Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

3.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Black Mascara has been the mascara for me but I wanted to try Brown mascara.
I bought Cover Girl Clump Crusher Brown Mascara...not the water proof kind.
I am very Pleased with it...its a very nice brown color & it does not clump.
It looks good with my L'Oreal Chocolate eye shadow & my brown eyeliner.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wasn't sure about this mascara when I first bought it, but I've been liking it a lot. I purchased it to take to Florida, hoping the water-resistant aspect would prevent melting (spoiler, didn't wear it once, ha), and not wanting it to go bad, I started using it...and it's great! I'm usually a mascara snob and stick to high-end brands, but this drugstore product has pleasantly surprised me -- I reach for it every day. It holds a curl, looks natural-but-better, and doesn't flake or smudge. The black color is also very, very black, perfect for us ladies whose eyelashes go lighter in the summer. I'll finish my tube and repurchase for sure, and I plan to stick with the water-resistant formula because it's summer in the midwest and the humidity is not kind to mascara!

Been using this for over a year now, repurchased several times. Tried others, came back. It is just so easy for me to make my lashes separated and not spidery with this. I layer it up two or even three times, still looks good. Removal is easy with a micellar water or with a makeup eraser. It's water resistant not water proof, so if I cry it will flake off but it doesn't make a huge mess. Great mascara.

I have loved this macara for years. It separates my lashes very well and I use this as a base to my better mascara..The brush is awesome and it's super great for lower lashes. I love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the original lash blast volume in the orange tube so I thought I'd try this one just for something different. (The brush looked cool) Anyway, this did not work for me. Now in all fairness, my eyelashes are extremely fussy. They're short, blonde and they point straight down. Eyelash curlers are my best friend so having a mascara hold a curl is pretty much the most important thing I look for in a mascara. Like I said.....fussy eyelashes.....they're annoying. Anyway, this mascara weighed them down. I looked for waterproof but only found water resistant. I did look at other reviews and most said that this does hold a curl, but maybe their lashes aren't as high maintenance as mine because nope.....eyelashes drooped instantly.....not a few hours later.....instantly. The only way I could make this work for me was to layer my original lash blast over it (after I re-curled my lashes.)

The formula seemed nice, I liked the brush and the application so if you don't have annoying straight lashes like myself, this might work for you.

PROS:
- Lengthens lashes
- Doesn't clump, lives up to its name!
- Awesome for lower lashes as well
- Easy to layer
- Dries quickly
- Holds a curl (and I have straight Asian lashes)
- Price is great
- Wand is easy to use

CONS:
- None

So haha, funny story, I actually meant to get the normal version of this mascara. (I was in hurry but really wanted to get this mascara and just grabbed the first tube I saw) Also so far I can only vouch for the formula and wear cuz I haven't tested the water resistance-ness of this yet.

Now for the review: The packaging is really quite ugly. Neon green? Really? But I was really intrigued by the prospect of no clumps, something I have been looking for. Not really a fan of the whole spikey clumped mascara look, but if you are this mascara is not for you. This is the first time a mascara has actually exceeded my expectations. This thing really works! First few uses there are minimal clumps and after the fourth use there is absolutely no clumps! I have a serious problem with above eye smudges, but not with this. and no undereye smudges either btw. My lashes look long and defined and look like I am wearing fake lashes. Seriously love this and you can't beat the price!

Pros: Price
No clumps.
No smudges.
LONG lashes.
Defines lashes, like they are all spread nicely and it looks like you have a lot.
can hold a curl, and gives you one.

Cons: none, so far...

So overall, I will never buy any other mascara again, unless it is the regular version of course. I love this stuff so much. I can do like four layers and still no clumps! Also, this looks great with people who tightline. so definitely will repurchase and recommend. But keep in mind that I don't actually know if it is water resistant or not, but will update.

Update: So I found that this CAN withstand a little bit of water. But only a little. It does say water RESISTANT so you can't really fault it. I am happy to say that I still.really like it and it can hold up to rain which is a must because my city is known for its rain.

Favorite mascara, all-time. A perfectly curved head and sturdy wand make for stable application. The formula is on the dryer side, which I love. No flakes, no smudging, holds the curl amazingly! Literally this is my holy grail. Fair price ~7 or 8 bucks. Comparable quality to top brands.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this mascara, it's one of my favorites for every day. It does a great job making my lashes look full, long and perfectly defined, while adding enough lift and curl that I rarely use my eyelash curler anymore. And I love that I can pile and pile this mascara on to my heart's to content without any fear of clumping. And even when I'm looking for more dramatic volume than this mascara can offer, I still like to use it one as my base. It helps whatever mascara I apply on top of it look more defined.

This mascara has a smallish, banana shaped brush that's densely covered with very short rubbed bristles. The bristle density helps this mascara comb through your lash perfectly, and while the ends of the bristles are pointy, I don't have any problems with them poking me when I work this brush deep into the base of my lashes. It works well on the lower lash line too.

The mascara formula is more wet than dry, and as such it doesn't have much problem with flaking off. It does however have problems with smearing and smudging if it comes into contact with moisture, be it in the form of rain, tears, sweat or high humidity. Cover Girl calls this formula water resistant but it is definitely not. I've tried both the water resistant and regular formula for the mascara, and I honestly can't tell the difference wear-wise. I recently wore it on a trip to Disney World and was horrified by the raccoon eyes I was sporting at the end of the day! The combination of heat, sweat and high humidity just melted the mascara off my lower lashes, leaving me with a big mess. The mascara on my top lashes held up better though, and on days when I just skipped applying mascara to my lower lashline, I did get through the day without a major mascara meltdown. The smudging problem is not so bad that it plagues me on a daily basis though. On a normal day, I can wear this mascara on both my upper and lower without any smudging. I just would not rely on it on a day when I'm planning on spending a lot of time outdoors in the heat or if I'm going to go see a sad movie. So if being water proof is a must have in a mascara for you, skip this mascara!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, don't know what all the hype is about with this one. I'm on my second tube; the first time I thought for sure I must've gotten a bad one because it was so awful.

Except for that Maybelline one in the pink tube (sorry the name escapes me at the moment) that's been around since the dinosaur era and runs like a deer if you wear contacts or have watery eyes, this is by far the WORST mascara I've ever used. And I've been using mascara for 40 years, so I've tried a LOT of them.

No matter the season, hot or cold or in between, every time I wear this stuff I end up with a flaky, crumbly mess. Yesterday I only used one coat and by the end of the day I had raccoon rings with chunks and flakes of disintegrated mascara under my eyes. I don't thing a single lash had any mascara on it. They were as blonde and sparse as usual. Good thing no one saw me!

And if that wasn't bad enough, it clumped going on too! My lashes were stuck together like Tammy Faye's (only short).

The only thing I like about this mascara is the curved rubber brush. It's not too fat like some. The fat brushes are great for younger gals who have more and longer lashes than us older women. If your lashes are short and sparse, you need a skinnier wand and this mascara has that. It's not super skinny like some, but its definitely skinnier than most of the mascaras out there now.

Tube was just average. Not crazy about the shape or the bright green color but I wouldn't care what it looked like if it performed. This was a stinker all the way around.