Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.5

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 1/19/2016 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am using this serum mornings and evenings with Caudelie Vinosource Recovery cream.
It does really help to moisture skin better. It leaves my skin calm, with no irritations and breakouts. However, I don't think it will work for someone with very dry and dehydrated skin. Sometimes I was feeling like there was not enough moisture for me.

on 4/11/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have combination acne prone skin which makes it tough to find a good balance, a few more aggressive acne fighting products and the skin feels tight and uncomfortable while richer formulas are not even an option. Le sigh...

Pros of this Caudalie serum:
* Does feel hydrating and dethirsting
* Sinks in instantly
* Skin is left calm, plump and pampered
* Light non sticky texture
* No skin irritation or breakouts
* Nice scent
* Convenient packaging
* A pump is enough for one application

Cons:
* Price
* Might be too heavily fragranced for some
* The hydrating effect doesn't last the whole day

Overall I'm pleased with SOS serum and apply it every morning before my sunscreen but my favourite use of it is as a primer before heavier coverage matte foundations. They apply like a dream and the finish is much more natural without any added greasiness, especially when combined with a light spritz of Caudalie Eau de Raisin as a finishing touch. I would consider it a staple for this alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Much like the reviewer below, I love this serum, but hate the price! I got it just a month ago (after researching in many places including here) and I am halfway through my bottle. I try to spread that one pump of it as much as I can! I I am dehydrated, but combination AND sensitive, so while I had a lot of problematic peeling areas in my forehead, chin and really noticeable expression marks because of the dryness in my mouth area, I also had super oily cheeks. So I looked up a serum that was oil-free specifically for dehydrated skin and a moisturizer for sensitive, combination skin. I have been using this along with the Nuxe Crme Frache de Beaut Light for combination skin day and night and my skin hasn't felt this good in ages. It feels soft, plump, doesn't peel, is looking considerably less oily and my makeup looks amazing on top of it.

Problem is the combination of the two comes at over 50 and while I know many people spend that on one serum alone...I can't possibly afford it.

I think I might repurchase it but only use it at night and look up a lighter serum for the daytime, because I have fallen in love, but my skin is feeling so much better now so I can probably get away with using it once a day.

It does what it says on the bottle - moisturise! Smells good and is easily absorbed. I like it because it has given my dehydrated skin the moisture it needed.

HOWEVER, the bottle does not last very long at all. It's been 4 weeks and I'm almost done with the bottle! I use it twice a day, one pump each time... I'll be looking for other serums when this is done. Not that this isn't good, but I would it has solved my dehydrated skin and I would like to try some other serums with additional benefits (anti-ageing, brightening skin etc.).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

First off, I have oily skin that gets dried out in winter. (Combo of age and super cold winters.) I also have issues with eczema. I really like this serum for the reason that it sinks right in and makes my skin soft without a greasy residue or heavy feeling.

Actually, I have been really enjoying Caudalie's Vinosource line in general. But, this serum has been really fantastic this winter with keeping my skin from getting overly dry. In the summer months, I will use it alone as a night time moisturizer but in the winter will layer it with another cream.

The packaging is nice. The dropper works well. I took off a lippie for a glass bottle. If I ever dropped it, it would be a goner.

I do plan on repurchasing when I am out, which will be soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm 25, with sensitive combination skin, and a few months back I had the worst break-out of my life (way worse than anything I'd had in my teens) due to stress. I had big, painful blemishes and inflammation all over my face. This serum, together with the vinosource moisturizing sorbet, saved my skin.
It's sooo hydrating and soothing, and the scent is very lovely and light. Almost feels like you're adding water directly into your skin. The texture is very light and almost watery and it sinks quickly into the skin. It leaves my skin feeling super refreshed!
In the first couple of weeks, when my skin was at it's worst, it really helped calm the irritation and redness (it felt very cooling).
Now I still use it day and night and my skin is loving it :)

on 10/4/2013 12:49:00 AM

I have tried all sorts of serums with all sorts of claims. working in Beauty you tend to get a lot of samples etc... that give you hopes of transformed skin. Well let me tell you this serum is a game changer! I have been using it seriously for 7 days and I have noticed a change in my skins moisture, tone, and texture. It is light and my skin just drinks it in, SOS is beautiful layered unsder my daily moisturizer (Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet Creme) and already I am noticing plumper more even skin. I am going to purchase this again, and again, and again. Fair skinned Sensitive (seasonal allergy related) Can be oily in the Tzone Loves Doll like skin

on 3/14/2013 8:21:00 PM

Pros: smell is divine, texture is very light, absorbs quickly, one of the best packaging I've had

Cons: like another comment said, it goes on pretty fast compared with other serums, probably because of the texture.

I like this product, but overall I could not see that much effect on my dehydrated skin.

on 2/17/2013 6:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

another great caudalie product! since i've been using this my skin is not only looking a lot more alive, it's also soothed, less redness and irritation and much finer texture. it just feels really soft. i use it morning and night after my toner and before my any moisturiser. my anyways dry skin also gets really dehydrated in the winter with all the central heating etc and this is helping me combat the effect and avoiding using mineral oil based creams since it preps my skin well for any following moisturiser. if you have sensitive/dehydrated/dull winter skin i highly recommend this serum!

on 2/6/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

It's a good serum. I bought it twice and sampled before I purchased which I always recommend especially for super sensitive skin. It doesn't irritate me. It actually soothed and calmed my skin down after a particularly bad reaction to LPR Cicaplast. I used it in conjuction with Caudalie's moisturising cream mask which is a great product, to heal my skin. Being very sensitive to perfumed products, I was surprised that the fragrance in this serum didn't cause me any trouble. It does get the hydration level of your skin up within a few days. I typically use it in the morning as I don't like to put on a lot of stuff at night. If you are really dry you may want to put an emollient cream on top, maybe on your dry areas like the cheeks. I sometimes use Allergenics cream for that purpose but once your moisture levels are up, you may not need it. I usually use it on its own. Pressing it on your skin seems to yield better results rather than rubbing it in. It's not cheap but as you need only little it's economical. Caudalie had a recent revamp of their line of products and although I'm not impressed with the change of formulation in some of their products, some good stuff also came out from their renewed line like this serum. Recommended especially for ppl with sensitive, dehydrated skin who dislike heavy products. Pump bottle is a plus.