Shu Uemura Face Architect Smooth Fit Fluid Foundation

Shu Uemura Face Architect Smooth Fit Fluid Foundation
Face Architect Smooth Fit Fluid FoundationFace Architect Smooth Fit Fluid FoundationFace Architect Smooth Fit Fluid Foundation

3.8

on 4/5/2017 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

OH. MY. GOD. Another of my favourite foundations discontinued GRRRR.

This was my replacement for Dior Forever Flawless Fusion 011.The colour 974 light honey was a PERFECT match for my pale skin with yellowy olive undertone. This was pretty much equal to Dior with ever so slightly less coverage it may even have been better on the days my skin was good. Loved that it was unscented. Light - never felt like i was wearing make up, good coverage, buildable, never cakey, good on my dry spots and nose pores, didnt cling to peach fuzz, not dull, semi matte, didnt transfer.

Its nightmare time for me as I resume my quest for another decent foundation. Sob!!

The foundation is easy to blend with a flat top buffing brush. When patted in, it does not accentuate dry patches. Coverage can be build up but it doesn't look cake like most higher coverage foundation would look. It stays on for 6-8 hours on my oily T-zone after setting with my IT Cosmetic bye bye pores loose powder. Just needed to gently blot with a tissue paper once in the afternoon in the humid weather. The coverage over my dry flaky patches from acne and retin-a was not obvious. It is overall a good liquid foundation that I have fallen in love with again.

on 4/16/2015 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

a medium coverage foundation that is easily buildable.

first things:
pros-
there is spf in the foundation which is great
looks matte on my oily skin
staying power is good, it lasts about 7h. at the 2h mark, my t zone will begin to look oily
very nice packaging
no oxidizing, and have a perfect range of colours to suit asian skin tones

cons-
pump bottle means that its hard to get the small but substantial bit of the foundation out when its finishing. but its not too much of a hassle

on 2/15/2015 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have this is shade 365 which is a good match for my neutral nc25 skin. It's has some faults but I like it. The colour match is what attracted me the most and I tried it on in store with the concealer and powder but found the whole look too cakey. I usually go for full cover but this is medium. The finish is incredibly natural as it sinks well into skin and buffs to a smooth finish. It's doesn't pull flat matte but not dewy either. I also don't find it drying on my already desert like skin, though not hydrating either. As always, use a moisturiser and a primer. I don't need a setting powder with this but it does improve weartime. Alone it lasts for about 8 hours which can be extended to about 12 with primer and/or a good setting powder. I also use it over a heavy cream foundation that's too light and it fixes everything. It's non irritating, washes off easily but holds up in humidity. I'm at the end of the bottle and feel there is quite a bit of product left that's not pumping so I'll have to open it somehow. Will repurchase as I'm impressed with the colour match and smooth, natural finish.

on 12/7/2014 7:05:00 AM

I had high hopes for this foundation but was really disappointed. I have visible pores that I was hoping this would help disguise - it is called 'smooth fit' after all! unfortunately this foundation sat in my pores and made them look 100 times worse :(

I've tried it with the She Uemura mousse primer, without it, with a range of different moisturisers and sunscreens, as well as with my fingers and with my beauty blender and the result is always the same. It also makes my fine lines look worse. I really wanted to like this but it just doesn't work for me.

on 8/27/2014 1:27:00 PM

I tested this foundation today but I won't purchase. The finish is matte, not too flat, but on me it isn't natural but rather visible. My skin (dry-combination) is too dry for it, so at the end of the day my chin-area became a little patchy. It is very longlasting, that is a pro. From farther away, my skin still looks absolutely perfect. It also feels really nice, in fact I can't feel it at all. So if your skin is on the oilier side, give it a try.

on 4/16/2014 12:37:00 AM

Not bad, not bad at all, though think the price would be a lot more forgiving in Japan. As I live a zillion miles from there I had to make do with strawberry.net and it was a little more spendy than I thought it would be..

It's a beautiful foundation, light to medium with a build-able coverage, nice glass bottle fitted with a controllable pump (it wont blurt out a mega-ton like some of them do). 1 -2 pumps is more than adequate for a good coverage. Dries down quickly and with a light powder lasts the day. Gives off a natural and healthy/glowy (fresh not shiny) look.

My best application method has been a damp BB or the RT sponge and I enjoy pairing this foundation with TF Primed and Poreless powder for a nice finish.

Great foundation if you struggle to get a shade light enough. I'm NC15 and have this in 784 Fair Beige (yellow based) as I bought this online and was unable to swatch I think this would be better suited to NC10. I get away with this with a light bronzing or slightly tinted loose powder.

Got to love this foundation.
I have sensitive oily skin. It is very hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin type but this one is magic for me..
I had breakout after trying out MAC studio fixed. A friend recommended this to me for it is known for its light coverage and its not a heavy make up at all. it diminished my breakouts (or maybe because I was treating my acne also) but it did not cause any break out all.
it looks natural and it gives glow. I also used their compact foundation. i used 1 bottle for 10 months considering that use it everyday. (its worth the price). A little goes along way.
Also try their oil cleanser, blush on and nobara concealer.

on 3/26/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this out after reading through the reviews here at MUA. I have to say, this foundation is really good.

I currently use MUFE HD, and find that face architect is everything that MUFE HD is lacking.

- good for oily skin, shine breaks through only after 10 hours. That's a great accomplishment given my oily skin.
- the oil patches doesn't seem obvious, making it acceptable even if some oil does break through.
- light-weight, feels like I'm not wearing foundation at all.
- provides decent, buildable coverage. I would say the coverage is comparable to MUFE HD with 2 layers

I feel that this foundation is really suitable for oily skinned like myself, and I'm going to buy a full bottle to try out different application styles to achieve better coverage with 1 layer.

Edit: I recently changed my skincare products and my skin became drier. I can say that this product really doesn't suit dry skins.
- Clings onto dry patches and accentuates the pimples
- Turns yellow and patchy

It still covers well and leaves a smooth finish, which is why i still give it a 4. But I realise that it shine breaks through around the nose area around 7 hours, even when i'm in a non-humid area. But considering how light-weight it is, i would say it is still a good foundation, and i would buy it again in a different shade when my face goes back to being oily again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First foundation ive used. Stays on longer than bb creams. Looks natural