Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

3.3

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 7/19/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have: Oily, dehydrated skin that is prone to blackheads on my chin and a few on my cheeks. I exfoliate regularly & use high quality skincare.

I cannot say if this is a good or bad product on its own. I do know that it helps seal in moisture throughout the day when it's used with another serum on top, followed by a cream moisturizer and or sealed with a high quality facial oil. This helps my skin stay hydrated for a longer period of time and I can see a very subtle plumpness but there is definitely no long-term benefit of this product. Essentially, I use it as a toner or to really build up a layer of serious moisture. I think it's false advertising to say this is a serum.

As for other aspects of the product:
It's a very thin liquid that smells like fresh grape leaves, is a milky white color, and comes in a glass bottle with a pump. The packaging looks great but the product is way to expensive for what you get. Giving it a two because of the pleasant experience and I can see a subtle plumpness. I won't purchase again. I used the entire bottle.

on 6/18/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

My skin is instantly plump after this, gets deep inside my skin because it's watery and just yummy, so far I really like it, instantly brighter skin.

on 12/23/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

While not the worst serum I have ever tried, it's FAR from the best. I am totally unimpressed by this product.

This was way too thin and I had no noticeble moisture or benefits at all (I used it for 2 weeks). While I love the idea of using products with Resveratrol in them but the issue with this product (and line honestly) is that it doesn't have enough in it to do anything at all. I think I'd be a lot better off rubbing a good organic red wine into my face as a treatment mask, washing off and adding a nice moisturizer. Yeah, not for me at all. Glad I had/used my deluxe sample instead of purchasing this at $50 or I woulda been mad as heck!

on 4/11/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have combination acne prone skin which makes it tough to find a good balance, a few more aggressive acne fighting products and the skin feels tight and uncomfortable while richer formulas are not even an option. Le sigh...

Pros of this Caudalie serum:
* Does feel hydrating and dethirsting
* Sinks in instantly
* Skin is left calm, plump and pampered
* Light non sticky texture
* No skin irritation or breakouts
* Nice scent
* Convenient packaging
* A pump is enough for one application

Cons:
* Price
* Might be too heavily fragranced for some
* The hydrating effect doesn't last the whole day

Overall I'm pleased with SOS serum and apply it every morning before my sunscreen but my favourite use of it is as a primer before heavier coverage matte foundations. They apply like a dream and the finish is much more natural without any added greasiness, especially when combined with a light spritz of Caudalie Eau de Raisin as a finishing touch. I would consider it a staple for this alone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I know it can be a bit steep but this is a saviour product. For the quality of the product the price is reasonable. This is possibly one of my favourite products of all time. I got it in a glossy box a while ago and was surprised at 1. how amazing it is and 2. how long it lasts. That sample lasted me half a year - I didn't use it all the time, only when my skin was feeling particularly dry and tight. As soon as I had the money I bought it straight away.

I am so happy with it. My skin is quite dry and prone to a few spots here and there. Before I started using this product my skin was getting progressively drier with the start of winter. My skin is ridiculously better now, I love it so much. I can't actually recommend this enough. Brilliant product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have dry/combination skin that breaks out around the jawline pretty regularly. I figured the breakouts stopped when I stopped moisturising beneath my sunscreen (Badger Damascus Rose Face Sunscreen SPF 16). However, with the sunscreen alone, my skin was drying out majorly. On a whim, I swooped down on Sephora and picked up this set of three with the S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum, Grape Water and Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet for SG$69. You just can't go wrong with Caudalie, okay. If anything, I've known it to never make the condition worse.

Right after cleansing, I put this one. Its a very runny liquid that spreads evenly on your skin and dries pretty quickly. Didn't feel too tacky and sunscreen went on beautifully on top of that. I finish off with powder foundation.

EDIT: After 2 months of use, I say this too creates small and sparse whiteheads on my face, especially near my chin, jawline and cheek. Not using this product anymore.