Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar - Grandma

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar - Grandma

1 review

on 11/15/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Okay so I received this item in a swap. It is the older packaging and not the newer. I like the newer style better. Also this is .27oz, where the newer ones are also larger in size.

I am a big fan of products that work and have 100% Vegan ingredients. This is one of them. This particular one is a semi matte finish, possibly matte, depending on your lips. It is long wearing. Now I wear lanolin under every lipstick because it keeps my lips from drying out and splitting and getting horribly flaky. It doesn't matter what lipstick I wear, if I put anything with color on my lips will dry out. So lanolin is my protection.

That said, OCC lip tars are drying. I own four colors. Anime, Hush, Momento, and This one. The lasting time is impressive, though with a balm underneath I do find that I need to reapply.

This is a Coral peach color. I think it is fantastic. My skin tone is a smiggen pink (Nc/NW 07-10, or exactly Nars Gobi for reference). I am not the biggest fan of bright colors with my features, and this color come close to being to bright, but it isn't. With lip tars a little goes a long long way, I barely use anything to get amazing color pay off. I see this lasting me a very long time. longer than any tube lipsticks.

As a side note, I tried this as a liquid/cream blush. Literally the smallest dot did both cheeks, stayed on for hours, and didn't move around (have combo, oily skin). I did this on a bare face, no primer, no foundation. I haven't tried it with, so the results my differ.

::edited:: I no longer use this product as I have found peppermint oil to be, in the long term, too drying for my lips T_T