Milani Hermosa Rose

No Image

Not tested on animals

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I thought for sure I would love this.
The color is lovely, the design is gorgeous!
The color is beautiful golden bronzed beige shade. The website describes it as "Natural Tan Sheen".
I really like "Warm soul" by mac so when I swatched this I knew I would love the color.
It warms up the skin tone a bit and gives the cheeks a nice warm sun kissed flush of color. Not pink, not too bronzy, in my opinion, just perfect for everyday wear in the summer time.
I do love the color but what I dislike is the sheen. It just does not look good on my skin tone.
I have a medium to light tan skin tone with neutral undertone. (beauty consultants can never match me.. some say I am olive, some say I am warm, but none of the colors they pick ever work lol. so who knows)
The sheen in this looks horrible on me, I am not sure what is happening but it does not work at all.
I would love this if it did not have that sheen.
I think it would work best for lighter to light-medium skin tones.
I am so sad I cannot use this.

on 9/16/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Like my fellow reviewer, I love to use this as a setting powder. It provides a little extra color to my skin in the summer, so I can use it to deepen the color of my normal foundation in the summer. The pearly (not shimmery!) sheen gives me a slight glow. I can also use this as a lighter bronzer or contouring shade in the winter. This is an excellent bronzer for pale skin. Although I own the other two shades (Amber Nectar, also a nice bronzer shade and Beauty's Touch, a light rosy pink shade) I find that I get the most use out of this shade.

My only complaint is the packaging, which is pretty flimsy. If anyone knows the size or type of round container I can use to "re pot" this, please let me know. The package fell on my bathroom floor and the lid broke off, so I just place the lid on top, loose. :p

on 11/10/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Milani products are not my favorite. These powders, however, are very nice! While I own all three, I'm only reviewing two, and this review is specifically for Hermosa Rose.

I'm currently an NW30, and Hermosa Rose provides a beautifully illuminated finish when used as an all-over setting powder. The "illumination" is subtle, with *zero* sparkle or glitter. It sets liquid foundation well, without resulting in a caked-on or powdery finish. (I wouldn't rely on this for any sort of oil-control as that isn't its intended purpose.)

If you're warmer-toned or prefer a more golden finish, try the Amber Nectar.

An excellent all-round product. I wish the packaging was a bit more "luxe," but for $9.00 it's unreasonable to expect much more than basic functionality. I'd repurchase if needed and do recommend it.