Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil Conditioner

3.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol

on 1/16/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have found my holy grail for shampoo/conditioner. This stuff is so amazing that I literally no longer feel the need to do a weekly deep conditioning mask! The smell is divine, the price isn't all that daunting when you consider the quality, and my hair has never been happier! I have fine, dry hair and have always found myself on the market for new hair products time and time again as no products that I have tried before have ever truly made my hair feel healthy and beautiful like this one has! I have no complaints with this product and I will most certainly be buying it again!

on 12/21/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Everything about this conditioner reads as a success for coarse or dry, thick, and curly frizz prone hair. On paper, this should have been pretty awesome, but it turned out to be rather lackluster, average, and given how it advertised (yet didn't deliver as such) quite disappointing. This is a very "meh", just there type conditioner.

I dunno if this contains a bunch of proteins which I am not recognizing in the ingredients list or what, but upon application, this makes the hair feel terrible and tangled. Maybe this isn't the case for other hair types but it certainly was for me (a Puerto Rican with thick curls prone to dryness). No slip what so ever, and nothing that screamed "oils are in here!" at all. When rinsed my hair felt way dryer than it should have; once dry, my curls lacked definition and I had major frizz (air dried and didn't even leave the house so dunno where the frizz came from). Now mind you, the smell was divine and once my hair dried it WAS really soft; however, had I needed to go out in the winter air/rain, I would have needed to add/use a controlling product to not add to the frizz factor, which would have negated any softness or scent LOL. Given that, this product was a bust. I can use this up as a sort of softening enhancer product at night during a bedtime shower, but I would have to re-condition with something better the next day to define and control. I won't be making the mistake of purchasing this again, nor would I rec to anyone with hair similar to mine.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

Love love love this conditioner!!! My new Holy Grail of conditioners! I have fine, thin hair that always looks coated when I use conditioners. But not with this stuff! My hair looks and feels soft, silky and hydrated. I've been using this everyday for a month (which is a big deal for me since after a week I look for new shampoo and conditioner) and have absolutely no build up!
It comes out of the bottle nice and thick. It has a light earthy floweral scent. I only leave it on my hair for 30 sec-1min then rinse. I've been getting tons of compliments on my hair which I never get. Love this stuff!!!! Haven't tried the shampoo yet because I use sulfate free poos but might give it a try if I need some added moisture.

on 11/2/2014 1:11:00 AM

I live in a humid city and makes my hair fizzy all the time. As always, I'm always look out any conditoner to smooth the fizziness and dry ends. As I had a great experience with Matrix Sleek Look, therefore I brought this without any hesitation.

Firstly, the conditoner smells divine. It has a very nice relaxing and orange scent. The scent lasts on my hair throughout the day.

Indeed, it helps my hair in terms of smoothness and softness. However, my hair is just as dry and fizzy. I've tried to applied more than the usual amount and leave in for 5 minutes but still the same results. It's not as good as I expected for my dry hair. I guess hunt down continues for the right conditioner.

on 7/21/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I would like to note that I bought a duo at State Beauty Supply; therefore, my price differentiates from most.

Cons:
Texture and density makes it hard to get out.

Pros:
SMELLS AMAZING
Makes my hair soft and frizz-free.

I love the conditioner and have yet to try the shampoo...I was using TIGI's Bedhead Urban Antidotes Level 3 Resurrection beforehand, but I'm glad I made the change.

on 7/6/2014 4:47:00 PM

I was very pleasantly surprised by this conditioner (and the corresponding shampoo) after purchasing it during a liter sale. I thought it the height of stupidity to purchase a liter of conditioner because as a general rule I am not lucky with conditioners that are supposed to "match" a shampoo. I have colored porous fine hair that is curly and so I need a conditioner with some gravitas to it. This conditioner has a wonderful fairly thick consistency that then works to actually help soak into the hair shaft, making it smooth and less frizzy after rinse out. Works well for my hair.

on 5/30/2014 10:19:00 PM

I tried a sample of this and was very pleased! It took away my fizziness and didn't weigh my hair down. I am shampooing the DIY way with baking soda and water,then a apple cider vinegar rinse. I apply this conditioner on the bottom half of my long,thick hair(not on scalp) for a few minutes then rinse. I have found I can go every other day to shampoo because I still have body the next day! Biolage shampoos have always seemed to be a good line , so I feel like I am using one of the best products for my hair. I got a good buy at Ulta with a coupon on the large size. Since it doesn't take much ,it will last a while. I am very pleased to find a conditioner that smooths, and adds shine, but doesn't take the volume out!

on 5/19/2014 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I use this with the matching shampoo. It leaves my fine, dry hair soft and managable. I would not repurchase because for the price, I can find cheaper alternataives that work just as well for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has a high amount of oils in it, yet it made my hair soft and super curly after my hair air-dried. My hair didn't feel greasy at all. It did take away some volume, but with my thick hair, sometimes I need it. I will not use this daily, except when I feel like my hair needs extra control or when I use my flat-iron. It definitely helps a lot with frizz, especially surface frizz. This has a slight lemony scent that is very light unlike the shampoo which I found it hard to pick up a scent for some reason. The trick is not to apply this conditioner too much to your scalp if you are prone to a greasy scalp like I am. This has a thick and rich consistency so you also don't have to use a lot either.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I only used this a few times, but definitely noticed a softness and shine to my hair that wasn't previously there. However, I've been using a few new products, including Alterna's bamboo oil and Fekkai PrX..this is definitely worth a shot if you have very dry and damaged hair. It's a little pricey, and personally I would recommend Fekkai PrX system over this! Would repurchase if on sale, though!