Dermasil Labs Dry Skin Treatment Original Lotion

4.8

Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Sunflower Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Acetate, Acetylated Lanolin, Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Lecithin, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Cholesterol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Peg-40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sweet Almond Oil, Ethylene Brassylate, Sandalwood Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Stearmide Amp, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, and Dmdm Hydantoin

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know about the "dangerous" ingredients another user mentioned, and there are a few versions of this, so maybe one doesn't contain those ingredients. However, I have been using this for years after spending up to ten times as much for sensitive skin lotions elsewhere. I buy this at my local dollar tree for, yes, $1.
The lotion is absorbed quickly with zero greasy feel, and did just as good a job at moisturizing as Lubriderm, etc. I don't intend to stop using this as an after-shower moisturizer, though I would never use it on my face. I also use it for my hands daily, because I wash them 50+ times per day at my job as a preschool teacher. If I stop using it, my hands become like the desert.

I've used this product years ago, but after years of remission have the hives again. Pretty bad all over my forearms. So while walking around Dollar Tree, see this stuff for a mere dollar, and swiped it up. Actually, took a tube version and the flip top bottle. Tube version is a thicker cream, and bottle is a lotion.

Stuff really does CALM my skin. It is NOT greasy at all. And yes, when I run out I will in fact be buying more of this.

Highly recommended, especially at this price.

UPDATE: Using this for one day, and this Dermasil lotion has made a BIG difference. My hives are healing, and they are not itching ANYMORE.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

I just purchased this lotion at the 99 cent store, and loved it! My skin feels great, not greasy, and the price is phenomenal. My husband loved it so much too, that I bought 3 more at the Dollar Tree yesterday.

But then he started to wonder why it was so cheap and why the list of ingredients were so long compared to the Lubriderm we have. This morning I started doing some research and noticed that the inactive ingredients contain: methylisothiazolinone, phenoxyethanol, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, and more (which interestingly isn't listed in the ingredients portion on this site). I looked up these ingredients online and some have been banned in Europe, while some have shown to be allergenic or severe health hazards. Yikes! Perhaps because this lotion was made in China so they don't have regulations on ingredients?

Unfortunately I already threw the receipt away so I can't return this for something else, but I won't be buying this again because of the scary ingredients, despite how much I love the lotion.

I have the bottle without the pump and the blue lettering, there is also a pink version, that has an almost identical ingredient list, and I have used both and honestly can't tell a difference. This is great for both body and face, because it hydrates well while absorbing nicely and not leaving behind that sticky feeling I despise. I have an oily t-zone with drier cheeks, and break out easily from moisturizers, so it's hard to find something that works on my face, and this doesn't give me any problems. Some of my bottles have had a subtle rose scent, but my current one has an almost plasticy smell, so I'm not sure what's up w/that.

In my opinion I don't think you could find a better body lotion for dry or chapped skin and hands. It absorbs so well and doesn't feel greasy. If you wear contact lenses this stuff is great too because you dont have to worry about transfer later from your fingertips. In fact, after you've used it you can touch paper or glass & not see grease fingerprints like I've seen with other products. I also like that it's unscented. It's also tops for keeping your heels soft & smooth. Definitely a winter necessity. My skin used to get so parched in winter, and my hands red & raw. This product cures that. In hot weather after a shower I need only dab little bits here & there while my skin is still fresh from the shower. I pat myself dry, them dab this sporadically & blend. I buy the tubes with the screw off lid so I can take it anywhere & not worry about a cap flipping up.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was in p.r. when i first saw this and i passed it up because the packaging and it was awfully inexpensive but one day i tried it and I LOVED it!! I use it at night to moisturize my face. It leaves a nice supple feel to the skin, it also makes me look a bit dewy so i feel more prone to go out makeup free. I love it so much I'm going to read up more on how to read labels and what to look for because I don't usually buy no brand lotions and trust them on my face but this was such a find im forever changed lol im going to keep buying!! And im gunna start giving "inexpensive" products a chance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last month at big lots for 76 cents. it's the best lotion i have used for my extremely sensitive, dry skin. i have a terrible itchy, flaky skin condition on my arms, elbows, legs, even on inner thighs and under arms and this product has worked wonders. I apply it after showering and lasts the whole day. no more itchy skin. I used to apply lubriderm (not moisturizing enough) and curel itch defense ( good but i hate using this it's too greasy; not suited for the warmer months) dermasil is non greasy, moisturizing and gentle. I bought both the original formula and sensitive formula.

I first tried this out when I was at my grandparents and had forgotten my usual night cream. I looked at the ingredients and figured that it couldn't hurt to use it. I was really, really surprised by how light and silky it felt on my skin! It felt so light that I figured it wouldn't be heavy enough as a night cream. When I got back, I picked up a bottle at the Dollar General for very cheap (I think around $1-$1.50?) It's perfect as a day cream. Leaves my face feeling very soft without making it too shiny. It has a satin to matte finish, which I really like.

The only reason I'm rating it 4 lippies is because of the smell. The other reviewers here noted that it had a pleasant rose scent, but mine has a plastic-y scent, which to me is very off-putting. Still, I would definitely buy again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been suffering far too long with itchy excema-ish skin on my face, legs, arms. And anywhere else it likes to itch and pop up. Even my underarms. Well I have to tell you I have tried so many lotions, and most of them actually cause more irritation and don't heal my skin. This has been halting the itching and healing my skin both. I feel an itchy area and if I don't think it is going to stop itching I apply this (sometimes I use cold water on the area first with a paper towel then dry it), then put this on the spot. It kills the itch and doesn't cause irritation or flaking. I haven't yet been brave enough to use it on my face. I have been using the Dermasil bar soap on my face and it is fairly moisturizing and also seems to reduce excema and bacteria very well. My excema is 90% better after having found these 2 items and I have only been using them for a week and a half. Highly recommend this lotion. I use the regular or original Dermasil, not the nite or day with retinol and other ingredients. I have read negative reviews on those and don't particularly like retinols as I really don't need to keep having my face peel as it is constantly trying to do that on its own. Go get this lotion. It is great for itching and dry skin. It dries completely and is not greasy at all. maybe eventually Ill get brave enough to try it on my face and will write a review if I do try that. Update: This is wonderful for the body where itching is going on. I do not recommend putting this on your face. I put it on and within less than 5 minutes I had a fairly large blistery bump that came from a small scratched area. I washed my face right away and took aspirin and it didn't get worse but took a couple days to "die down". I think the sandalwood cream may be too strong for soft skin.

I decided to try this based on the reviews here. I was not disappointed! As the other reviewers noted, this is an inexpensive, non-greasy, highly moisturizing lotion. I am prone to breakouts from lotion, even if I don't use it on my face, and I've used this successfully off and on for a week with no breakouts. Makes my skin sooo silky soft. My hands were really dry and chapped here in the New England winter and now they are downright smooth. I put it on my feet at night with socks for my dry heels and it did just as good of a job, if not better, than Aquaphor. And all for $1! I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 simply because I do not care for the smell of roses which it really does smell of the first several minutes you put it on. I do recommend!