Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner

3.5

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Let me start out by saying that I HATE waxy, greasy lip balms that just sit on my lips. They don't make my lips any softer, they just feel greasy and heavy, and I almost always end up wiping them off after 5 minutes, and then searching for something else to put on my lips - and most of the time, this ends up being a bit of hand cream or lotion. So, naturally, I love this product. If you're used to heavier balms and need that oiliness/waxiness to feel like your lips are actually being moisturized, you won't like this balm. But as it soaks into my lips, my lips just feel soft and almost plumped. I love the little tube, and the flavor is nice - nothing at all like the standard Carmex scent/flavor.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I thought I would try it, since it's 1) Carmex, which is allegedly a miracle worker, and 2) dirt cheap. It's not a bad product, but I don't think I would buy it again. I had mixed feelings...
- The texture is similar to a thick body lotion, which kind of reminds me of the Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment and Neosporin Lip Health formulas (good). The product goes on smoothly, but does leave a slight white residue if you apply too much or don't rub it in long enough (bad).
- It absorbs almost instantly, but as it dries, my lips feel like they are shriveling up. I constantly feel like I need to reapply something while it's drying. My lips ARE a bit softer when it's fully absorbed (good), but they don't feel protected at all...if I breathed through my mouth for too long, I think my lips would be snowing crust flakes (bad).
- My lips looked completely matte after application - not "dewy" or "healthy" or whatever....somehow, a little more matte than before I applied anything. Weird? This may be a good thing for men...
- The smell/taste is almost identical to an orange creamsicle...and it fades within minutes. The smell is one of the main things I liked about this product.
- The packaging is more hygienic than a tub or twist-up stick, so bonus points for Carmex on that one.
I will keep using this product until it's gone, but mainly for the smell/taste...and probably under a less tasty lip treatment. For less than $2, it wasn't a bad buy...but I think I would just prefer more time-tested products, like the Blistex ointment I mentioned above. Or plain Vaseline after I brush my teeth at night.

Popular Lip Treatments