Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo

Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo

4.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This shampoo has really deep purple pigment and on my hair, removes yellow if I leave it on my hair for 10mins plus. It does not leave a purple colour but my hair doesn't tend to accept colour much anyway. It smells nice and leaves my hair soft unlike other alternatives like loreal Professional Silver and Touch of silver.

on 4/14/2016 2:07:00 PM

First Impressions Review- will adjust as I go!

I bought this shampoo because I have high lift honey blonde hair- from a natural dark brown. When I left the salon my colour was *beautiful* but after hardly any time at all it's gone from having all these lovely complex taupey,almost silvery tones > to gold. Not even a cute gold but a 24k sort of vibe.

I've used the Bleach London Silver Shampoo and the Touch of Silver brand as well. Both were mediocre (and super drying) and I had high hopes for Fudge reading all of the positive material about it online.

So yes it is quite potent and will readily stain your skin and around your fingernails. It lathered really nicely which was a pleasant surprise as the other purple shampoos I have used have been a bit meh when it comes to foaming- it makes it easier to spread around evenly. I left it on for five minutes and it rinsed out easily. No complaints.

The result after a single wash was.... OK. It's knocked down some of the canary stuff but there's still a very warm overall look to my hair. Going off what some people said I was expecting really dramatic things from the get go but if I had to quantify it I'd say it's about a 25-30% change. Which is similar to the other brands I have used. Parts are a brighter blonde but not a toned blonde if you know what I mean. I followed up with my Kerastase conditioner and the condition of my hair afterwards was really quite nice- which is again pleasing because the other silver shampoos have really dried my hair.

Update 2nd Wash:
(I haven't used any other shampoos between. ) Ok so probably another improvement of 5-10% on the first attempt. Which would be a 35-40% improvement overall from using no toning shampoo. The blonde is definitely brighter but again not massively altered in tone. I will keep going!

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/12/2016 6:02:00 AM

I bought a litre of this stuff on special and it has lasted me a year so far, so it gets an A+ for potency. Many blondes will have noticed this shampoo is super concentrated and i think given the expense of maintaining a cool toned blonde that puts this as the front runner in the toning world, but it has some drawbacks:
a) it is not cleansing, but is drying. Wash beforehand to clarify and then leave this on, or, to alleviate the drying effect, mix with a deep conditioner and leave it on for about thirty minutes which is what I do.
b) it is more blue based - very effective but the staining from this shampoo (if you are lucky enough to have it stain your hair) tends to be on the green side of things as compared to more violet based toners and anyone who has tried to get green out of their hair knows it is a drawn out and frustrating process.
So I think use it as a mask mixed with a deep conditioner post-cleanse and do not leave it on for too long or it could leave your hair with a greenish hue. But I will keep buying it and use it as a toning pigment to be diluted/mixed accordingly.

on 3/3/2016 1:22:00 AM

After purchasing every blonde toning shampoo or conditioner I could get my hands on over the years (and only one really blowing me away....until it was discontinued) my hair colourist whispered to me that she just buys this one. In her words "It's nothing we sell but it's cheap and it's the absolute best". She has the lightest shade of platinum, silvery hair I've ever seen, so I thought I'd take her word for it.

It. Is. The. Best. Seriously. I've never been able to keep my hair such a beautiful silvery blonde before. By the time I go back to the hairdresser for a touch up, my hair is always yellow - that bothers me more than any root regrowth! But now, all of the yellow is banished from my hair, even if I don't get back to the hairdresser for 8 weeks.

I could kiss this stuff.

on 2/22/2016 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Truly incredible product! I recently went to my hairdresser and had my ash blonde hair dyed light blonde - with silvery undertones. However, after a month or two I had unattractive regrowth, but couldn't afford to go back to the hairdressers just yet. So, I made the decision to buy a box dye. I didn't take this decision lightly, and have done it before. For the most part, I dyed my entire hair and the lengths were a nice shade of blonde, but at the top part, about 3 inches of my roots, had gone a golden shade! I decided to use this shampoo for a good 10 minutes (don't exceed this) and nearly cried because I thought my hair had turned purple. However, when I dried it the lengths were beautiful blonde, almost silver. It's toned the top of my hair to a more white colour, however, there's still golden undertones. Overall, an awesome product, so pigmented and intensely purple. Be careful though - if you already have light blonde hair don't exceed a few minutes or your hair may turn purple.

on 7/29/2015 10:56:00 AM

This shampoo is perfect for people with a full head of bleached hair, or someone with a lot of highlights.

I say this because it is SO STRONG. I used to have highlights and it toned the bleached highlights to almost white and left my darker colour between, which didn't look great. However i've recently gone platinum/silver/white (whichever you want to call it) aka full head bleach and it is a DREAM. Leave it on it goes a bit violet/grey but i kind of like it.

I even give it to some of my hairdressing clients, i've bought a large pump so i pump some off into a container and advise then to mix it with some of their own shampoo to create their own purple shampoo. It smells amazing too, also leaving my hair soft which is a bonus.

It's a dream, i would defiantly recommend!

on 2/12/2015 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought this product again and again and will continue to do so, as it is hands down the best toner I have ever used. I have white blonde hair and fudge has helped me achieve that.

If you have yellow patches, I would recommend putting the shampoo on dry hair (on the patches) and leave it for 15 mins or so and it will get rid of them.

The shampoo can temporarily stain your hair but all toners do, just apply it to patches or use it more frequently but for less time.

on 2/9/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the only purple shampoo that I've tried that does anything. I live in Australia and have tried the L'Oreal purple shampoo, Schwarzkopf toner and Fudge - A paler shade of white toner. I have bleached blonde hair (from dark brown hair) and have an ash blonde toner in it. If I don't use my Fudge Clean Blonde shampoo my hair quickly becomes brassy again. After one use of this shampoo it returns to a lovely ash-white blonde :)

However, I now mix if half and half with another shampoo because it is actually too strong and used to make the whiter parts of the hair a purplish shade. I guess that's good because it isn't cheap.

This gets a 5 star review in every aspect, why? because the quality is outstanding for the price and for how long it lasts because you do not need much of this baby to get a good kick!

My recommendation for girls that only need a slight tone to their hair or have only just dyed their hair and want something that is going to keep the mellow yellow look away! is to mix a blob of this with some conditioner as it is very potent and can stain your hair purple very easily if your not careful.

I believe it potency is a great fabulous thing though as it mean that you only need the teeniest bit for amazing results (just mix with shampoo/conditioner as above)

So its very good value. Ive brought this 3 times now and it hasn't failed me!

if you have not tried this you must or if you looking for a purple shampoo, buy this one ladies you won't regret it (but just be careful and only try a little bit first to see how strong it is on your hair)

xx

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this shampoo!! It has more purple pigment in it then any other violet toning shampoo I've tried and it doesn't strip or dry out my hair like the others do! I highly recommend it, if you are a platinum/white blonde it may make your hair go a little purple so if you want to avoid that I would perhaps mix a little regular shampoo with it to dilute the pigment.
The only draw back is it is the hole in the bottle is a bit too big and because its a thin consistency I often end up with more product then I need, just have to be careful.

Popular Shampoos