Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.4

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

A very good hydrating serum, lightweight yet powerfull. I like to use it in winter, when my skin tends to the dry side. It's very similar to Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum, which does the same thing for a lesser price.

on 4/11/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have combination acne prone skin which makes it tough to find a good balance, a few more aggressive acne fighting products and the skin feels tight and uncomfortable while richer formulas are not even an option. Le sigh...

Pros of this Caudalie serum:
* Does feel hydrating and dethirsting
* Sinks in instantly
* Skin is left calm, plump and pampered
* Light non sticky texture
* No skin irritation or breakouts
* Nice scent
* Convenient packaging
* A pump is enough for one application

Cons:
* Price
* Might be too heavily fragranced for some
* The hydrating effect doesn't last the whole day

Overall I'm pleased with SOS serum and apply it every morning before my sunscreen but my favourite use of it is as a primer before heavier coverage matte foundations. They apply like a dream and the finish is much more natural without any added greasiness, especially when combined with a light spritz of Caudalie Eau de Raisin as a finishing touch. I would consider it a staple for this alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Much like the reviewer below, I love this serum, but hate the price! I got it just a month ago (after researching in many places including here) and I am halfway through my bottle. I try to spread that one pump of it as much as I can! I I am dehydrated, but combination AND sensitive, so while I had a lot of problematic peeling areas in my forehead, chin and really noticeable expression marks because of the dryness in my mouth area, I also had super oily cheeks. So I looked up a serum that was oil-free specifically for dehydrated skin and a moisturizer for sensitive, combination skin. I have been using this along with the Nuxe Crme Frache de Beaut Light for combination skin day and night and my skin hasn't felt this good in ages. It feels soft, plump, doesn't peel, is looking considerably less oily and my makeup looks amazing on top of it.

Problem is the combination of the two comes at over 50 and while I know many people spend that on one serum alone...I can't possibly afford it.

I think I might repurchase it but only use it at night and look up a lighter serum for the daytime, because I have fallen in love, but my skin is feeling so much better now so I can probably get away with using it once a day.

on 11/26/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank goodness for MUA reviews! I've been fighting with my dry, dehydrated skin for the last few weeks (well, always, but more so lately) and was at my wit's end because I could barely wear foundation - it would cake, show my fine lines, and generally sap all moisture out of my skin.

Anyway... after a lot of research, I went to pick up a bottle of the SOS. I have been using it day and night as my serum, under my moisturizer. I have been exfoiliating a bit less frequently but using my same moisturizer routine. After a few days of dedicated use, my skin is actually glowing! No accentuated lines, no flaking, no caking. I'm very pleasantly surprised and plan to continue to use this until my skin is back in shape, at which point I will likely use it at night, or ever other night, in combination with a more active-ingredient based serum.

Update: I found I went through the bottle very quickly -- it lasted for just under two months. I applied it twice daily but thought I was being sparing. I will probably still re-purchase but may try to use it on an "as needed" and rescue basis if I'm able to whip my dry skin into shape with something else.

on 10/4/2014 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm not sure if I would repurchase this at this point. I've been using it since May. Yes, my bottle has lasted me for about five months and I've just reached the halfway mark.
I don't have dry skin, and I'm not really sure if it's dehydrated. It's oily and acne prone. However, despite me having oily skin, I still add hydrating products to my skin after I learned that stripping your skin and not adding sufficient hydration makes it oilier. Anyway! I wanted to try out a serum and tested this out in the store and it seemed light enough for my needs. I use this only once a day- in the evening and I follow up with an oil (Vitamin E Oil from The Body Shop or Josie Maran Argan Oil) as a moisturizer after this and I find it works very well, but it might be an unnecessary (and quite expensive) step. I'm not in a situation where I can spend $65 on something that I'm not sure is doing anything.
My skin didn't have any reactions to this such as acne or anything like that. I found something that seems very similar in texture from The Body Shop called "Nutriganics Smoothing Serum" due to Caroline Hirons. To be quite honest, The Body Shop product probably works just as well for me, but I suppose we'll see after I run out of this Caudalie product to see if my skin really misses it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is magic! I'm usually super skeptical, particularly of natural/botanical lines, but I am so impressed by this product. I got this in gratis (I work at sephora, but my opinions are my own). This does exactly what it says, it hydrates. Sounds simple enough, but so many hydrating products don't hydrate. I love chemical exfoliants and you must hydrate skin after doing chemical masks/peels/scrubs. I have normal to dry skin, with redness and sun damage. The amazing thing about this product is that 1) it does what it says, it hydrates without stinging, burning or making my skin red; 2) it's easy to use, one pump for face, neck and chest; 3) nice packaging, not bulky or overly fancy; 4) it plays well with others, I.e., I can put any moisturizer, primer, ss, or foundation on top of it without peeling, pilling, or patchiness (this is my pet peeve as I do wear 7 layers of goop on my face at any given moment); and, 5) it smells amazing, a lightly scented spa smell (I enjoy good fragrance in my skincare, it doesn't irritate my skin, I realize it's not necessary, but what is "necessary"?). When I run out (which won't be for a while, I've been using it day and night for a month and maybe an eighth is used up? I don't apply at night 1x a week when I do an overnight moisture mask) I will pay for a bottle, I would pay twice retail for this quiet magic in a bottle. And yes, unless you're not dehydrated much and you're oily all over, you still need a moisturizer on top! Luckily this stuff pairs well with all kinds of moisturizers, gel based, shea butter based, wax based, cream, oils, etc.

on 5/15/2014 11:22:00 AM

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora (first time I've received a sample in a Sephora store). I have very dry, dehydrated cheeks and an oily t-zone, but my skin is also somewhat sensitive. A winning combination. I find the texture of this to be similar to a light moisturizer, which is unusual for a serum, but the bottom line is that it isn't nearly moisturizing, or "quenching" enough for my cheeks.

It does what it says on the bottle - moisturise! Smells good and is easily absorbed. I like it because it has given my dehydrated skin the moisture it needed.

HOWEVER, the bottle does not last very long at all. It's been 4 weeks and I'm almost done with the bottle! I use it twice a day, one pump each time... I'll be looking for other serums when this is done. Not that this isn't good, but I would it has solved my dehydrated skin and I would like to try some other serums with additional benefits (anti-ageing, brightening skin etc.).

on 3/11/2014 3:46:00 PM

My skin at the moment is dehydrated but oily so I said I give it a try and asked for samples.
I am not impressed- it didn't hydrate anything, didn't make anything smooth and it made my skin oilier on my T-zone.

This is working wonderfully well on my oily but dehydrated skin. It is evening everything out, and definitely is acting like a cool drink of water on the more parched areas of my skin.