Burberry Plum pink

Burberry Plum pink
Plum pink

1 review

on 11/17/2012 10:11:00 PM

I purchased this because I wanted to find out what the hype was about. On my NC30 skin, the shades are a beige, a beiges mid tone brown, a medium dark plum and a dark brown. All of the shades except the dark brown are matte with very subtle shimmers while the dark brown is matte.

The finish: Matte with very subtle shimmer. Between Mac satin and matte shadows. Many cheaper brands make good quality matte shadows but I like burberry's because the subtle shimmer gives it a bit more life while some mattes can look dull, think matte foundations and satin foundations, many people choose satin finish because it looks more like skin and skin isn't naturally matte. I'm in my late 30s, bold shimmery colors can be a bit too much and mattes can look a bit too dull.

Quality: They apply smooth, creamy, pigmented and blends beautifully which is why I am so impressed with this palette. Burberry is a great way for me to try several high end shadows at an affordable price. Unlike most Dior and Chanel palettes where you usually get that one defective shadow which defeats my purpose of purchasing palettes.

Packaging: It is a bit heavier and it picks up less fingerprints than Dior, guerlain and Chanel palettes. I'm not sure if the case is plastic or metal but I like the magnetic closure, over all it looks expensive and modern at the same time. It comes with a sponge, brush and angle brushes, I usually use my full size brushes but the small ones are workable and travel friendly.

I would definitely choose burberry the next time i want to purchase a high end palette because of all the reasons mentioned above.

Popular Palettes