Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.2

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 1/31/2018 8:39:00 AM

I actually love this serum. I use one pump twice a day under my Shiseido Bio-Performance Revitalizing cream. It adds the hydration I need but can be slightly pore clogging if I use more than the one pump so I don't over do it. Keep in mind I have extremely picky skin. My only complaint is how quickly I go through a bottle and it's not cheap. This product is the sole reason I am a Sephora VIB Rouge. I'd rather skip the Rouge status and save some money but since so many products either don't hydrate at all or break me out I'll keep using it until I find something better.

on 1/19/2016 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am using this serum mornings and evenings with Caudelie Vinosource Recovery cream.
It does really help to moisture skin better. It leaves my skin calm, with no irritations and breakouts. However, I don't think it will work for someone with very dry and dehydrated skin. Sometimes I was feeling like there was not enough moisture for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Much like the reviewer below, I love this serum, but hate the price! I got it just a month ago (after researching in many places including here) and I am halfway through my bottle. I try to spread that one pump of it as much as I can! I I am dehydrated, but combination AND sensitive, so while I had a lot of problematic peeling areas in my forehead, chin and really noticeable expression marks because of the dryness in my mouth area, I also had super oily cheeks. So I looked up a serum that was oil-free specifically for dehydrated skin and a moisturizer for sensitive, combination skin. I have been using this along with the Nuxe Crme Frache de Beaut Light for combination skin day and night and my skin hasn't felt this good in ages. It feels soft, plump, doesn't peel, is looking considerably less oily and my makeup looks amazing on top of it.

Problem is the combination of the two comes at over 50 and while I know many people spend that on one serum alone...I can't possibly afford it.

I think I might repurchase it but only use it at night and look up a lighter serum for the daytime, because I have fallen in love, but my skin is feeling so much better now so I can probably get away with using it once a day.

on 11/26/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank goodness for MUA reviews! I've been fighting with my dry, dehydrated skin for the last few weeks (well, always, but more so lately) and was at my wit's end because I could barely wear foundation - it would cake, show my fine lines, and generally sap all moisture out of my skin.

Anyway... after a lot of research, I went to pick up a bottle of the SOS. I have been using it day and night as my serum, under my moisturizer. I have been exfoiliating a bit less frequently but using my same moisturizer routine. After a few days of dedicated use, my skin is actually glowing! No accentuated lines, no flaking, no caking. I'm very pleasantly surprised and plan to continue to use this until my skin is back in shape, at which point I will likely use it at night, or ever other night, in combination with a more active-ingredient based serum.

Update: I found I went through the bottle very quickly -- it lasted for just under two months. I applied it twice daily but thought I was being sparing. I will probably still re-purchase but may try to use it on an "as needed" and rescue basis if I'm able to whip my dry skin into shape with something else.

on 5/15/2014 11:22:00 AM

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora (first time I've received a sample in a Sephora store). I have very dry, dehydrated cheeks and an oily t-zone, but my skin is also somewhat sensitive. A winning combination. I find the texture of this to be similar to a light moisturizer, which is unusual for a serum, but the bottom line is that it isn't nearly moisturizing, or "quenching" enough for my cheeks.

on 3/11/2014 3:46:00 PM

My skin at the moment is dehydrated but oily so I said I give it a try and asked for samples.
I am not impressed- it didn't hydrate anything, didn't make anything smooth and it made my skin oilier on my T-zone.

on 11/18/2013 12:25:00 AM

This is one of the best skincare products I've ever used, and I've tried so many over the years. I started using this on a regular basis when my skin dried out really severely from using acne treatments. I had received a sample tube via Sephora VIB points and it was neglected until this point. With so many dry flakes and itchiness to my skin, I searched through my skincare collection to find something to help, as my usual moisturizer wasn't cutting it. I used this for about a week and my skin felt so relieved. No more dry flakes and it had helped level out the balance of my skin so much that I can't help but attribute this product to be partially what helped clear up my skin. Needless to say, I wanted to make sure to keep this product on hand. I ran through my sample size just in time for Sephora's VIB sale and picked this up for 20% off. It also included a matching eye serum as a bonus which I like, but haven't used long enough to fully appreciate yet.
Since using it for about three weeks my skin is very smooth, hydrated, even and clear!
I use it morning and night, sometimes using Mario Badescu Buffering lotion underneath if I have a spot, and then follow with Cremo moisturizer over the serum. I'm really liking this combination and I can't see myself straying from this anytime soon.
I will say that it's not the cheapest, although it could be a lot more expensive. The packaging is great, without a pump I would use way too much but I really only need a single pump of this to cover my whole face and neck. So glad that I decided to finally use up some of my points on the sample kit with this, otherwise I'm pretty sure it would remain a hidden gem from me in the midst of all the high end skincare products at Sephora.

on 10/2/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've recently taken it upon myself to be a more conscious consumer when it comes to animal tested products. And so, I've ceased buying many of my usual favourite products ( MAC, URBAN DECAY, ESTEE LAUDER, etc), in favour of CRUELTY FREE products.

Glad to report: CAUDALIE is not animal tested.
I decided to give this serum a go, after having IPL done to my face for hyper-pigmentation.
I needed a moisturizer and tried this one in Sephora and instantly loved the pleasant sent and texture.

The texture if very milky and light and my skin absorbs in quickly.
It feels incredible going on and my skin truly DRINKS THIS UP. It truly is a QUENCHING sérum! I love how it feels as it's applied and hours after. I do reapply a few times a day while I am "healing" from the IPL. I imagine, this isn't dense enough for harsh Canadian winters, but for now, it's perfect. LOVE the scent. Would certainlly buy this again and even try some other products from the same line.

I seem to be the only reviewer who broke out from this. I loved the way it made my skin look and feel up until I broke out after using it for less than a week. I generally use unscented products on my face, so my perception that this scent was both strong and that it stayed noticeable all day might not be the same as those of other users.

the first time I tried this product I immediately understood why it was called 'thirst quenching'. my skin literally drank it up and instantly felt hydrated. in the drier months I use this as directed which is to use it under a moisturizer. however, because of how lightweight yet effective this serum is, in the summer months, I use this alone as my moisturizer. my skin is left quenched but never greasy and that's exactly what i'm looking for. the price is pretty hard to swallow at first but you don't even need a full pump of this for your entire face so the product does last. the only thing I don't like? the glass bottle. it definitely gives it a luxe feel but it also brings on anxiety while traveling with it.