Dermasil Labs Dry Skin Treatment Original Lotion

4.8

Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Sunflower Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Acetate, Acetylated Lanolin, Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Lecithin, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Cholesterol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Peg-40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sweet Almond Oil, Ethylene Brassylate, Sandalwood Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Stearmide Amp, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, and Dmdm Hydantoin

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I would definitely recommend it for very dry skin. It saved my peeling skin

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love Dermasil lotion it smells great good for your skin. I only paid $1 at the dollar Tree😄😄

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this gem for $2 from dollar general & a gem it is! It smells faintly of rose & sandalwood 2 scents I love. I could use this instead is my beloved yellow Clinique potion lotion (dramatically different moisturizing gel) in the winter, it works well under MU & it doesn't give me blemishes. The Dimethicone is so great. I normally use VS or B&BW lotions but this is awesome!! Will rebuy forever. #awesome #winning

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing lotion for winter!!! Would like it more if it didn't smell like glue but it is very moisturizing. Sinks in fast and isn't greasy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this lotion today at a dollar store for - you guessed it $1.....and so far I LOVE it...my hands have had a weird irritation on them for a while....this seems to be not irritating them. If I can use on my face as others say I will try that too. I will also stock up on this cream. I got the one in a tube that smells faintly like rose....It's great!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i came across this one day while in the dollar store. i like keeping a no frills lotion on hand, so i thought this would be perfect. once i got home, i really read the label and discovered that it did more than i bargained for.

fast forward maybe six months after purchasing. it was the middle of winter and i had a small patch of dry skin on my chin that was really uncomfortable. the skin was tight and itchy and had broken out in tiny bumps. out of desperation, i turned to this lotion. i used a small amount on the area after washing with cetaphil. i was elated to find that this lotion soothed my skin! ever since then, i keep a bottle on hand.

for one dollar - you can't beat it and i'd suggest it to anyone. i also believe they have a sensitive skin version as well.

I've used this product years ago, but after years of remission have the hives again. Pretty bad all over my forearms. So while walking around Dollar Tree, see this stuff for a mere dollar, and swiped it up. Actually, took a tube version and the flip top bottle. Tube version is a thicker cream, and bottle is a lotion.

Stuff really does CALM my skin. It is NOT greasy at all. And yes, when I run out I will in fact be buying more of this.

Highly recommended, especially at this price.

UPDATE: Using this for one day, and this Dermasil lotion has made a BIG difference. My hives are healing, and they are not itching ANYMORE.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know about the "dangerous" ingredients another user mentioned, and there are a few versions of this, so maybe one doesn't contain those ingredients. However, I have been using this for years after spending up to ten times as much for sensitive skin lotions elsewhere. I buy this at my local dollar tree for, yes, $1.
The lotion is absorbed quickly with zero greasy feel, and did just as good a job at moisturizing as Lubriderm, etc. I don't intend to stop using this as an after-shower moisturizer, though I would never use it on my face. I also use it for my hands daily, because I wash them 50+ times per day at my job as a preschool teacher. If I stop using it, my hands become like the desert.

I have the bottle without the pump and the blue lettering, there is also a pink version, that has an almost identical ingredient list, and I have used both and honestly can't tell a difference. This is great for both body and face, because it hydrates well while absorbing nicely and not leaving behind that sticky feeling I despise. I have an oily t-zone with drier cheeks, and break out easily from moisturizers, so it's hard to find something that works on my face, and this doesn't give me any problems. Some of my bottles have had a subtle rose scent, but my current one has an almost plasticy smell, so I'm not sure what's up w/that.

I just purchased this lotion at the 99 cent store, and loved it! My skin feels great, not greasy, and the price is phenomenal. My husband loved it so much too, that I bought 3 more at the Dollar Tree yesterday.

But then he started to wonder why it was so cheap and why the list of ingredients were so long compared to the Lubriderm we have. This morning I started doing some research and noticed that the inactive ingredients contain: methylisothiazolinone, phenoxyethanol, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, and more (which interestingly isn't listed in the ingredients portion on this site). I looked up these ingredients online and some have been banned in Europe, while some have shown to be allergenic or severe health hazards. Yikes! Perhaps because this lotion was made in China so they don't have regulations on ingredients?

Unfortunately I already threw the receipt away so I can't return this for something else, but I won't be buying this again because of the scary ingredients, despite how much I love the lotion.