Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.4

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 12/23/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

While not the worst serum I have ever tried, it's FAR from the best. I am totally unimpressed by this product.

This was way too thin and I had no noticeble moisture or benefits at all (I used it for 2 weeks). While I love the idea of using products with Resveratrol in them but the issue with this product (and line honestly) is that it doesn't have enough in it to do anything at all. I think I'd be a lot better off rubbing a good organic red wine into my face as a treatment mask, washing off and adding a nice moisturizer. Yeah, not for me at all. Glad I had/used my deluxe sample instead of purchasing this at $50 or I woulda been mad as heck!

on 11/26/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank goodness for MUA reviews! I've been fighting with my dry, dehydrated skin for the last few weeks (well, always, but more so lately) and was at my wit's end because I could barely wear foundation - it would cake, show my fine lines, and generally sap all moisture out of my skin.

Anyway... after a lot of research, I went to pick up a bottle of the SOS. I have been using it day and night as my serum, under my moisturizer. I have been exfoiliating a bit less frequently but using my same moisturizer routine. After a few days of dedicated use, my skin is actually glowing! No accentuated lines, no flaking, no caking. I'm very pleasantly surprised and plan to continue to use this until my skin is back in shape, at which point I will likely use it at night, or ever other night, in combination with a more active-ingredient based serum.

Update: I found I went through the bottle very quickly -- it lasted for just under two months. I applied it twice daily but thought I was being sparing. I will probably still re-purchase but may try to use it on an "as needed" and rescue basis if I'm able to whip my dry skin into shape with something else.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is magic! I'm usually super skeptical, particularly of natural/botanical lines, but I am so impressed by this product. I got this in gratis (I work at sephora, but my opinions are my own). This does exactly what it says, it hydrates. Sounds simple enough, but so many hydrating products don't hydrate. I love chemical exfoliants and you must hydrate skin after doing chemical masks/peels/scrubs. I have normal to dry skin, with redness and sun damage. The amazing thing about this product is that 1) it does what it says, it hydrates without stinging, burning or making my skin red; 2) it's easy to use, one pump for face, neck and chest; 3) nice packaging, not bulky or overly fancy; 4) it plays well with others, I.e., I can put any moisturizer, primer, ss, or foundation on top of it without peeling, pilling, or patchiness (this is my pet peeve as I do wear 7 layers of goop on my face at any given moment); and, 5) it smells amazing, a lightly scented spa smell (I enjoy good fragrance in my skincare, it doesn't irritate my skin, I realize it's not necessary, but what is "necessary"?). When I run out (which won't be for a while, I've been using it day and night for a month and maybe an eighth is used up? I don't apply at night 1x a week when I do an overnight moisture mask) I will pay for a bottle, I would pay twice retail for this quiet magic in a bottle. And yes, unless you're not dehydrated much and you're oily all over, you still need a moisturizer on top! Luckily this stuff pairs well with all kinds of moisturizers, gel based, shea butter based, wax based, cream, oils, etc.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I know it can be a bit steep but this is a saviour product. For the quality of the product the price is reasonable. This is possibly one of my favourite products of all time. I got it in a glossy box a while ago and was surprised at 1. how amazing it is and 2. how long it lasts. That sample lasted me half a year - I didn't use it all the time, only when my skin was feeling particularly dry and tight. As soon as I had the money I bought it straight away.

I am so happy with it. My skin is quite dry and prone to a few spots here and there. Before I started using this product my skin was getting progressively drier with the start of winter. My skin is ridiculously better now, I love it so much. I can't actually recommend this enough. Brilliant product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Two words- Life Changing. I just purchased my second bottle, because I'm getting a little low in my first bottle and I'm scared of running out. I bought this when I was trying to find my way with skin care. I have tons of dryness, flakes, and surface redness. A sephora SA req'd this to me to help.

I use this twice a day. When I first started, I needed two pumps because my skin would totally drink this up. But now, I just need one pump twice a day. The change is subtle but amazing. I have no more flakes, and the redness is nearly gone. I still have the winter dry skin, but it no longer feels dehydrated.

I feel like the rest of my skin care is interchangeable and a work in progress, but this serum will remain a staple in my routine.

on 4/17/2013 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

A little pricey but certainly worth it if you have dehydrated skin naturally. I apply a tiny pea size amount to my face after cleansing and toning. Its extremely light and absorbs very very fast (the toner probably helps speed this up too - i like to leave the toner damp on my face and apply the serum directly on top). then I follow it with my favourite face cream. The final result is soft, dewy skin with a healthy glow. It looks very natural. Not greasy or heavy at all. Would buy again.
Note: I use Vichy Purete-thermale Soothing Toner for dry/sensitive skin. Its a great alcohol-free toner and pairs very well with this serum.

on 1/7/2013 11:46:00 AM

I have had dry skin forever and am prone to eczema and can develop patches around my eyes if they get watery around hayfever season. I'd try various serums and whilst some like Vichy aqualia thermal were quite good they just never seemed quite hydrating enough for my thirsty skin.When travelling for work in Paris in November in cold weather and my skin getting tighter and more uncomfortable by the day I thought I'd try Caudalie's vinosource range. This serum is amazing my skin has felt normal in a way that I've never experienced before. Even having a cold with a constantly running nose my skin has still not dried out. I can not recommend highly enough for those with sensitive dry skin. Do try with the moisture recovery cream as well for happy moisturised skin.