w3ll people - Nudist lip shine

w3ll people - Nudist lip shine

2.8

on 1/27/2017 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this. I like what I've heard about the company and this was my first product.

I can't stand the smell. It reminds me of my grandma's old lipsticks and smoking (don't know why.) I believe the smell is a mix of vanilla and W3ll people's herbal scent. I normally don't mind vanilla smell so I thought this would be fine.

The color (#7) is exactly the same as my lips, a little lighter if anything. I was hoping it would be ever so slightly darker. I would get the same effect from an untinted lip balm.

The packaging is ok but you get a TINY amount. Somehow imagined it would be a similar size to regular lip balms but it's closer to the size of a pinky.

There's nothing wrong with the application per se. I'm just very underwhelmed and the kind-of-unpleasant-vanilla smell is a dealbreaker for me - I am going to give it away.

on 3/25/2016 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Hate the packaging, love the color of #7 (nude) - beautiful and contains lysine, which may help keep cold sores at bay -- overall, I actually find it more drying in the long term (compared to how moisturizing it seems when you first put it on)

on 12/9/2012 12:44:00 AM

I have three of these #s 7, 3 and 8 and use one pretty much daily. The packaging is less elegant that Ilia's Lip Conditioners, but they are more moisturizing, portable and sheer - less lipstick-y. W3LL People is a small independent company with excellent customer service making clean products, very very rare in my experience. You can order samples of almost every product in the line for $1 - $2 (which come in handy for travel or when using a smaller handbag). The full sized versions are kind of expensive in my opinion, but I think they are worth it because they work well and last a long time.

In response to the previous review: Burt's Bee's is owned by Clorox, so that should sum up their contribution to the heath of our bodies and environment. Also, their ingredients are lackluster to say the least.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

on 11/17/2012 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Such a great idea (if not original) yet so poorly executed, both in product & in packaging.

I have this in #3, described on the website as "Cherry." This is a completely overpriced version of Burts Bees tinted lip balm. Save your money & just get one of those in Rose, if you are interested in a more natural tinted lip product. Those have the added benefit of actually softening lips, whereas this one is so full of beeswax that it does nothing but sit on top of your lips. And the colour wears off faster than you can say "lip balm."

Or spend a few money $ and get an Ilia tinted lip conditioner. At least those feel comfortable, come in fab colors and have lovely packaging so the overall experience is much nicer.

This one a shocking waste of money, and had I not got mine at a steep discount, I would return it. I only gave it a 2 for the ingredients.

Feh.