Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.7

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 7/31/2013 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is oily but dehydrated, and these days I'm looking for a serum rather than a moisturizer. My first try was Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum, which is a Vitamin C serum. I was excited to try it because I knew it could potentially brighten my skin and boost sun protection with its antioxidants. I never used it long enough to see any benefits, but it was a nice hydrating serum. Unfortunately, it broke me out a bit so here I am.

This Caudalie serum has a milky consistency and sinks into the skin very easily. The scent is not strong and I find it pleasant, though scent is pretty personal. For my dehydrated oily skin, I would say this works pretty well. It hydrates without adding too much moisture, so it plays nice with my oiliness. And while I find that some moisturizers seem to sit on my skin and/or sink in just a little bit, this serum actually hydrates. I have no problems using other products on top of this serum, including makeup, so that is a plus.

Apparently, this serum also has some antioxidants, but I can't really comment on whether or not the quantity/quality is laudable.

The only thing, besides the price point ($49), is that this isn't the most hydrating serum. I think if you have truly dry skin, especially if it's also dehydrated, there are better options out there (like OHTS, which offers superior hydration).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really love this product, I use this in the am after washing and my skin feels calmer and smoother, definitely hydrated. Although I have really oily skin it has been dry and tight feeling lately so I tried this, I'm glad I did. The serum is very fluid and one pump covers my face and neck, it sinks right in. I will sometimes mix this serum in with my Vinexpert Firming Serum that I use at night if I need added moisture. And of course it is non-comedogenic which is a must for me, I will repurchase :)

on 11/16/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit- I've stopped buying this as a plain Hyaluronic Acid serum has the same effect. Reviva Labs is $10 ish for a 1 oz bottle and far more concentrated, it does the same job. I will admit that it does not feel as nice as the Caudalie when applied, but for what amounts to a $90 difference I'm ok with using the Reviva.

I've been using this in conjunction with the moisturizers and masque in the series for 6 or so months. We'd just moved a few states away, and the skin on my face was so uncomfortable- cystic acne, irritation, dryness, excessive patchy oily spots. I've had oily skin nearly all of my life so this was odd.
I love Caudalie products- they never irritate my skin, so we went Sephora to find something new. I was lucky enough that a Caudalie rep who really knew her stuff was there that day. She said that I had serious surface dehydration and recommended the serum in addition to the moisturizer. I tried the moisturizer alone and with a sample of the serum and I can honestly say- it makes a huge difference! my face is just happy with it. It really improves surface moisture and helps decrease the irritation. I'm on my 4th bottle at the moment, and use it twice daily. When I stop I have problems with my skin. The only complaint I have is that the remainder is difficult to get out of the glass bottle.

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image