NYX Matte Lipstick in Sierra

NYX Matte Lipstick in Sierra

4.3

on 3/17/2017 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Perfect day shade for fair/medium skin (Asian skin with yellow undertones). Not too dry for a matte.

on 8/24/2016 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Sierra is an exact color dupe for NARS Jane but cannot compare with the formula, opacity, and packaging of the latter. However, if you do not want to pay $32 for NARS Jane and you do not mind putting on two layers for full opacity, pick this up instead. This shade is perfect for Asian skintones. the price is wonderful for the amount of product you get.

on 11/25/2015 2:56:00 AM

Years ago, my grandma gave me a terracotta lipstick that I really loved and never moved on from. I don't know what brand it was, but I remember the shade all too well.

The search led me to MAC Taupe, a very pretty reddish-brown somewhat rust-colored nude lippie that I've been obsessing to have for a month now. But because of the prevailing Kylie Jenner lip trend, the said shade was always out of stock and I never got my hands on it. And while searching for a terracotta lipstick over the internet, I somehow managed to stumble on a review about Nyx Sierra. I have no idea whether Taupe and Sierra are dupes, I didn't have the chance to swatch them up close and personal - but based on comparing swatches and FOTD's on Instagram, they are similar. I guess.

This is my very first Nyx lippie. Well, when I wore this... I'm in love. The color is so beautiful and it brightens the face. It's reddish brown with coral undertones with just the right mix - not too brown, not too red, not too orange. And it has more satisfactory quality compared with a MAC matte for almost half the price. Opaque, not drying and easy creamy application.

I'm so happy with my purchase. This shade is highly recommended. Trust me, don't be intimidated with the lippie as it appears on the tube. I consider this as an HG lippie already.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the best recommendations, ever! I was actually looking for NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose, but the sales assistant said they did not have it in stock, and suggested NYX Matte Lipstick in Sierra instead.

It's a great neutral shade that's not too beige or orange and will work with a tan or lighter skin. It also made my lips look fuller without drying it (even though it's a matte finish). I wear this color for work and on weekends.

What I do not like however, is the packaging that comes with the NYX Matte Lipsticks. They feel flimsy and the twist up tends to get messy.

Overall, a must have in every kit.

on 3/14/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick. Is the perfect lipstick for my skin tone/hair color. I love it. A tad drying but I just moisturize my lips while I'm doing the rest of my face and then finish with the lipstick. I will buy this again and again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

At certain lighting, this NYX sierra looks very natural, my lips but better vibe. In daylight it actually looks orange-brown, terracotta color. I like it cause it brightens my face instantly without the heavy makeup stuff. It is easy to apply, glides on and is very pigmented. One swipe, and it's good. Stays on for about 4 hours. Im not buying it again just cause I dont think I can pull off this orangey shade.

on 5/23/2014 1:51:00 PM

I am in love with this lipstick! I got it at CherryCulture for almost half off, just to try more matte lipsticks. For $3.60, I got a beautiful, peachy terracotta color that works really well on my NC25/30 skintone, and it wears quite beautifully. The first time I wore it, I actually went into labor with my first baby. I'm not going to lie and say it was still on and looking perfect when it was all over! But at the end of it all, after nearly 12 hrs of wearing it, I noticed I still had a nice peachy gloss on my lips (I'd also applied some lip balm during this time). This is a great lipstick, and I guess a bit of a good luck charm for me, too. :)

on 12/17/2014 2:47:00 AM

For those of us in Australia - dupe alert.

Sierra is exactly the same color as Maybelline 24 Hour Lipstick in Keep me Coral. The only difference is the finish. Maybelline 24 hour lipstick is a satin finish instead of matte.

If I was to repurchase I would repurchase the NYX for a couple of reasons - firstly it has a creamier finish and feels less drying than the Maybelline and secondly it has no added fragrance. Why do companies keep putting fragrance in makeup? Yes I know that fragranced products supposedly sell better, but I still dislike it.

Against my light olive skin this comes across as a faded terracotta color. Easy to wear daytime color.

Edit: I am seriously downgrading my rating for two reasons. One I don't hink much of the quality of the lipstick or the package and two it looks chalky on my lips. At the age of 51 I just don't look that good in matte lippies. Such is life.

on 8/4/2013 11:13:00 AM

This is a good shade for those who have yellow undertones, it's the perfect everyday lipstick. It comes out natural unless you glide a second and third coat. The matte finish makes it look natural, some matte lipsticks make the lips dry but this doesn't, or at least not as dry as other brands.

on 7/26/2015 8:38:00 AM