3.0

I've been with Ipsy for 2 years. And I'm still happy to get my bags. They have beauty quiz that lets them know what kind of products you like the most, which works for me .I have retaken the quiz and my bags contain has changed. Of course, nobody can guarantee you won't receive something you don't like, but it's absolutely normal, since it's still sample service. The quiz is a guide for them, but they have to work with products featured. Their points system is great, I was able to get full size Benefit Cha Cha tint,Too Faced Born This Way foundation and Better Then Sex mascara and many more. Also they have this Sneak Peak thing, it feels like surprise every month, keeps you excited! They send a lot of full size products, sometimes it's high end, sometimes drug store (i don't see anything terrible in drug store brands). Sometimes you'll get brands that have never heard about (we're here to try new things and play around, aren't we?) Plus products come with a cute cosmetic bag, you can always give them to somebody or keep it all for yourself. Whole concept is just awesome. If you do use all type of make up products, if you're open for trying different shades, if you do understand that it's a sample service you'll be happy with Ipsy as much as i am. $10 a month. It's totally worth it! Here's link

on 7/11/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I joined Ipsy in May.So far...so good.The products are well over $10.00 and I enjoy the bags.I use them to separate my makeup products.I did not like a bright red nail polish but I do nail art on myself a lot and I collect nail polish and I would wear this on my toes.The company is easy to get a hold of so formAlly of people complain! It's been good .It's nice to have new things to use and try instead of me buying more makeup I don't need out of wanting something new.lol.I have enough makeup and it costs a lot of money and I hate wasting money on things I already have.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/15/2016 11:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I resubscribed after one year to see if it got any better. I have found some great products (like the IT Cosmetics No tug waterproof eye liner, and some nice brushes) as well as some big duds. I was starting to get a lot of boring hair products and skin care when I would prefer to get makeup product.

I changed up my quiz to see if anything will change!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When my daughter worked in the beauty department of a major magazine, she frequently sent me packages of hair, skin care and makeup products, most of which I'd never heard of. What a treat!

No longer there, for my b'day S. bought me a subscription to Ipsy. I love it! Every month the bright pink envelope arrives with five products, generally geared to my age and whatever my daughter wrote on my profile. While not every item is a winner, I've been turned on to a plethora of products, several of which I subsequently purchased full-size.

The price of the contents almost always exceeds the $10 monthly cost of Ipsy. With my annual subscription running out and my birthday on the horizon I already told my daughter what I'd like as a gift: another years' worth of goodies!

on 4/21/2016 5:11:00 AM

I have been very happy with my ipsy glam bag. I have received three so far. I have never received less than 5 items and for April I had 7! I think it's well worth the ten bucks a month. There have only been a couple of things that I likely won't use, but I have many female relatives and friends that I can share these things with. This is my first and only beauty box type of subscription and I love it! My neighbor introduced me to ipsy and I am glad she did. It's like a little surprise gift to myself each month. (I never look online to see what my bag will contain for that very reason). I plan to use the makeup bags that I don't need as gift bags filled with any goodies I put in them!

on 4/14/2016 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just cancelled my subscription because I wasn't getting products i liked. I was getting nail polishes in colors that weren't too wearable and lots of hand creams. Waste of money.

on 4/9/2016 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Great service for the first year or so. I got a variety of brands, a variety of colours, and they did a good job matching my preferences. I'm assuming they only get sent so much different stuff to distribute to customers by the brands though. After the first year, I started getting almost all lotions/ hair care in my bags. I subbed for the actual makeup, so I had to cancel. They don't like to send out duplicates, so I'm guessing that I probably received all the things that I actually like, then I was getting what was left that I hadn't received yet.

I'd definitely recommend trying it out for a few months, as the bags are really fun when you're still getting a variety of items.

Honestly, the company has great marketing. It seemed like a cool concept and I'm open to trying different brands. I decided to try it out and see what all the rave was about. I was honestly very excited since many of the items revealed looked good. I know you can't always get all the specific products you want but I was hoping the personalized quiz would at least give me a few products that were suitable. How wrong was I. Out of all the products that looked good I got the five that were the ones I absolutely did not want. I honestly received 5 products I will never use. Green eyeliner when I put down I always for a natural look? Yeah, no thanks, right into the trash that one goes. Concealer in the wrong shade. The list goes on. Guess I'll be cancelling my subscription. Only good thing was the little cute bag but it really isn't worth that price just for the bag.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been subbing for about a year now & I love me some Ipsy! I have quit a couple of bags (birch box & lip monthly, I still sub to boxycharm & ELF!), Ipsy is a fun little diversion ev month, like a little surprise gift for myself maybe not Xmas or bday coz when we do these we do them B-I-G but maybe a mini bday ;) it's just a gift I give myself, I'm always excited to rip it open as soon as I get it that cheerful hot pink bubble mailer package! I loved the balm Meet Matt Hughes in the past month, the Laura Gellar blush, Kardashian hair oil all kinda good stuff I end up using ev thing except the fake eye lashes which I'm blessed/lucky not to get often (coz I wear glasses/eye health issues). It takes me a long time to use up a full sized item so I'm happy w delux samples. There isn't anything other than false lashes I could recall disliking or not at least having fun trying to make it work. It's brands I am not normally exposed to/wouldn't come across but I do like the colors the bag w most garish colors hands down is lipmonthly! Ipsy colors are tame compared, I find them trendy not 80s not always colors I'd pick for myself but cmon step outta ur comfort zone peeps! This beats another box I got temp tattoos in lol try this box u may find it a pleasant surprise! I don't plan to unsub any time soon!

on 10/13/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love the idea of getting to try out new products that I otherwise wouldn't have come across and to receive brands that I heard or read about. I just received my 2nd glam bag. I was pretty happy with the first one. Good products, 3 out of the 5 I use regularly. Now today my disappointment is huge! I only got 4 products instead of the promised 5 (bb cream missing ). Also this time I only got tiny sample sizes! One is supposed to be a highlighter but it's as small as a fingernail! Speaking of.. I love nail polish and indicated that in their questionnaire and while my friends all got polishes, I didn't, not last time, not this time either. Bummer! Will wait for the next bag and may cancel ig it doesn't convince me.

Popular Other Products

Optic White
Vicks Vapor Rub
Vicks Vapor Rub

Video Reviews & Tutorials

JUNE IPSY GLAMBAG UNBOXING & MAY REREVIEW | URBAN DECAY | CAKE BEAUTY by Corrie Side

Ipsy Review by Ruby Rodriguez