3.0

on 12/12/2016 5:27:00 AM

I think, like wine, Ipsy is getting better. Products are of good quality and if you review properly you can very much get things you need. I've gotten various good quality brushes mascara and liners which I mainly wanted to try.

From 4 random samples,its gotten easy to fine tune and has gotten much better quality samples.

You sign up and WHAM! Placed on a waitlist that forces you to spam people to get off of. This is AFTER you've given Ipsy your credit card/payment info.
There is NO customer service line, nor refunds. Emails are automated & do not address your issue. Facebook page comments are answered by 2 women, who I suspect are employees, in an incredibly rude manner. Tweets are ignored. If you try to email them again, after being ignored, you get bumped to the end of the line- regardless of how long you've been waiting for a response.
Ipsy is quick to take your money on the 1st, but slow to ship. Shipping is done in three batches. You may not get your bag for the month in THAT month, or at all. Shipping estimates & actual shipping dates change constantly, getting further out each time. Any inquires are met by the same bot response about the shipping being done in 3 batches, regardless of your actual question or how late your bag is.
You DO get to "peek" into your bag & see what you're getting (that is, IF you get it), only to find that your beauty preferences are completely ignored by the company.
My one & only bag, which never arrived, didn't even have makeup in it, just mascara & a highlighter stick. The rest appears to be the type of samples you get in the mail.
When you go to cancel your service, the buttons you must click are purposely misleading, but even worse- your purchase history & shipping info for any bag you've yet to receive are completely wiped clean. Be sure to screenshot & copy down all this information prior to cancelling your subscription!
Ipsy is terrible & I would recommend it only to someone I hated.

I've been with Ipsy for 2 years. And I'm still happy to get my bags. They have beauty quiz that lets them know what kind of products you like the most, which works for me .I have retaken the quiz and my bags contain has changed. Of course, nobody can guarantee you won't receive something you don't like, but it's absolutely normal, since it's still sample service. The quiz is a guide for them, but they have to work with products featured. Their points system is great, I was able to get full size Benefit Cha Cha tint,Too Faced Born This Way foundation and Better Then Sex mascara and many more. Also they have this Sneak Peak thing, it feels like surprise every month, keeps you excited! They send a lot of full size products, sometimes it's high end, sometimes drug store (i don't see anything terrible in drug store brands). Sometimes you'll get brands that have never heard about (we're here to try new things and play around, aren't we?) Plus products come with a cute cosmetic bag, you can always give them to somebody or keep it all for yourself. Whole concept is just awesome. If you do use all type of make up products, if you're open for trying different shades, if you do understand that it's a sample service you'll be happy with Ipsy as much as i am. $10 a month. It's totally worth it! Here's link

on 7/11/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I joined Ipsy in May.So far...so good.The products are well over $10.00 and I enjoy the bags.I use them to separate my makeup products.I did not like a bright red nail polish but I do nail art on myself a lot and I collect nail polish and I would wear this on my toes.The company is easy to get a hold of so formAlly of people complain! It's been good .It's nice to have new things to use and try instead of me buying more makeup I don't need out of wanting something new.lol.I have enough makeup and it costs a lot of money and I hate wasting money on things I already have.

on 6/15/2016 11:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I resubscribed after one year to see if it got any better. I have found some great products (like the IT Cosmetics No tug waterproof eye liner, and some nice brushes) as well as some big duds. I was starting to get a lot of boring hair products and skin care when I would prefer to get makeup product.

I changed up my quiz to see if anything will change!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When my daughter worked in the beauty department of a major magazine, she frequently sent me packages of hair, skin care and makeup products, most of which I'd never heard of. What a treat!

No longer there, for my b'day S. bought me a subscription to Ipsy. I love it! Every month the bright pink envelope arrives with five products, generally geared to my age and whatever my daughter wrote on my profile. While not every item is a winner, I've been turned on to a plethora of products, several of which I subsequently purchased full-size.

The price of the contents almost always exceeds the $10 monthly cost of Ipsy. With my annual subscription running out and my birthday on the horizon I already told my daughter what I'd like as a gift: another years' worth of goodies!

on 4/21/2016 5:11:00 AM

I have been very happy with my ipsy glam bag. I have received three so far. I have never received less than 5 items and for April I had 7! I think it's well worth the ten bucks a month. There have only been a couple of things that I likely won't use, but I have many female relatives and friends that I can share these things with. This is my first and only beauty box type of subscription and I love it! My neighbor introduced me to ipsy and I am glad she did. It's like a little surprise gift to myself each month. (I never look online to see what my bag will contain for that very reason). I plan to use the makeup bags that I don't need as gift bags filled with any goodies I put in them!

on 4/14/2016 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just cancelled my subscription because I wasn't getting products i liked. I was getting nail polishes in colors that weren't too wearable and lots of hand creams. Waste of money.

on 4/9/2016 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Great service for the first year or so. I got a variety of brands, a variety of colours, and they did a good job matching my preferences. I'm assuming they only get sent so much different stuff to distribute to customers by the brands though. After the first year, I started getting almost all lotions/ hair care in my bags. I subbed for the actual makeup, so I had to cancel. They don't like to send out duplicates, so I'm guessing that I probably received all the things that I actually like, then I was getting what was left that I hadn't received yet.

I'd definitely recommend trying it out for a few months, as the bags are really fun when you're still getting a variety of items.

Honestly, the company has great marketing. It seemed like a cool concept and I'm open to trying different brands. I decided to try it out and see what all the rave was about. I was honestly very excited since many of the items revealed looked good. I know you can't always get all the specific products you want but I was hoping the personalized quiz would at least give me a few products that were suitable. How wrong was I. Out of all the products that looked good I got the five that were the ones I absolutely did not want. I honestly received 5 products I will never use. Green eyeliner when I put down I always for a natural look? Yeah, no thanks, right into the trash that one goes. Concealer in the wrong shade. The list goes on. Guess I'll be cancelling my subscription. Only good thing was the little cute bag but it really isn't worth that price just for the bag.

Popular Other Products