Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Filtered by age: 25-29
Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

3.7

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 11/20/2017 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't recommend this product. I was happy with my skins texture and thought to myself this product will definitely improve it more..but after using this ive realized i have developed large pores and uneven skin.

on 7/19/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have: Oily, dehydrated skin that is prone to blackheads on my chin and a few on my cheeks. I exfoliate regularly & use high quality skincare.

I cannot say if this is a good or bad product on its own. I do know that it helps seal in moisture throughout the day when it's used with another serum on top, followed by a cream moisturizer and or sealed with a high quality facial oil. This helps my skin stay hydrated for a longer period of time and I can see a very subtle plumpness but there is definitely no long-term benefit of this product. Essentially, I use it as a toner or to really build up a layer of serious moisture. I think it's false advertising to say this is a serum.

As for other aspects of the product:
It's a very thin liquid that smells like fresh grape leaves, is a milky white color, and comes in a glass bottle with a pump. The packaging looks great but the product is way to expensive for what you get. Giving it a two because of the pleasant experience and I can see a subtle plumpness. I won't purchase again. I used the entire bottle.

on 4/16/2015 3:24:00 PM

Hydration saver for the cold months.
I bought it two times in fall and it lasts up to late spring.
I apply right after toner while skin is still damp so I use half of pump.
Didn't clog my pores and didn't cause any sensitivity problems.

My skin is combination: oily T-zone, dry cheeks, very dehydrated during colder months, prone to pores clogging

For comparison: this was for me much better than Caudalie vinoperfect serum, Vichy idealia, Vichy Aqualia Thermal and The body shop vitamin E serum.

If I don't find something cheaper that I love as much as I do this, I'll repurchase next fall.

EDIT: tried Laneige Water Bank essence which is an amazing replacement for this and is much cheaper, otherwise the performace is the same.

on 4/11/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have combination acne prone skin which makes it tough to find a good balance, a few more aggressive acne fighting products and the skin feels tight and uncomfortable while richer formulas are not even an option. Le sigh...

Pros of this Caudalie serum:
* Does feel hydrating and dethirsting
* Sinks in instantly
* Skin is left calm, plump and pampered
* Light non sticky texture
* No skin irritation or breakouts
* Nice scent
* Convenient packaging
* A pump is enough for one application

Cons:
* Price
* Might be too heavily fragranced for some
* The hydrating effect doesn't last the whole day

Overall I'm pleased with SOS serum and apply it every morning before my sunscreen but my favourite use of it is as a primer before heavier coverage matte foundations. They apply like a dream and the finish is much more natural without any added greasiness, especially when combined with a light spritz of Caudalie Eau de Raisin as a finishing touch. I would consider it a staple for this alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Much like the reviewer below, I love this serum, but hate the price! I got it just a month ago (after researching in many places including here) and I am halfway through my bottle. I try to spread that one pump of it as much as I can! I I am dehydrated, but combination AND sensitive, so while I had a lot of problematic peeling areas in my forehead, chin and really noticeable expression marks because of the dryness in my mouth area, I also had super oily cheeks. So I looked up a serum that was oil-free specifically for dehydrated skin and a moisturizer for sensitive, combination skin. I have been using this along with the Nuxe Crme Frache de Beaut Light for combination skin day and night and my skin hasn't felt this good in ages. It feels soft, plump, doesn't peel, is looking considerably less oily and my makeup looks amazing on top of it.

Problem is the combination of the two comes at over 50 and while I know many people spend that on one serum alone...I can't possibly afford it.

I think I might repurchase it but only use it at night and look up a lighter serum for the daytime, because I have fallen in love, but my skin is feeling so much better now so I can probably get away with using it once a day.

on 8/28/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Well nothing hydrates the skin like the way hyaluronic acid does, but the problem with this serum is that you don't actually "see" that your skin has been hydrated.If you have dry-combination skin ,you might even get some bumps on the dry areas where the skin feels tight on the surface . I think it's better to mix it with another oil-free cream of Caudalie to get a thicker consistency that would create a barrier on the skin.
Many have considered this to be a life saver so it's hard to speak for others with different skin condition . I still believe that HA is a key ingredient in moisturizers .

on 3/11/2014 3:46:00 PM

My skin at the moment is dehydrated but oily so I said I give it a try and asked for samples.
I am not impressed- it didn't hydrate anything, didn't make anything smooth and it made my skin oilier on my T-zone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm 25, with sensitive combination skin, and a few months back I had the worst break-out of my life (way worse than anything I'd had in my teens) due to stress. I had big, painful blemishes and inflammation all over my face. This serum, together with the vinosource moisturizing sorbet, saved my skin.
It's sooo hydrating and soothing, and the scent is very lovely and light. Almost feels like you're adding water directly into your skin. The texture is very light and almost watery and it sinks quickly into the skin. It leaves my skin feeling super refreshed!
In the first couple of weeks, when my skin was at it's worst, it really helped calm the irritation and redness (it felt very cooling).
Now I still use it day and night and my skin is loving it :)

on 11/18/2013 12:25:00 AM

This is one of the best skincare products I've ever used, and I've tried so many over the years. I started using this on a regular basis when my skin dried out really severely from using acne treatments. I had received a sample tube via Sephora VIB points and it was neglected until this point. With so many dry flakes and itchiness to my skin, I searched through my skincare collection to find something to help, as my usual moisturizer wasn't cutting it. I used this for about a week and my skin felt so relieved. No more dry flakes and it had helped level out the balance of my skin so much that I can't help but attribute this product to be partially what helped clear up my skin. Needless to say, I wanted to make sure to keep this product on hand. I ran through my sample size just in time for Sephora's VIB sale and picked this up for 20% off. It also included a matching eye serum as a bonus which I like, but haven't used long enough to fully appreciate yet.
Since using it for about three weeks my skin is very smooth, hydrated, even and clear!
I use it morning and night, sometimes using Mario Badescu Buffering lotion underneath if I have a spot, and then follow with Cremo moisturizer over the serum. I'm really liking this combination and I can't see myself straying from this anytime soon.
I will say that it's not the cheapest, although it could be a lot more expensive. The packaging is great, without a pump I would use way too much but I really only need a single pump of this to cover my whole face and neck. So glad that I decided to finally use up some of my points on the sample kit with this, otherwise I'm pretty sure it would remain a hidden gem from me in the midst of all the high end skincare products at Sephora.

on 10/4/2013 12:49:00 AM

I have tried all sorts of serums with all sorts of claims. working in Beauty you tend to get a lot of samples etc... that give you hopes of transformed skin. Well let me tell you this serum is a game changer! I have been using it seriously for 7 days and I have noticed a change in my skins moisture, tone, and texture. It is light and my skin just drinks it in, SOS is beautiful layered unsder my daily moisturizer (Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet Creme) and already I am noticing plumper more even skin. I am going to purchase this again, and again, and again. Fair skinned Sensitive (seasonal allergy related) Can be oily in the Tzone Loves Doll like skin