MAC Cosmetics MAC Holiday Face Palette (2002)

No Image

4.7

on 9/15/2009 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is what MAC is all about, and from a time when their quality was just better than ever! This palette is my go-to when I travel, and the one thing I always take, because it's compact, and goes from day to night in a snap! I was lucky enough to get my hands on this several years ago, and am just recently putting it to use since I've been traveling more, and this has be a savior for me!!

This palette has Prism & Honour blush, 6 shadows (Gesso, Shroom, Black Tied, Mystery, Crystal & Trax), and 3 glosses (Snowgirl, Honeychild .. a gorgeous beige/nude, and Making Merry .. a deeper berry/red.) This is an exceptionally well put together palette, that is as functional as it is beautiful! I wish MAC would release more palettes like this one .. total LOVE!!

I've had this palette for ages and I can't believe I still haven't reviewed it! I loved mellow mood and the two blushes, but I wish they didn't put those lipsticks in there, they're so dry! *sigh* Other than that, I wish they still sold these during christmas, they're so much fun!

I managed to get my ends on this through a swap, and im so glad i did! I had been wanting shroom and vex forever, so when i saw that these were included in the palette i knew i wanted it! The palette includes Honour blush (sheer gold sparkles), Prism blush (dusty rose), Gesso e/s (white), Shroom e/s (shimmery champagne), Black tied e/s(black with silver sparkles), Mystery e/s(dark brown), Crystal e/s (light grayish purple), Trax e/s (medium purple with gold shimmer), Snowgirl gloss (white with shimmer), Honeychild gloss (golden nude), and Making Merry Gloss (berry). I love all the colors in this palette except for the white e/ and lipgloss. The two blushes would work perfectly for summertime. Shroom looks great as a highlighter or to just use as a wash for a natural look. Black tied and Mystery make great liners, and Crystal and Trax are both unique e/s that i havent seen lookalikes of. The nude colored gloss works great for the day, and the berry gloss is perfect for night.

on 11/13/2004 7:29:00 PM

I stumbled upon this at a cosmetics company store at a nearby outlet mall - my roommate convinced me to get it, and I'm glad I did. So far, my two favorite parts of the palette are the Making Merry lipgloss and Prism blush. I never would have even tried Prism had it not been in the palette, I usually stick to pinkish colors like NARS Deep Throat, but this color is gorgeous, and enhances my (fake) tan. Making Merry lipgloss looks pretty dark in the pan - shimmery purplish ruby color - but on the lips its a gorgeous light berry. Love it. The e/s included are beautiful also, Gesso is the only one I don't particularly care for, I'm not big on white e/s. Overall, as my first palette from MAC, this is a fabulous product. Worth the $30 even for this cheap college student!

I am a collector of all the MAC palettes I can get my hands on, and this one is special~it was my very first one! The blushes are great-neutral so they will look great on any skintone, the glosses are fabulous, great colors, and long-wearing. The eyshadows are great long wearing and neutral, and the brushes are outstanding! MAC outdid themselves on this palette!

on 2/29/2004 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the palette that started my crazy obsession with MAC!! I've been using it for a while now and it's time for a review!! The colors are all great and wearable and have never yet let me down. I am now an avid collector of MAC palettes and this darling is where it all began. MAC really does make some of the best palettes out there, especially their annual holiday editions. If there is only one palette you will try...try one of these next year! You will not be sorry!

I really, really like this palette. Shroom is just the greatest color :) And the blushes are perfect! My only complaints are that I wish there was a pink shade (there's a pure white, a golden and a dark plum) and that the eyeshadows weren't so dark. Many of them I could only use as liner and I don't need that many for liners! But it is a great, functional palette but not one I would personally carry around.

P.S. The brushes that come with it are FANTASTIC!

on 2/11/2003 12:34:00 PM

This palette is definately value for money. The 2 blushes are quite wearable and I can see myself creating different looks with the 6 eyeshadows, all great colours with the exception of Mystery which I can't seem to take. The 3 lipglosses are wonderful colours too and I especially love Honeychild - so pretty! although I have used MAC blushes and lipglosses before, this is my first experience with the eyeshadows and there's no better way to start than this palette. Quoting the MA at the counter "Try it, and you'll love it!"

on 2/6/2003 11:51:00 AM

I absolutely love this palette. The blushes are beautiful long-wearing neutrals, one matte and one with golden shimmer. The eyeshadows tend toward the cooler end of the spectrum, but I think they would work great on anyone, and there is a great mix of shades suitable for washes, highlighting, crease and lining. The glosses are absolutely gorgeous! They're somewhat sheer, and less tacky than lipglass, but still long-lasting and not greasy at all (I hope these are released into the permanent collection!) The case seems very sturdy and highly portable, and includes a huge mirror and high-quality lip and eye brushes. My only regret is that this palette doesn't fit in the Brushes x6 bag! UPDATE: While I'm glad I got this, I actually don't use it all that much because I don't find the looks all that coordinated. I also have trouble with bits of the eyeshadows getting in the glosses and the blush. Still, a great value and nice to have.

on 1/6/2003 7:07:00 PM

This is a great palette. It has three sheer lipglosses. 6 eyeshadows and 2 blushes. Plus a lip brush and an eyeshadow brush. The colours in the palette are very well chosen, there is nothing garish or OTT, just colours that would appeal to nearly everyone!