Not to mention, the scent is great and very long lasting. The price isn't bad at all, either. It's everything I was looking for in a conditioner. I have been repurchasing it since I first tried it a few months ago. I'm in love!