Dermasil Labs Dry Skin Treatment Original Lotion

4.8

Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Sunflower Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Acetate, Acetylated Lanolin, Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Lecithin, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Cholesterol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Peg-40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sweet Almond Oil, Ethylene Brassylate, Sandalwood Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Stearmide Amp, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, and Dmdm Hydantoin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this gem for $2 from dollar general & a gem it is! It smells faintly of rose & sandalwood 2 scents I love. I could use this instead is my beloved yellow Clinique potion lotion (dramatically different moisturizing gel) in the winter, it works well under MU & it doesn't give me blemishes. The Dimethicone is so great. I normally use VS or B&BW lotions but this is awesome!! Will rebuy forever. #awesome #winning

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i came across this one day while in the dollar store. i like keeping a no frills lotion on hand, so i thought this would be perfect. once i got home, i really read the label and discovered that it did more than i bargained for.

fast forward maybe six months after purchasing. it was the middle of winter and i had a small patch of dry skin on my chin that was really uncomfortable. the skin was tight and itchy and had broken out in tiny bumps. out of desperation, i turned to this lotion. i used a small amount on the area after washing with cetaphil. i was elated to find that this lotion soothed my skin! ever since then, i keep a bottle on hand.

for one dollar - you can't beat it and i'd suggest it to anyone. i also believe they have a sensitive skin version as well.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know about the "dangerous" ingredients another user mentioned, and there are a few versions of this, so maybe one doesn't contain those ingredients. However, I have been using this for years after spending up to ten times as much for sensitive skin lotions elsewhere. I buy this at my local dollar tree for, yes, $1.
The lotion is absorbed quickly with zero greasy feel, and did just as good a job at moisturizing as Lubriderm, etc. I don't intend to stop using this as an after-shower moisturizer, though I would never use it on my face. I also use it for my hands daily, because I wash them 50+ times per day at my job as a preschool teacher. If I stop using it, my hands become like the desert.

I've used this product years ago, but after years of remission have the hives again. Pretty bad all over my forearms. So while walking around Dollar Tree, see this stuff for a mere dollar, and swiped it up. Actually, took a tube version and the flip top bottle. Tube version is a thicker cream, and bottle is a lotion.

Stuff really does CALM my skin. It is NOT greasy at all. And yes, when I run out I will in fact be buying more of this.

Highly recommended, especially at this price.

UPDATE: Using this for one day, and this Dermasil lotion has made a BIG difference. My hives are healing, and they are not itching ANYMORE.

I just purchased this lotion at the 99 cent store, and loved it! My skin feels great, not greasy, and the price is phenomenal. My husband loved it so much too, that I bought 3 more at the Dollar Tree yesterday.

But then he started to wonder why it was so cheap and why the list of ingredients were so long compared to the Lubriderm we have. This morning I started doing some research and noticed that the inactive ingredients contain: methylisothiazolinone, phenoxyethanol, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, and more (which interestingly isn't listed in the ingredients portion on this site). I looked up these ingredients online and some have been banned in Europe, while some have shown to be allergenic or severe health hazards. Yikes! Perhaps because this lotion was made in China so they don't have regulations on ingredients?

Unfortunately I already threw the receipt away so I can't return this for something else, but I won't be buying this again because of the scary ingredients, despite how much I love the lotion.

I have the bottle without the pump and the blue lettering, there is also a pink version, that has an almost identical ingredient list, and I have used both and honestly can't tell a difference. This is great for both body and face, because it hydrates well while absorbing nicely and not leaving behind that sticky feeling I despise. I have an oily t-zone with drier cheeks, and break out easily from moisturizers, so it's hard to find something that works on my face, and this doesn't give me any problems. Some of my bottles have had a subtle rose scent, but my current one has an almost plasticy smell, so I'm not sure what's up w/that.

In my opinion I don't think you could find a better body lotion for dry or chapped skin and hands. It absorbs so well and doesn't feel greasy. If you wear contact lenses this stuff is great too because you dont have to worry about transfer later from your fingertips. In fact, after you've used it you can touch paper or glass & not see grease fingerprints like I've seen with other products. I also like that it's unscented. It's also tops for keeping your heels soft & smooth. Definitely a winter necessity. My skin used to get so parched in winter, and my hands red & raw. This product cures that. In hot weather after a shower I need only dab little bits here & there while my skin is still fresh from the shower. I pat myself dry, them dab this sporadically & blend. I buy the tubes with the screw off lid so I can take it anywhere & not worry about a cap flipping up.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was in p.r. when i first saw this and i passed it up because the packaging and it was awfully inexpensive but one day i tried it and I LOVED it!! I use it at night to moisturize my face. It leaves a nice supple feel to the skin, it also makes me look a bit dewy so i feel more prone to go out makeup free. I love it so much I'm going to read up more on how to read labels and what to look for because I don't usually buy no brand lotions and trust them on my face but this was such a find im forever changed lol im going to keep buying!! And im gunna start giving "inexpensive" products a chance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last month at big lots for 76 cents. it's the best lotion i have used for my extremely sensitive, dry skin. i have a terrible itchy, flaky skin condition on my arms, elbows, legs, even on inner thighs and under arms and this product has worked wonders. I apply it after showering and lasts the whole day. no more itchy skin. I used to apply lubriderm (not moisturizing enough) and curel itch defense ( good but i hate using this it's too greasy; not suited for the warmer months) dermasil is non greasy, moisturizing and gentle. I bought both the original formula and sensitive formula.

I first tried this out when I was at my grandparents and had forgotten my usual night cream. I looked at the ingredients and figured that it couldn't hurt to use it. I was really, really surprised by how light and silky it felt on my skin! It felt so light that I figured it wouldn't be heavy enough as a night cream. When I got back, I picked up a bottle at the Dollar General for very cheap (I think around $1-$1.50?) It's perfect as a day cream. Leaves my face feeling very soft without making it too shiny. It has a satin to matte finish, which I really like.

The only reason I'm rating it 4 lippies is because of the smell. The other reviewers here noted that it had a pleasant rose scent, but mine has a plastic-y scent, which to me is very off-putting. Still, I would definitely buy again!