Up & Up Smoothing Shave Gel with Soy

Up & Up Smoothing Shave Gel with Soy

3.3

on 5/12/2013 10:23:00 PM

Works just fine for my legs, but my bikini area is another story. The first time I used it, I experienced razor burn, which has never happened to me before. I chalked it up to an old razor and forgot about it. I let the area heal up completely and used the same shave gel and a new razor (a kind I've used millions of times w/o problems). Once again, insane razor burn and interrupted swimsuit or romantic plans. The shave gel is the only reasonable explanation for the problem. Too bad, since I assumed it would be especially gentle. Back to Skintimate!

I love this shave gel after trying so many shave gels this is the best it smells nice goes on like butter and no nicks or razor burn !awesome

To Read all 3 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/16/2012 10:59:00 AM

This is the Target house brand that is supposed to be comparable to Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel, which I haven't tried. I picked this up thinking it was just the "natural" version of Up & Up's shave cream. It wasn't until the next day in the shower when I realized I didn't need to shave that I actually read the container and saw that it's supposed to keep legs smoother for longer! I typically shave every morning but can go every other morning now without seeing much of a difference. The gel isn't as thick as the cream I'm used to using, so I did nick myself the first couple of times I used it--but that's not a problem with the product and I only mention that as a caution to others who may switch from a thicker cream. The product does what it says it will and is reasonably priced, so I'd definitely recommend it.