Balea waterproof eye makeup remover

Balea  waterproof eye makeup remover

4.5

AQUA • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • ISOHEXADECANE • ISOPROPYL PALMITATE • PANTHENOL • SODIUM CHLORIDE • POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE • SODIUM BENZOATE • LEVULINIC ACID • GLYCERIN • SODIUM LEVULINATE • CI 61565.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use waterproof mascara and always find it's difficult to find a good makeup remover that 1- removes well my mascara 2- doesn't irritate my eyes. I bought Balea brand by chance since the brand can now be found in China. It does the job. It's cheap too.

on 10/16/2016 6:30:00 AM

Good and cheap.

on 6/11/2015 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been purchasing expensive cleansers for ages and never found one that is as effective and price friendly than the Balea Augen Make-up Entferner make up remover discovered at dm in Germany. Fantastic cleanser that you really do not need Chanel/Dior/Clarins etc...personally it does the trick and takes out so much more dirt that i have stocked up till my next trip to Germany! Love Balea Augen Make-Up Entferner - strong recommend tryingig it out.

on 12/2/2014 1:00:00 AM

I picked up the green bottle version from shoppers drug mart because it was on sale for $7.XX, so I thought I'd give this a try. Big disappointment! Although it did an okay job removing my waterproof eyeliner and cream eye shadow, it did nothing on the covergirl lash blast volume waterproof mascara. I had to rub so hard to a point where a few of my lashes fell off! The packaging is another big disappointment. I really appreciated the pump it came with, but it just didn't work! When you shake the bottle, product spills from the top, and when you pump product onto a cotton pad, it splashes everywhere. Poor removal power, poor packaging, not particularly cheap. Will not use again and definitely will not repurchase!

on 11/16/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I also purchased the green version of this from Shoppers Drug Mart (on sale for 3.99 and during a 20X the points event). I was looking for a "cheap and cheerful" alternative for the Lancome and Clarins eye makeup removers and Clinique's Take the Day Off - something I could use more liberally on an every day basis. First off, I love the packaging - that "push" dispenser that is so practical and not wasteful - no worry of spilling product. I love that this doesn't feel super-greasy or leave a really oily residue behind (unlike Take the Day Off) and that it's pretty effective. However, it's not the most thorough remover but it's not bad at all and if I have to go back in with a bit of extra product, well, let's just say it's not breaking the bank to do so. I do find it helpful to use a q-tip with a bit of remover to get right in at my bottom lashes but that's often the case with other removers too, depending on what I've been wearing. Another great feature of this remover is that it doesn't sting at all.

So, all in all, a really decent product at a hard to beat price. I'm planning to go back and get more - some for my daughter's Xmas stocking and some more for me as well. I'm not sure this will replace my more expensive removers but it sure comes pretty close.

UPDATE: After using this over the past month, I am not so thrilled - not with the product and not with the packaging. The packaging seems like it would be great but I realized that the "pump" in mine sticks in the "down/open" position. Since this product needs to be shaken well before use, I was getting splashes of product leaking out of the container and I couldn't understand why. Now I know that I have to make sure to pull the "pump/push thing" back into its upward position; by rights, it should just return to that position on its own but it doesn't, hence the leaking I experienced. Perhaps I got a slightly defective mechanism. Now that I know, it's not such a big deal but it's a bit annoying. More importantly, while this stuff takes off and eyeshadow and under-eye concealer well enough, I'm not finding that this removes my mascara as thoroughly or as gently as I'd hoped or even as well as it seemed to be doing the first few times I used it. I think I'll be sticking with my usual reliable products from Clarins, Lancome, Clinique and Bioderma. They all seem to do a much more effective job. I'm trying to change my "repurchase" to a NO, and don't seem able to do so!

on 6/27/2014 6:37:00 PM

The only con about this product is that it's hard to get outside of Germany.
This is my go to eye make-up remover that i always stock up on. Lots my friends love it,
only 1 of them finds this sensitive to her eyes and uses a Simple eye makeup remover instead. Funnily enough Simple irritates my eyes.

This is perfect, can't go wrong for the price! :)

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Shout out to MUA for this FIND!!!!!!
Ok I've been humming and hawing over a good makeup remover but the hawing comes from not wanting to spend high $$

I had used up all of my lancome samples. I went to Shoppers and this was on sale for $5.99 and like the other reviewers, it is the GREEN bottle I'm reviewing. This stuff rocks. Works as good as high end. Love the pump, you push your pad down on it. Leave on the eyelid a few seconds and wipe away. It does not irritate my highly sensitive eyes. Next time these go on sale in stocking up!!

Highly highly recommend based on mega effectiveness and super duper cheapness ;) it's a winner

on 5/6/2014 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This truly is the most effective eyemakeup remover I've tried so far. It is very important to me that I be able to remove my makeup, mascara and all, very quickly and easily at night without stinging my eyes. This definitely does the job on all counts. It disolves my eye makeup without me having to tug, doesn't dry out my eye area and doesn't irritate my eyes.
I love it and will continue to repurchase!

I LOVE this makeup remover. It has to be the green bottle one (for waterproof makeup) and not the blue (sensitive eyes -have not tried this one). This is a 2 phase makeup remover so an oil for one layer and a water-like substance - shake the bottle, pump out a few squirts uing a cotton pad on the awesome dispenser top and VOILA - your makeup is GONE. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. Goes on sale for $7 @ shoppers drug mart here in Canada, and I stock up when it does.

on 1/19/2014 4:28:00 AM

This is my first waterproof/two-phase(oil&whatever) remover and i absolutely love it. I personally find the oil in this to be soothing while you remove makeup. But then it doesnt really take that much. Just hold your cotton pad soaked in this on your eye for a few seconds, wiggle it a bit and voila! Makeup all gone. Its really nice. Smells nice too. I was lucky to snatch this up when it was on sale ($2.99 at Shoppers) and i saw it was $10 originally which is why i rated high ob the price. But i guess the quality does justify. Highly recommend!