Sephora Outrageous Volume - Dramatic Volume Mascara

2.9

on 7/13/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

And the award for worst mascara I've ever had goes to this one. It was every girl's worst nightmare: it smudged, clumped my lashes into a handful of lashes and didn't even do anything to make up for that! I naturally have relatively long and thick lashes, but this was so bad that i was honestly better off not putting any on, and I'm not even being melodramatic!

The formula was too wet for me. Whatever application technique I tried, it clumped. Wiggling: it clumped. Applying it normally, clumped. From the side, clumped. Even using a different mascara wand didn't help! No volume, maybe a small amount of length, and that was it. I should have known that those small bristles would do nothing for my lashes!

I always try to stick it out with my products for as long as I can to prevent wasting product and money. So basically, as long as it's decent, I'll keep using it till it finishes or expires. But not this product. I'm not even that picky with mascara but in the end I was so sick and tired of having to deal with it that I just gave up and into the rubbish it went.

This was my first venture into the more upmarket world of makeup but I have been somewhat put off. My favorite, holy grail mascara is Rimmel scandal eyes flex mascara, and guess what? It's less than a third of the price of this mascara, in my country at least.

I tried to see the good in this mascara but there just wasn't any. Huge disappointment and a colossal waste of time and money. I would not recommend this to anyone nor would I ever repurchase. I wouldn't even apply it if I were alone with it on a deserted island! Not even exaggerating!

on 3/3/2016 10:56:00 AM

I got a deluxe sized sample of this mascara and I'm very appalled at all the reviews about it. Maybe because mine is a deluxe sized sample it works better? I have short, stumpy, Asian lashes that just won't curl. The Sephora mascara against all odds separates, lengths and volumizes my lashes without trying. And the volumizing effect isn't that clumpy mess you get after applying. I'm definitely going to buy the full sized tube of this.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/6/2016 2:47:00 PM

I honestly hate this product. I think it has really good packaging and I really like that style of brush because it gets to every one of my lashes. HOWEVER, all this does for me is stick my lashes together! I swear, it made the lashes on one of my eyes stick together until I only had three clumps of lashes left. This happens because the formula is so wet, it doesn't seem to dry, even after a minute or two after applying it.
Save yourself the trouble, don't buy it! It's a shame for that packaging...

Honestly this one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. I don't know if I got a bad tube or what, but the product is super watery. The brush is way to big and it gets way to much product on it. When I apply it, it tends to clump together and it just looks horrible. I will not be repurchasing this mascara! The only thing I like about it is the packaging.

This mascara is kind of a hot mess. The brush is wide and long which makes it difficult to get to your inner and outer corner lashes without getting some kind of smudge. Even if I do manage to avoid a smudge I ALWAYS get flecks that fly off of the brush and onto my skin. They don't dry quickly either....so get the makeup remover handy. I get a TON of flaking throughout the day. The volume and look of the lashes are ok, but there are too many faults to keep this around. I will look for another waterproof mascara that isn't such a hassle to work with.

on 2/12/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is the single WORST mascara i've ever used. First of all when i open the tube because of the terrible packaging it oozes out onto my fingers. Then as if THAT isn't bad enough the mascara wand is huge! It's like a mini batton coming at your lashes. Then after i used the batton on my lashes, ofcourse after dealing with a thick goopy mascara formula my lashes clumped badly. It's like i had a uni lash. This mascara is a mess, i wasted my money it would have been better to spend more & get something that actually works.
Save your money it's better not even to wear mascara.

on 2/10/2015 11:37:00 PM

I bought this masara when I asked the Sephora sales lady for a recomendation for waterproof mascara. ugh! I hate it, the brush is horrible, a lot of product comes out and by midmorning Im a racoon. Hate it! better stick to Lancome Hypnose

on 12/12/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a mini with my Sephora purchase. I was pleasantly surprised.

This mascara is great. It glides on smooth, coats all my lashes, doesn't clump; I apply many many coats and no Clumps!!!
Made my lashes which are long, but thin look very voluminous.
The Black is very black and it holds curl.

My favorite Mascara is Lancolme's Hypnose Drama for $28. This Sephora formula at $15 is the perfect substitute.

I bought this because I asked one of the workers at sephora for the best waterproof mascara and she told me this one. And they have a non waterproof and waterproof, I obvi got the waterproof. I think that the mascara wand is made poorly because SO much product comes off your wand. I solved this by wiping the excess off on a tissue before using it. Though I'd rather not! I like how the packaging looks and it when it closes it kind of clicks close which I like. It is VERY black. Which I'm not sure is good or bad?? I have fair skin and super blonde so it can look harsh. This is a mascara I would use first to hold a curl and put a better one over it. :)

on 9/13/2014 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

My stepdad bought this mascara for my
mom for $15. She tried the mascara and found that when she applied it, it left mascara on her eyelids. So, she gave the mascara to me.

I figured she'd had those problems because she has hooded eyes (probably because she's 42), and her eyelashes touch her eyelid anyway. I didn't think the same thing would happen to me, being that my eyes are not very hooded and I have better application techniques; however I was wrong.

The wand is pitiful. Its flimsy, short bristles do nothing to help separate lashes. In fact, the wand actually helps clump lashes due to the wide, nearly unbristled wand collecting excessive and uneven amounts of product. I also wound up getting product on my eyelid because I was unable to see the bristles and how close they were to my lid.

The formula is sticky. I noticed in other reviews that many were complaining about the formula being too wet. I did not encounter this, however the formula dried sticky and clumped lashes as it was applied.

I applied two coats, and while it does have good color, provide length, and (to my surprise) even slightly curled my uncurled lashes, the volume was way too much. It thickened and lumped together my lashes to the point of almost spider lashes. They would barely unclump when I used a lash comb. It also flaked BEFORE IT WAS DRY. It created little specks of mascara on my lashes on the first coat! The only really GOOD thing about this mascara is how easy it is to get off.

Honestly, I have drugstore mascaras way better than this one, and they give me beautiful lashes. This product is awful and I promise I will never buy this mascara again; especially not for $15! Stay away from this mascara!

Pictures: