Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/1/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have so many lip balms, but I couldn't resist this. Orange??? Yum! Oh, and it was only 57 cents at CVS this week. It's not greasy and lit absorbs fast, plus I love the scent. I need one in every pocket and purse!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product smells lovely and soaks into my lips. I did notice that it makes dead skin more apparent but it softens it so I can run the dead cells right off leaving soft, smooth lips ready for lipstick. I use this before matte lipsticks, rub off the sloughed skin and walah!

on 5/2/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I LOVE this product. My two lip staples have long been cherry Chapstick for everyday use, and Blistex Ointment when my lips are really chapped. I do like to wear a lip balm as a base before applying lipstick, but don't like that slippery feeling. It feels like the lipstick color isn't going on as it should, and the color doesn't stay put for long. I do spread my facial moisturizer over my lips, but that doesn't really do anything. This Carmex lip conditioner is just what I've wanted. It's PERFECT for applying under lipstick. Makes lips feel moisturized and prepped, without any heavy, waxy feel. Feels like you have nothing on. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with lips looking white afterwards. Maybe I don't put that much on, but you don't need to. My only wish is that there was more in the tube. I like the tube packaging, but does get harder to get the last of it out. And the smell is the BEST - orange Creamsicles. Not medicated or minty.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This sounded so promising- I am one of those Carmex addicts, but was looking for something that was just an everyday balm. The scent is lovely- I can't believe it's Carmex! BUT- as others have said, it is the consistency of lotion- and that's not a good thing. There's a reason I don't use my hand cream on my lips unless it's an emergency- the consistency is just too weird and unnatural on lips!

On one hand, it soaks right into your skin, leaving no moisturizing stuff leftover. On the other hand, what it DOES leave behind is this chalky white color that actually accentuates all of the flakes on my lips.

What they should have done was kept the exact consistency of the tube version of the medicated Carmex and just taken out the medicated aspect of it. The smell is great- but it's just unusable for me. I threw it away after maybe 10 uses.

Top Rated Lip Treatments